Batman Arkham City

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hugo Strange Trailer
[video=youtube;muCtJsy-d9w]muCtJsy-d9w[/video]

World Premiere Trailer
[video=youtube;W73_hcyc6Dg]W73_hcyc6Dg[/video]

Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.

Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

Release Date: Q3 2011
Also on: PC, PS3
RP for Rating Pending
Genre: Action
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Developer: Rocksteady Studios

Graphics... amazing... cannot wait...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to post here. Probably because I was too busy playing it!

Anyway, this game is amazing. Probably one of my favorite games of all time.
My only sad point is that the main storyline ends eventually, ha. But besides that, it's a great game. The storyline is done very well, considering there are so many characters from the Batman universe. I love it, if it was a movie, it would be one of my favorite movies as well.

Does anyone else have it? If not, I recommend buying it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I got this for Christmas and have only put a few hours into it. I have to say when I first started playing, I was disappointed in the size of the map; It kinda looked like it was only just as big as Arkham Asylum's map. But then I realized ALL the buildings were enterable and HUGE inside, and that you could go UNDERGROUND throughout the entire city, it seems.

Holy crap.

Not only that, but the Riddler puzzles have become their own side-quest, as well as Catwoman's story [GET CATWOMAN! OR ELSE YOU ARE DEPRIVED!] Then take into account HOW MANY VILLAINS are in this story and the game isn't disappointing at all. Not only that, but the numerous new gadgets and innovations to old gadgets is awesome. What can't you do in this game?

As far as traveling the city, I gotta say, I love the gliding/grapple gun combination to get around. The numerous packs of thugs around means you can't walk 50 yards before you can start a fight and keep getting XP, fueling those levels and new abilities.

So far, the story is awesome. The graphics are amazing as they were in the last game and from what I've seen online, the ending was a shock to me. I would assume they're going to go for a third game, but I'm not sure how... I guess they'll have to surprise us!

I'd recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the first game, loves Batman or just wants an awesome action game.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I know, isn't it amazing?

I would have suggested you not watching the ending online, as when you play it through, it's like... mind-blowing.

Not sure how far you are into it now, but it's great.

I also got the Robin DLC which is really fun. I like his combat style, perhaps even more than Batman's.

@Seth, did you watch the Spike Video Game Awards? In the Joker's acceptance speech, he mentioned and held up a folder that said "ARKHAM WORLD" on it, so I'm not sure if that's a spoiler or something.

[youtube]itff-0UF8sY[/youtube]

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Seth beat the main storyline last night. I was watching him play, and I agree about the end being mind-blowing.

Unfortunately Seth hasnt been able to unlock catwoman, cause the code didnt work so he's going to call.

Unwin

Reaction score
Batman is a cool game and the idea of this game is very much amazing and this game is really enjoyable specially the fight of the and the flying of the batman is amazing.

Flash Games

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Has anyone else been playing this? I don't even think I'm 50% into full completion because of all the damn Riddler puzzles you need to find to close his side case. I've closed Mr. Freeze's, the Watcher, Bane, and really most of the others. I still need to do Hush and Riddler and I think that might be it.

Then, of course, I eventually need to play the Catwoman storyline to get her percentage.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I got it for Christmas and beat it the week later, haven't had time to open it up since then (college searching takes priority :) ). With the PC game, you play Catwoman's story arc as if it's just another chapter of the game, meaning that you switch from Batman to Catwoman after certain cut scenes.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the same for all of them. Wasn't it amazing? :)

I'm waiting for me to like forget the game before I go back and do it on the new game plus mode.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.