Banner Contest Discussion

Rad

Reaction score
mase said:
Don't no if you will allow flash but heres a shot at it... btw i made it in like 10 mins so if u want to edit it u can freely... Oh and its 100 px (height) x 500 px (width) TH flash on free web hoster lol

You could probrably do the same with a GIF...

Anyways

Banner colors and style should compliment the existing forum color scheme.
The only color is that blueish navy color, the rest is gray and different shades of blue. Except for the banner having yellow, what other colors should we use?

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
You could probrably do the same with a GIF...

Anyways

Indeed.

I wouldn't say that having an animated banner if going to make you more likely to win though...

The only color is that blueish navy color, the rest is gray and different shades of blue. Except for the banner having yellow, what other colors should we use?

Umm...white?

Most of the forum background is a very very light blue. I think it's E1E1E2.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I'm guessing: Blue (any shade) Silver, Gray, White. Well i'm guessing they would be the main ones.

Just use colours you see on the site.
-Husky

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
MeRcChRiS said:
So is mine ok or no then cause its colors are kinda off a lil. :(

Nah, I think they're allright.

Anyway off with the off-topic stuff, and lets leave it to the posting (I think i'll start a discussion thread for this one).
-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
Thread has been split. Let's keep the discussion over here, please.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Bah, what Mod stole my thread idea! ;) :D
-Husky

EDIT:

Argggh! Its was ye Captain Sargon!

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Some TH.net Colour Codes

Yep, here are some colour codes that you'll see around the site.

NOTE: They may not be 100% exact but they will be very close.

===============================================

Yellow Text in Banner - FFF07D

Main Blue/Purple Colour in Banner - 8C82FF

Light Blue Purple/Blue under Avatars - EEEDFD

Text Colour (Avatar one to be precise) - 403F8D

Colour on bottom Smilies (when you create new post/thread) - F0EFFF

===============================================

If you want more, just ask.

-Husky

Rad

Reaction score
OH heh the split version turned into discussion, Ill just go back and edit my last post in there... ;)

I havent been here for very long, but I like how it all looks plain. Nothing distracting you, but some of those banners submitted look all... I dont know... distracting? I hope it still fits the classic theme of TH :(

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Rad said:
I havent been here for very long, but I like how it all looks plain. Nothing distracting you, but some of those banners submitted look all... I dont know... distracting? I hope it still fits the classic theme of TH :(

Go look at Ilendil and my banners. Everyone else's just seem to be the word The Helper.net with some pretty colours in the background.

And Mase's one :nuts:. Yes, I know I sound harsh, but some of them... Come on, you really think they'd be put up there?

I'm trying to go to a Professional and "natural" style one that is easy one the eye.

Oh well, enough jabbering from me.
-Husky

Sargon

Reaction score
husky_003 said:
I'm trying to go to a Professional and "natural" style one that is easy one the eye.

-Husky

EXACTLY. I think that the our current plain, no-frills layout is wonderful. It adds an air of professionality to the forum. Sort of a feelling of "we're so good, we don't need to look flashy to attract people." But not really as bragging-ish as that. Just no distractions (as Rad said), no gimmicks, just quality content.

And yeah, Husky's and Ilendil's banners are best in that regard.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
wait, but those 2 are some of the flashiest...and good point, I'm going to work on a simple design.

Sargon

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
wait, but those 2 are some of the flashiest...and good point, I'm going to work on a simple design.

Sort of. What I mean is that they're professional looking, not crazy colors and fonts and backgrounds and you can't really read it like a lot of the others are.

Sargon

Reaction score
Hmm, Ryoko's is my new favorite one.

And I like how the computer in the banner is running Mac OS X.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
except it says "RYOKO CONCEPT AND DESIGN" in the background :rolleyes: , and that big pack of text on the right seems like more of an advertisement of what we do, clutters it up too much. I'd say put that frustraded comp sketch guy we have now there instead, and maybe some small text beneath him. "keep it simple, stupid"

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I really like yours Ryokos, its simple and professional, the right text doesn't seem necessary though, it just doesn't fit in.
Hows it look on the main page?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.