thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
6puxi1.jpg

lol.
I mean the story probably started writing a decade ago, a year or two after Pocahontas came out, so... nothing wrong with giving this message again. And still, it has a lot of little extra twists and characters along the way. So it's fine I think. Not really original, but it's good enough to suit this amazing movie.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I mean the story probably started writing a decade ago, a year or two after Pocahontas came out, so... nothing wrong with giving this message again. And still, it has a lot of little extra twists and characters along the way. So it's fine I think. Not really original, but it's good enough to suit this amazing movie.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Not just that movie/story but many others too...

Zakyath

Reaction score
>yes the story wasn't mind-blowing but it wasn't a disappointment either

I thought it was very disappointing and full of clichés. I usually isn't hard on any movie. But the best movie of the decade being this? C'mon!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do like how you guys express your opinions on that movie, however...

If you wish to discuss the movie's story, do it within spoilers. Else well, don't discuss it. I will enforce this, as spoiling is plain not nice.

Thank you for your understanding.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
My teacher hasn't.

And it is a good movie. If so many people say so, it's obviously better than average. Not in a sense that if the majority goes one way, that's the right way, but this is a movie, not some dangerous action. And everone has different opinions and values and scores, but Avatar is probably around best movie of the year averaged in.

If this movie had no hype, had a low box office, and wasn't all that special, would you think the story was disappointing? o.o If the story has been said so many times (and I agree it has) then why do most people in this world still not really know about it or care about it? A big famous movie can help spread the message even more. The story isn't great, but why would it be negative, not just an average story, cuz there's a lot of films with worse stories.

But uh, besides the story, what's your overall impression of Avatar Zakyath?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zakyath

Reaction score
>But uh, besides the story, what's your overall impression of Avatar Zakyath?

The visuals were fantastic. Everything else was just bad, imho. It was one creative thing with it though; this movie probably won't be worth seeing downloaded. So, with the huge hype around it, everyone "have" to see it in the cinema.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as far as the quality of the movie is concerned, every single person I know in real life who've went to see the movie praised it very highly.

Now I wonder whether it's you Zakyath or... :rolleyes: Haha!

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
The only thing I disliked is the 3D, it hurt my eyes watching it for 3 hours!! :)

Poor dragon's died :(

punwisp

Reaction score
Some may not like this movies, but in sales its beaten many movies such as titanic, lord of the rings, transformers 2, etc.

And lawl it made 4-5 times the sales then any movie released in 2009.. That part was pretty funny xD

We haven't had a movie rack up so much money in a long time.

On a side note, theres christians and such out there that hated and walked out of the movie because of "animated abuse of animals" and "animated alien sex"

Some even called the mental bond thing rape...

xD

Anyway, the only downfall was the fact that the story was unoriginal and predictable, but they did a very good freaking job.

@thewrongvine

It just recently passed all those movies you stated.

And for everyone else, this is part of a trilogy, Sam stated he signed up for a trilogy, and there already talking about the sequel. I mean shit, theres no reason for there not to be one, even though this kind of movie is fine by itself, they made more than enough money to make more.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
@punwisp, it's actually number 2 of all time world wide box office, right behind Titanic, also by James Cameron, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

punwisp

Reaction score
@punwisp, it's actually number 2 of all time world wide box office, right behind Titanic, also by James Cameron, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ah I re-read some of the stuff I got the information from, I slightly misread it. Yea its still second place, however, from the looks, it will past it quite soon, its not slowing down, its making bucket loads on numerous countries, and the price is rising, I think right now its at $1.31 billion, its likely a lot higher than that now, but thats the number I'm seeing right now, Titianic is at 1.84 Billion. Avatar is not slowing down xD

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Just saw this.
This is all I can say about it: :O

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
The script was written by James Cameron a year before Pocahontas was released, by the way.

Also, Cameron has confirmed that they intend to do two sequels. I'm interested to see how that work's out.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Take that, Avatar-haters!

lol, I don't think 1) the sequels will be as good and 2) that he will live long enough to finish them :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well no, he's only 56, but I mean it took him near 15 years to make one, ^^.
Plus he has like another few movies planned out, so that'll take some time.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Well no, he's only 56, but I mean it took him near 15 years to make one, ^^.
Plus he has like another few movies planned out, so that'll take some time.

You don't actually think it took 15 years to make right? This isn't Duke Nukem.

He created the script 15 years or so ago but did not feel the technology was advanced enough to create his vision. The movie took around 4 years to make.

Whatever the sequel, I can't wait for it :) Heck, I'm not even done re-watching the first one. Sadly I have still only seen it once. Probably won't see it in 3D for a while too :(

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
In an interview he did with AotS, he said most of that time was developing the cameras used.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
In an interview he did with AotS, he said most of that time was developing the cameras used.
More just generally waiting for the digital equipment to catch up and then ordering development of the special software, I would guess...

See, people have been saying that the filming methods used to generate the 3d effect are 'new' somehow. I was under the impression that they were using the classic stereoscopic two-camera-inputs-side-by-side trick. Which I guess is new if you consider technology that has been useable in still imagery since the 1840's and was first adapted to motion picture in the 1890's to be 'new'.
If someone could please explain what the froodlenutzsky these people are pointing at in terms of the 3d being 'new' technology, that would be great.

And pointing back at the quote, I certainly refuse to believe that the visionary cinematographer James Cameron spent 10 years trying to figure out how to strap two digital cameras together.
What's 'new' is probably just the software and camera quality.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.