baneling tower (bash effect)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

By reading the name of the post, I guess you already know what I'm going to ask :)

- I gave a baneling an aura behavior called baneling attack aura
- The duration of the behavior is set to 0 and the period to 2
- In the periodic-effect of the behavior I created a search-effect which deals the damage
- Now I made an actor of the type ModelOnShotStyle with the baneling splash model
- I triggered this to when the baneling effect is used

question

How can I ONLY show the model if an enemy unit it hit by it?
It's a bit annoying when there are no units and the baneling is attacking

Marloes

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You would have to use a search effect where you set the area effect to a damage effect, and the maximum count to 1.

Now you go to your damage effect, and set the impact location to source point, and set the area to whatever you want it to be (A good reference is the baneling damage effect)

This would search every 2 seconds, spawning the damage effect, only if there is enemy units nearby.

To make spawn the effect the very moment an enemy unit comes close, instead of just every 2 second;
What you COULD do is to set the search effect's effect to a Set effect, with the damage effect, and an apply behavior effect which would apply a behavior (doing nothing) with a 2 second duration, to the source unit, and then have a validator on the original behavior that disables the behavior when it has the new behavior.

I know this seems a little complicated, but it wont be neccesary, it's just an option that would make it seem more fluid, and seem like an actaul cooldown on an attack, instead of something happening every 2 second.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I'm very familliar with behaviors and effects so I understand what you mean with the validator

thanks X-Maul!

P.s I want to give the baneling range 1 but I need to give it about radius 3 when it can reach range 1, can somebody explain me this?

X-maul

Reaction score
To do this you will have to look at how your current 'ability' works.

Right now, a behavior searches every 2 second, for units within a certain radius, if there is a unit inside that radius, if will launch a damage effect on the caster, dealing damage to all units within a radius defined on the damage ability.

So to change the radius at which the baneling will attack, you will have to set the radius of the search effect to 1, and the radius of the damage effect to 3.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
actually my question was:

1. does radius 1 means range 1?
2. does it matters if the unit radius is greater than 0?

X-maul

Reaction score
Radius is the distance from the center of a circle, to the side, like this, the center being the impact location;
Radius.ashx

I'm actually not sure about this, try to set the radius to 0, and see if it works, if not set it to 0.1.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
approximately yes.

For question 2, it depends on which search flags have been checked. You make it so unit radius's are either included and excluded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.