Balance patch coming - around "middle of September"

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
So, yes, it's coming. The 1.1 patch with some balance "fixes".

- slower Zealots
- slower Warpgates

- slower Reapers
- slower bunkers
- less damage on Siege Tanks
- less damage on Battlecruisers

- less damage on Ultralisks
- "ram" damage removed on Ultralisks

Read it all here

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
and chat channels ... because we REALLY wanted it.

edit: oh mid- to long-term plans ... never mind.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
HOW DARE THEY REDUCE THE MOVEMENTSPEED OF WARPGATES AND BUNKERS?!?!?i?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Middle of September? That's when I start my second year of college! No...! :(

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Slower Zealots... nice now we're going to get even more 6-pool Zergs against us, it really isn't enough that 80% already is it and can't handle anything you throw at them after their first attack gets assraped.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Great, all the ignorant noobs out there who are incapable of using Blink to to take out siege with Stalkers have cried and cried and cried, until finally Blizz has to shut them the hell up by screwing over terran.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Siege tanks are pretty strong in some maps where theres loads of choke points and stuff, at least when you got no blink.
Id really want some maps where theres more space for fighting.

( It would hugely help if people could make their own custom melee maps, like in sc1, but thanks to Blizzards retarted map publishing its made practically impossible now. )

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Great, all the ignorant noobs out there who are incapable of using Blink to to take out siege with Stalkers have cried and cried and cried, until finally Blizz has to shut them the hell up by screwing over terran.

This is true, but they are extremely tough to deal with as Zerg. Protoss can at least blink, we have to resort to Mutalisks which get pwned by Thors, Marines, and Vikings.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
To me it seems Blizzard is cautiously dodging the most prominent issues brought up mostly by forum posters and players, and are making their own changes on what they see themselves. The changes proposed in this patch are minor and don't address the issues raised by players themselves. I don't think Blizzard is listening to the players as much as they say they are.

As a zerg-only player, I think the other races are fine, and zerg need to be played properly to be good, they are NOT for new players! My only complaint as a zerg is their limit on scouting ability, changelings are odd and don't last long, and when compared to terran scanner sweep and the the protoss observer, come rather short. I would really like to see a return of the parasite ability from Starcraft 1 :D

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Zerg are simply badly designed.
They released game too early, and it was zerg who suffered from it, because zerg was the last race to be designed.

Thats the source of the problems with this race, and its kinda shame that they treat it only as a balance problem which can be fixxed by changing some numbers here and there.

punwisp

Reaction score
They have been working on the game for 6+ years, companies like EA spend 1, maybe 2 years on a game then release it. And you're saying Blizzard rushed it? o_O

Its not rushed, like said before, zerg were just poorly designed. The tech tree needs to be redone, and they need a decent *sneaky* unit (Such as ghosts or DTs), and better scouting...

Blizzard aren't as much as listening to the community anymore. They do what they want, and try methods to limit us and poor more money out of us, and sometimes doing something everyone wants.

Sc2 is still a VERY good game, doesnt mean the company hasn't changed.

punwisp

Reaction score
Its not very sneaky.

Lurkers would be awesome if they didnt make them so useless. THey made there cost high, there attack speed is slow, and the damage is slow. Which makes them a bit useless. Speed there attack speed and up there damage, and nerf there cost slightly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.