Barrage + Poison

sevensc

Reaction score
I have a tower that attacks using barrage, starting with 2 targets (and they say three is the minimum - ha) and can be upgraded to 7 targets max.

The tower works perfectly it that aspect.

The next step is getting it to add slow poison (or a similar effect) to each of it's targets. I've tried adding an effect to the attack its self but have had no luck.

Is making a MUI trigger with a dummy unit the only option I have, or am I overlooking a simpler solution? (I do not want to use splash or frost)

Thanks for any help.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
3 is the minium trust me ! Anyways you cant add slow poison to barrage so you would need a MUI trigger.

sevensc

Reaction score
2 is the minimum. (I'll post a map if I need to so that the tutorial can be changed/fixed)

Ok, I'll go MUI.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
i don want 2 disturb u but

what is MUI? and what is it good 4? never came along a tut 4 that

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
MUI means multi unit instanceable, meaning that two are more units are able to use the same ability at the same time.

sevensc

Reaction score
Semi-new issue:

It appears that only 1 of the targets hit by barrage is considered as "attacked".

Is there any way to detect the others?

sevensc

Reaction score
Is there any ability that is not splash that can apply poison to multiple targets?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you would need a trigger that looks like this

unit_group is a unit group variable
integer is a integer variable

you need to make the tower do no damage (try a bash with 100% chance to do -100% bonus damage) and a dummy that has the attack damage/type that you want

event - a unit is attacked
conditions - unit type of attacking unit is equal to (barrage + poi tower)
actions -
pick every unit within (range of tower) range to (unit_group)
loop - for each integer A (from 1 to # of attacks you want) do actionspick a random unit from (unit_group) and do actions*
*if (owner of picked unit) is an enemy of (owner of attacking unit) then do actions **
** create 1 dummy at (position of attacking unit)
** add (poison of your choice) to (last created unit)
** add a 1 second generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
** order (last created unit) to (attack once) (picked unit)
** remove (picked unit) from (unit_group)
else do remove (picked unit) from (unit_group)

pick every unit in (unit_group) and do actions*
*remove (picked unit) from (unit_group)

this basically picks all the units from within the tower's range when it attacks, picks however many random units you want from that group of units, and makes a dummy attack them with the art/poison that you want. make sure the tower has no attack art or it will look like a unit gets attacked twice

normally only 1 attack modifier can be used so you cant do that ( you cant have a orb, poison, splash, lifesteal, barrage, etc. stack) the only exception that I know of is splash + frost

sevensc

Reaction score
Thx Slapshot136 and Sunny_D, I'm gonna go hammer something out and I'll let you know how it goes.

M

Mathemagicia

I might make a suggestion to change the above trigger.
Playing around with this stuff last night, I found that if you don't change your pick every unit in range to something like:
A:
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Attacking unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True))) to MultiShotGroup

You may have uniqueness of target issues. The key point is the boolean "matching unit is alive equal to true." Unfortunately, the pick all units in range seems to pick up on dead units too, which of course your dummy unit won't target to attack, they will pick their own target and ignore your order. So, what will happen is if you have just 1 unit alive, you will still create dummy attackers, and he'll get hit by all the attacks in your barrage, rather than just one.

Also, if you want to preserve your tower's attack, you can always do one iteration of the loop by hand, and removed "attacked unit" from your MultiShotGroup.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.