Awesome specs...but crappy game perfomance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graphixaddict

ok....ive been trying to solve this issue for about a week now, iwth very little luck.

specs...
2.4 ghz P4
1gig RDram
128meg DDR video (nvidia geforce4 ti 4600)
80 gig HD
newest detonator drivers for my vid card
directx 9

problem....
when i start gameplay at anything but the very lowest settings it will run perfectly smooth for like 20-30 seconds then freeze for 4-5 seconds then play fine then freeze etc.... even at the lowest settings it will do it like every 7-10 minutes. this is very annoying considering i can paly UT2003 on the highest possible settings, same with all my other games.
it happens both online and off, ive defragged, reinstalled, turned off every other program i can, ive tried everything... any help is much appreciated.
Graphix

P

psychobob

Might be your Ti-4200. Had similar performance issues. changed to an FX5500 and now it works great.

Y

yellosno

I'm having the exact same problem except that it is happening with my geforce 6600 its driving me nuts! I have tried everything.

L

leech1007

i had the same problem, the problem might be that your graphics card settings are running to high for the game, i ajusted mine through the graphics card to a lower setting and the game runs fine

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Awesome specs? Hardly.
In the year 2003, at the time he posted, they were.

leech1007 please check the dates before you post next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.