AVIATOR WARZ / unit-item-terrain editors needed (plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guitarplay

:eek: hi :D

i need some people here ot help me wiht a little bit of detail, terrain editing, and some unit and item editing

as everyone here probably dose not know, tank warz and battle ships at one point in time were my FAVORITE!! games on wc3. i was in caln l3s just until recently, and i was trying to think of some possible mpa ideas and thought of this

AVIATOR WARZ

After thousnds of years of fighting, from bows and swords to tanks and rifels, the North and the South aliance have been fighting. Now, in recent times, the fight has taken to the air, and 6 of the best aviator piolates from each alience, has lead there alience to teh final battle. The battle to decide who controlls teh skies.

Fight for your life, in airplanes attacking with your aliences air force and your self. Send the other pilots floating down to the ocen blew, below their totaled airplane. Destroy the tother teams air-craft carrier and massacre their airport, and harbor. Once the other team has been eliminated, the skies will be yours.

ATTACKS

different ships have different abilites "weapons"
bombs. given so many per plane, once run out, must return to base to re-stock

machine gun. verry hard to run out of but can jam and overheat which can cause you to not be able to shoot(built in not ability) has verry hgih amo

missiles. normal come in sets of 2. they are like bombs and are limited. they can be upgraded from rocket to missile to locking to homming
rocket-small damge and can not target a plane, must be shot and
hope u have targeted right point

missile-same as rocket but can do much more damge, and more
accurate

locking- can target enemy planes, but if planes aree moving side to
side, will most likely miss unless at close range

homing-HOMING, can target planes and will follow them (can be
shooken)

torpedo. kills enemy subs (are there) that shoot up at you, better than bombs

are more item based weapons

DEFENCES

shake. shakes rockets, dont always work

armor. (light, medeum, heavy) reduces damge from machine guns except not much from percing and ads to health

jets. increases speed and mobility

CLASSES OF SHIPS

1.) plane- a propeller plane armed with a machine gun, and few bombs
2.) jet- faster, and more armor with more bombs, and 2 machine gunns, and missiles has light armor
3.) fighter plane- one of teh fastes planes, and has verry few bombs but more machine gun fire(percing) and missiles, has shake and jets
4) light bomber- slow but not as slow as heavy bomber, has no missiles but high defences and many boms and machine gun fire. has medeum armor
5.) heavy bomber- slow slow slow, but verry tough, and loads of bombs (base killer) some missiles and good machine gun fire. has heavy armor
6.) battle ship- verry easily killed, but have missiles, and tons and tons of them, along with machine guns. no armor torpedos are also avilibel, but few.
7.) submarine- :eek: , like battle ship, they are weak, and verry verry weak that that but,. . . VERRY HARD TO KILL CAUSE HARD TO FIND. they have no machine guns, but tehy have lots of torpedos, and some verry advanced missiles.

i have the game basicaly planned out but i need someone whos good at doing lots of details in terrain and someone whos good with item and unti editing

triggers
(not realy needed much)
guitarplay101

terrain
darthfett

units
darthfett

items
darthfett

previouly recruiting helpers
B]curently doing terrain and startiing units[/B]
next is finishing terrain, and units

this is the current terrain level that is done. it has the rough uotline, but details have not been added (doodads and physical features), the cloud is still under progress :eek: yeah. . .

Rad

Reaction score
Just a personal thought*, you should do your map ideas in paint so people dont have to go through so much trouble

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I am good in all 3 areas, (except for a few minor areas in triggers, such as game caches) I have made a td (with 2 game types) in triggers, and i have made some very good terrain (link below), and i am good in unit editor, but i dont have all that many examples to show. My computer crashed (im on my parent's right now) and im not even sure if i lost all my files. My dad won't even start to work on it for 2 days, so i might be unavailable for a while. (I cannot look at your map, either). Tell me if you are interested. (Td is attached).

Energy Fusion (Terraining)

G

guitarplay

it would be nice if you could help me, il add you to teh list darthfett

G

guitarplay

darthfett thanks get started when u can on heros and untis, that can be imported into teh map because i am going to being the terrain. (roug terrain)
make the heros, abilities, shops, units and just get started on that, then il give u teh map and u can import them, and do some touchops, or add to teh terrain as u see fit.

i will once im done, start working on some of teh heros and all "i can model. . . somewhat .", then give it bak to me so i can tdo triggers, touch ups and add everything else, tehn we will start alpha testing, more touchups and beta testing :)

i can do triggers so dont wory bout that now

G

guitarplay

ok that sounds good, so if u started, remember not to start a new terrain map, i allready have that. . .

develop shops that sell items, develop teh items (make up ur own weapons and if u have questions ask), and make some cool flying things for captins. . .
i am done the basic model of one of the airplanes allready. . . so dont wory about that

btw, if u want start comming up with teh stats for the planes and balencing them. . ., we can import them later

... where are u and have u started yet??

G

guitarplay

bump (any more helpers would be great. . . seeing as im stuck on the models)

btw the models are looking great so far :), ive got the airplan/bomber plane compleeted(they are teh same model), and am working on the fighter jet (looks great, but will take a bit longer) next i need the submarine (easy as hell)

plz if u are interested join up

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I can't really help much since I have to work on my main map (True Roleplaying) but I can help with Ideas and such. Your setup of plane types seems a little odd, are they upgrading into better or different types? anyway heres a list of ideas I have (mostly renameing):

Plane - Standard issue to beginning pilots, average in everything, excelling in nothing.
Fighter - Fast and manuverable, has no bombs and light armor, can avoid missles and has a few rockets and machine guns for dogfights.
Fighter Bomber - Above average speed, has torpedos, a few bombs , one machine gun and light armor.
Bomber - Heavy armor and very slow, has a large payload of bombs and a single machinegun turret.
Zeppelin - Heavy armor and very, very slow, has some bombs, torpedos, and machine gun turrets, and has a lot of rockets.

I don't reccomend ships personally since it's an airplane game, not battleships, but if you really want to then make them higher armor and high attack, but VERY slow, slower than the zepplin even.

G

guitarplay

thanks for the advice, but this is not going to get anywhere, all my models which i had infact finished were deleted, i have errors when i try to convert models from blender to .mdl or .mdx and i realy dont have anyone to help me with the buildings, stats, and weapons for the rest of the game so im dissapointed

IM SO PISSED I DELETED MY MODELS, THEY WERE SOME OF MY BEST AHHHHHHH!!!
il let u see i have some pics
i dont have any pics of the biplane or sub :(
its not all but all i have pics of (made up bombers regular plane, and fighter)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Well, Guitarplay, (If you're still on) I did some work on the map. (I did start with new terrain, and a few starting triggers just to test stuff out). I also am thinking about something very unique for the map. Fuel! Your ship falls to the ground, and explodes when it runs out, and flying drains it. However, many upgrades for the ships help reduce the amount of fuel drained, and you can land, to stop your engine from running. I'm having a few problems with the triggers for this, as when the unit is paused, the immolation-based ability is still on, but it doesnt reduce mana. (Your mana is your fuel). I have made a repair-shop, just like on battleships, and you can test it out in the beginning, because you have like 10 hp. (Lol :D ) This is also a bump to get more people to help, and become interested. I have added some turrets for now, as weak auto-firing weapons.

BTW: YAY 200 POSTS!!!!!

EDIT: Doh! Almost forgot to upload the map. :nuts:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Sounds good, if you want I can add a system where you press foward to go faster, down to slow, left and right to turn, and if you slow dow too much you start to drop out of the air, and eventually land (or crash, depending) If you want I can make the system, I have made similar things and think I can manage this (have a few ideas). just upload the lates version and I'll do it. Also I can help set up the weapons and stuff if you want.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Here's the updated version. There are a few glitches, for example when you die, he tries to land, and when you revive, he lands. Also, the refuel station isn't working right, but i know how. Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• Aviator Wars.w3x
    63.1 KB · Views: 309

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
You want me to add the stuff I mentioned then?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Ok here it is, not done yet and lots of bugs, but its playable enough for you to tell me if this is good or not, and if it is, I'll finish it up, if not, scrap it. (I still wanna work on weapons though!)

G

guitarplay

wow, thats nice, never thought this would start again, thanks a lot, now, i appreciate it and il look at the maps, also ive been able to get some parts of planes back from the dead (the good new), but most its only the jet wings, and the regular airplan body, which should do, thank a lot, again

1.) agent paper, go ahead and do the weapons if u want

2.) looked at both maps, and whel, agent paper, yours dident work right, the veiw is a ncie touche, but the planes die one start. . .?

3.)Looks good, but its almost to much like BS, i like the setup, but i think it would be cool, to make landing spots both islands or peninsulas, and an area behin each base (a training area would be cool but il touch on taht later)

i dont want to make u go through any trouble, but an island in the middle would be nice, i had an idea bout something to use on that

4.) the veiw is nice, but it should be a choice, or a game mode, for instance, in beginning you can choose either all 1st person veiw, all top veiw, or all pick their own veiw.

ok, about training, a base type thing for training, which when enterd, u can do flying courses that give u more agility flying, more speed, and acuracy. You must compleet sets of courses for flying, target practice, and so on. This could also be an objective.

like the trader u could have a "bomber", to carry out missions which is paid for in gold, yet the bombs are almost compleetly inifective vs planes, if u know what i mean

the island in the middle, another quest like thing, but its like guarded and a maze. almost no visiblity (a giant clowd covers the isladn), many old piolates that have formed make-shift guns out of wrecked planes and shoot at you as you navigate through the dense fog, and cloud. Once landed, wild animals, and insane military survivors flock to killl. If you sucsessfuly reach the center of the island, u find the treasure, weapons and lots of special things, but only the finders team gets to use the weapons shop (has verry adnvanced weapons for good deals)

well, yeah those are kinda side things, kinda like the trader in battleships

im gonna be busy with school, i got homecomming saturday, and im gonna work on the models again, so, i guess now, we should slow down a second and do a bit of planning. We have a rough map-triggers-game, but its rough

i think we should combined everything into one map, and finish up the terraining (make it intersting and ad some surprises in). Also, fix glitches in triggers, and make sure everything works after we have all the terrain, and triggers ready, then i think that the weapons are next, thats u AgentPaper i guess.

be creative, but not to fantisy like w/ the weapons. Dont make like the mystical freezing fire cannon or stuff like that, make like a gatling gun, or a missile, or just like a machine guns.

(make different levels of the weapins, like light machine gun, and rapid fire machine gun, and armor pericing, and rapid fire armor peircing, and ultimate armor peircing)

also, we have one ship. . . and i think that we should have a few more empire ships, make some bigger and stronger, some weaker, when i finish models weel just swap um out i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.