.AVI files are black in Windows Movie Maker

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I need urgent help for this, the deadline for my project is on January 8, 2009.

There're some problems that are appearing in my WMM. From my classmates, camera, I took some videos and then imported them on my PC.

The problem now is this, it is in AVI format, and WMM doesn't recognize it but its audio. It does play, but on a black screen.

I know there are over hundreds of AVI types and this is what I'm asking:

• Is there any way to convert AVI to MPG or any other file type w/o a watermark, or a limited converstion?
• Is there any way to change the type of avi file?
• What do you think makes this problem?
• My Nero also has this problem, but only it displays a black screen only when it is not counted as first in the timeline. Is there anyway to fix this, or is this just an error in the process of making the movie, but not really during the finish of the movie (I'm trying to imply that it may be black during the making, but does it show after burning?)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
There aren't hundred's of types of AVIs, but only one. AVI is merely a container, an empty shell into which you put various types of video and audio formats.

What you've got there is most probably DV. Open the video with GSpot (or a similar application) to figure out which codec you're missing and install it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.