Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
They invented a new type of sterocopic camera, I think.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Dude, I watched that movie yesterday:) It was actually worth sitting still for 150minutes to see:thup:
It was just awesome :D

Btw, did anyone else than me that has seen it get this feeling to?
I felt a bit like it was an Al Gore remake of "Romeo and Juliet":eek:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You don't actually think it took 15 years to make right? This isn't Duke Nukem.

He created the script 15 years or so ago but did not feel the technology was advanced enough to create his vision. The movie took around 4 years to make.

I was joking, :p he's probably not going to take another 30 years to make 2 sequels, but I was talking about his personality. His sequels/big films usually are split at 6-7 years apart.
And look, what if the technology of "tomorrow" still isn't enough for his dream? :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I was joking, :p he's probably not going to take another 30 years to make 2 sequels, but I was talking about his personality. His sequels/big films usually are split at 6-7 years apart.
And look, what if the technology of "tomorrow" still isn't enough for his dream? :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

I guess that's true. Either way, I'd rather he take his time and release a sequel worthy of the first one than rush it out and disappoint everyone. But if history tells us anything, it's that James Cameron does not disappoint.

I think the technology that he employed in Avatar was to his liking and I honestly can not see how he could improve it much. He already has the 3D effects down as well as the CGI.
We should probably expect some minor improvements though when/if he does release the sequel.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Dur. And still going. Frigging rich man.
But in ticket sales it's not that high, heh. Inflation.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Written before Pocahontas?
:O
Jake Sully!
That actor, uh, Sam Worthington that's his name yeah, he used to be a brick layer.
Australian actors are taking over the world.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

punwisp

Reaction score
lol

I mean the basic plot.

Besides theres a lot of common type plots, there simple, just because you see one do it first, doesn't mean others are ripping them off, or copying them.

People will say the warcraft movie copied Lord of the Rings, basically because there the same theme, totally different plot, and the races are drastically different (Exception of humans and elves). But mainly the same theme. So people will say they copied them.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well me and a friend are going to watch the 3D version tomorrow. I haven't seen the 3D one yet and she really wants to see it in 3D, as we've only watched it in the normal version. Hopefully it's as cool as you all are saying. :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol

I mean the basic plot.

Besides theres a lot of common type plots, there simple, just because you see one do it first, doesn't mean others are ripping them off, or copying them.

People will say the warcraft movie copied Lord of the Rings, basically because there the same theme, totally different plot, and the races are drastically different (Exception of humans and elves). But mainly the same theme. So people will say they copied them.

Well, the way I see it as follows, using Titanic as an example...

Was anyone really surprised when the Titanic hit an Iceberg, and sank? Most knew there was a love story, classic under-privileged "Charismatic" man, and a wealthy woman destined to marry an arrogant, and powerful man, who end up porking, falling in love, and obviously ending in tragedy. I'd say more people knew the outcome of Titanic than they did Avatar... That didn't stop Titanic from being considered a huge success, and the critics from being immensely favorable. Why is that?

Predictability does not mean bad. Far from it. And those who think so should get over it, because that simply is. :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Well, the way I see it as follows, using Titanic as an example...

Was anyone really surprised when the Titanic hit an Iceberg, and sank? Most knew there was a love story, classic under-privileged "Charismatic" man, and a wealthy woman destined to marry an arrogant, and powerful man, who end up porking, falling in love, and obviously ending in tragedy. I'd say more people knew the outcome of Titanic than they did Avatar... That didn't stop Titanic from being considered a huge success, and the critics from being immensely favorable. Why is that?

Predictability does not mean bad. Far from it. And those who think so should get over it, because that simply is. :)

WHAT?!?! It sinks at the end?! Way to ruin it for me, man!

Titanic was different because it's based on a true story that most people are aware of... although not as good as the original one that was in black and white and all badass and stuff; Avatar was supposed to be an original plot, or at least I thought it was going to be, which somewhere I read the actual script was written in 2002 whereas the premise of the idea came way before. And I didn't like it because I knew what was going to happen, I didn't like it because the entire time it felt more like a tech demo and had no originality to it, nothing beyond the visuals made me think of it as amazing or something that, if it wasn't so hyped up and I saw a commercial every twenty minutes, I would really remember. But, because the entire thing has been emblazoned into my head forever thanks to 150 million dollars of advertising, I probably will.

punwisp

Reaction score
Even the most simplest predicable plots can outmatch the most original plots

Titanic and Avatar being great examples, and there both the top movies to ever rack in so much moo-lah

Ironic isn't it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.