US News Barack Obama: 'Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol'

Zakyath

Reaction score
US President Barack Obama has said smoking marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol, but still called it a "bad idea".

Speaking to The New Yorker magazine, he said it was wrong to think legalising the drug would be "a panacea" that could solve many social problems.

Mr Obama was referring to recent legalisation of marijuana in the states of Colorado and Washington.
He has previously admitted using the drug when he was young.

More:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25805206

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I respect Obama for saying this. It is the truth rather than what the drug czar of the US is saying. The problem with the drug czar is his science is not supported by much actual research since Marijuana was not able to be produced for many years because of problems and researchers turned to Spice - a designer drug clone. Is their research on marijuana or spice? They never mention that.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I respect Obama for saying this. It is the truth rather than what the drug czar of the US is saying. The problem with the drug czar is his science is not supported by much actual research since Marijuana was not able to be produced for many years because of problems and researchers turned to Spice - a designer drug clone. Is their research on marijuana or spice? They never mention that.

The problem is marijuana is banned on a world level; it's sanctioned as an illegal drug by the UN. But in a few months, Obama will likely ban alcohol too because why the fuck not? Can't have a police state with the population able to overcome sobriety for a time.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I feel like the legalization movement would have been better off if Obama stayed out of things.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think things working better if Obama stayed out of it is pretty universal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.