AVIATOR WARZ / unit-item-terrain editors needed (plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Wow! AgentPaper, that is really REALLY good! Can i suggest a few things, though? Maybe order the unit to move maybe 96 in front of it? That way, it cant go in front of obstacles. You may also want to disable its ability to attack, and sometimes when it's slowing down, I can't get it to go up to speed again until it's landed already. But that is really good! Also, when he lands, can you change it so when he turns off the ability, the pilot gets out? Thanks a ton! BTW, guitarplay, you have to disable the killing action. It's a little glitched.

One question... Why did you extend the map bounds?

G

guitarplay

ahh, i see, lol, but realy i think right now we need to:

combined everything into one map, and finish up the terraining (make it intersting and ad some surprises in). Also, fix glitches in triggers, and make sure everything works after we have all the terrain, and triggers ready, then i think that the weapons are next, thats u AgentPaper i guess.

be creative, but not to fantisy like w/ the weapons. Dont make like the mystical freezing fire cannon or stuff like that, make like a gatling gun, or a missile, or just like a machine guns.

PS, i guess most triggers are done, so its realy touching up terrain

more area behind base (maby training grounds, and area in center)

if that is possible that would be amazing TY

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Yeha I extended it when I had it going faster, and it was hard to control it in such a small space, but with the stuff guitar wants to add then there not too much reason to make it smaller, and we have to more the bases too I guess. Anyway I'll work on it more when I get home, since you guys like it. also I think im going to change it so that the unit is ordered to move instead of being moved instantly, might make it smoother. and yes the attack needs to be removed, i'll do that too. glad you like it!

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Ok here it is! I really like how it turned out! You may want to test it on b.net with full players to make sure it doesn't lag, but other than that its all green! Note that the planes die if they go off the marble. And I added an island for the south base, in a place where theres room for stuff behind, and edited the AA turret.

G

guitarplay

ok, nice, but the terrain is the only part that is realy and truly not amazing
no offense, but it can use some work, il do that.

i love the veiw, and contols are amazing, but theres a problem. It wont land!!!. there needs to be a way to make it land and stop mooving, and pilot to get out. (if there is a way, plz tell me)

great, one plane is done, but i think, make more flying machines, (custom units) that have different abilities, earlier on i have a list of like planes, and try to make those.

im not sure if it is suposed to be like this, but fuel only goes down when you go higher???, (speed up or whatever). If it isnt it dosent, and i think it should always go down, cause it regenetares as you fly. .. not good.

work on those triggers, because when the terrain is done, you can just copy paste triggers.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The mana going down when speeing is supposed to be in addition to the constant one, which I can add, and as for making more planes, just make sure that when the player gets it, set plane (player number) to be that plane, and change the acceleration, max speed, turning rate, etc to be what you want. the defaults are what its set to now, for the "basic" plane. I'll work on the hero getting out, and ill make it so the plane will automatically fo into a hangar (one for each player) where it will be repaired/refuled until he wants to leave.

Sargon

Reaction score
I tried out one of the versions you posted here (the second most recent one), and I noticed something annoying. Basically, if you fly into a group of enemies, you'll never really get to leave. Your plane will keep turning around to try to attack the enemies, so you end up flying in crazy circles. If you disabled the plane's default attack, would it still function correctly? Because disabling the attack would fix it.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
heh, yea I fixed that in the latest one, as well as a lot of other bugs (see above post) thanks for testing!

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
OK got it all to work! (mostly) please tell me of any bugs you find, I'm off for tonight.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Sargon said:
I tried out one of the versions you posted here (the second most recent one), and I noticed something annoying. Basically, if you fly into a group of enemies, you'll never really get to leave. Your plane will keep turning around to try to attack the enemies, so you end up flying in crazy circles. If you disabled the plane's default attack, would it still function correctly? Because disabling the attack would fix it.
Thats what I meant by the plane's auto-attack. Where he automatically attacks. I meant to disable its auto-attack, so it doesnt attack unless you press a, or the attack button. BTW, AgentPaper, I don't know if you fixed it in this version (I'm grounded), but when you select another unit, and click on their picture, it locks the camera to that unit. I think you have to make the camera lock to the unit, or something. Thanks so much for working on it, AgentPaper, and Sargon for commenting/noticing.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well thats the normal lock on thats always there, I dont know any way to disable that unless you want to force the player to select his plane, if that won't be too bad (would make it only select when actually flying, BTW) then I can add that too. and how you like the hangar I made? lots of supports lol! :nuts:

Sargon

Reaction score
You're supposed to press a to attack? In the version I played, it just attacked automatically (the phoenix fire items). And the easy way to disable the auto-acquire is to disable the unit's attack.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well I guess I could make a trigger that would have the unit follow another, but wouldn't it be better to just have then manually control the plane all the time? we don't want to make it fly itself... in fact we should have most weapons only able to attack people in front, if possible.

Sargon

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
well I guess I could make a trigger that would have the unit follow another, but wouldn't it be better to just have then manually control the plane all the time? we don't want to make it fly itself... in fact we should have most weapons only able to attack people in front, if possible.

You're definitely correct. I would think that it takes a lot of the point out of the game to have the planes follow targets.

G

guitarplat

Sry i dident log in

I like the hit a to attack idea, and the you have to be looking at the plane to attack idea, but only for some weapons, like missilies, and machine gun. Those could be like spellos, that way only s=certain planes could get differnt gunns. Them maby have items that increase the spell. like so

-light machine gun
--armor peircing rounds(stronger, like dawn of the dead almost)
--heavy maching gun(all around better)
--speed machine gun(just faster)
--dual machine gun(actualy two machine guns
--light machine gun(can be compund with any other machine gun item to actualy create an extra gun)

-rocket
--heat seaking(follows enemie, higher chance to hit)
--large rocket(more powerfull)
--missiles(faster, and smaller, more of them)
--rocket(can be compound like light machine gun)

you get the idea

and also it would be great, if you could aim w/ mouse. Like
if you hit "a", you could go auto fire, and shoot at plane.
if you hit "b" you can shoot rockets(or get a lock w/ heat seaking)

that would be kinda cool, that way you could only shoot what you could see.
then have one for like a bomb, wher it just drops directly below you

G

guitarplay

I like the hit a to attack idea, and the you have to be looking at the plane to attack idea, but only for some weapons, like missilies, and machine gun. Those could be like spellos, that way only s=certain planes could get differnt gunns. Them maby have items that increase the spell. like so

-light machine gun
--armor peircing rounds(stronger, like dawn of the dead almost)
--heavy maching gun(all around better)
--speed machine gun(just faster)
--dual machine gun(actualy two machine guns
--light machine gun(can be compund with any other machine gun item to actualy create an extra gun)

-rocket
--heat seaking(follows enemie, higher chance to hit)
--large rocket(more powerfull)
--missiles(faster, and smaller, more of them)
--rocket(can be compound like light machine gun)

you get the idea

and also it would be great, if you could aim w/ mouse. Like
if you hit "a", you could go auto fire, and shoot at plane.
if you hit "b" you can shoot rockets(or get a lock w/ heat seaking)

that would be kinda cool, that way you could only shoot what you could see.
then have one for like a bomb, wher it just drops directly below you

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well for weapons, how about something like this:

Maching gun - very fast light damage, much ammo
Cannon - slower but heavy damage, less ammo
Rockets - shoots fast, high damage, very low ammo
Missile - shoots slow, very high damage, single shot
"Dumb" Bombs - low damage, large ammo, inacurate
"Smart" Bombs - high damage, low ammo, accurate
Paratroopers - Drops a squad of paratroopers
Tank - Drops a heavy tank
Minigun Turret - Shoots at all enemy planes automatically, low damage very high ammo

And each plane has varying amounts of item slots, and whenever an item runs out of ammo, it dissapears and you have to buy another. and instead of using abilities and pressing "a" or "b", you would just press one of the numpad keys to activate the items like regular, or we could set up 6 abilities to use each one if we want. if we run this off triggers instead of auto-fire, it would make it require more skill, and allow for more flexibility. Of course we can still have a couple items shoot like normal, like a mini-gun turret that can swing around.

G

guitarplay

something along those lines, your doing the wepons, so il let you have the final say, but i kinda like the counter strike way, where you hit f, and click to shoot. Maby you could have like an option??, but that would make things more complicated.

like not good acuracy in a lot of things, but if you aim yourself . . ., then you rely on you skils to actualy hit them, do what you want. I just want it to be able to have weapons, kinda like in bs, but with more realistic theme

and btw, i dident mean to do that doble post thing, ?? it dident register with the guest at first, so i went back, and siged on

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
how about, for things like rockets or machine guns, you select one enemy, and whenever you use the item it shoots at the enemy you have selected, or if your selection isn't invalid (selected none, or firend, or self, or someone too far) it just dosen't attack and either uses or doesn't use the ammo, we can decide that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.