Battle.net - No Variety

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Couldn't they make two B.nets? One caller "Dota.Net" and one called "Battle.Net"?

M

Mini-Me

Couldn't they make two B.nets? One caller "Dota.Net" and one called "Battle.Net"?
They could, but they are too busy with WoW. :banghead:

Ambeco

Reaction score
heh, the easiest way to "bring down DotA" would be to have as many people as possible alter ALL thier DotA maps so that if someone types "DotA is stupid" then that player gets inf health or something. Then have all these people host these maps as often as possible for a full month. Then, after these have spread and spread, after the month, have as many people as possible host/play/use the new cheat. If its in lots of versions, lots of games, then lots of people may give up, because they ALSO have the cheated versions, so even if they host, DotA haters could cheat :p This however, takes waay too much organization, time, and attention. Oh! look! *wanders off*

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Doesn't part of Blizzard still work on TFT? The featured maps and patch group? :confused:

I say we beg them to do an anti-dota day. Have mods go around the custom games list, disconnecting any hosts of DotA. Also, ever notice how, when a new version of DotA is out, everybody seems to acquire it and start hosting that almost instantly? I say they share the same consciousness. We must lay siege to the DotAnite Fortress and destroy the overmind!

Z

ZehoanElpha

We must find a way to stop DOTA! When my map is done we can mass host it!

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Let's create a map called "DotA" that crashes the player's computers! And no-one will see the difference between DotA and the copy. :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
How about this:

We all help conan with his map (It's good!) and then all of us who can host host his map at once (When it's finished)

I think that would be a better plan of action. It would be helping us all :D Game after game of AWA hosted on B.net at once. That'd be fun :rolleyes:

Because conan's map is fun so far :D

Or maybe... We could do... BOTH! :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Or.

We stop talking about sabotaging a map on this site.

Yeah, that sounds like it could work!

Thank you.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
How about this:

We all help conan with his map (It's good!) and then all of us who can host host his map at once (When it's finished)

I think that would be a better plan of action. It would be helping us all :D Game after game of AWA hosted on B.net at once. That'd be fun :rolleyes:
I thought we'd already agreed that wouldnt work because nobody would join. When something is invincible on the outside, you gotta go chuck norris on the inside. Rome didn't fall just because a bunch of germans stormed into Italy.

S

Shadowslashe

My thoughts

I play on U.S. East, and Northrend occasionally, and DOTA is hosted much less on East, in my opinion. But to say there is no variation on either is falsehood; just the other day I found a cool Tremors map (if you've seen the movies, you'll know what I'm talking about) and there are always pockets of good, new maps. But what Battle.net really needs is marketable maps.

The answer to the DOTA conundrum is host other maps, alot. I hope to have a commonly-hosted map one day, and I have hosted my own maps (although I wouldn't deem them a success). Maps fill up quick, but one thing you will notice when trying to spread a map, is that at least 70% of B.net can't host. Probably more.

When I first started Warcraft III and found the map-editor (It was harder to find than the Starcraft one -_-), i was very excited about publishing a map. To my surprise, after trying to host many games, I was informed that I couldn't host. It was a long time before I realized it had a simple solution.

I propose we educate the masses about www.portforward.com and that process. It doesn't work for everyone, but it will stimulate the creativity of a lot of people.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Marketable maps alone wont do jack with the 999 games/sec of dota. We need to sabatage it somehow. But the mods are getting angry and someone should set up separate site/forum for this discussion stuff lol.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Understand this will be a long, grueling process. It won't happen all at once. We need a master plan, including both sabotage and hosting different maps, repeatedly. The summer is coming soon (I have 8 days of school left :() so more people will be out of school. We need to host sabotaged DotAs and other maps for like a day repeatedly. Never stopping.

The only way is to keep at it. Be determinded. Your anti-DotA plans won't get far if you just TALK about it.

Though, as my teacher said:

"Sucking up is good, but bribery is better!"

Just change that to:

"Flaming DotA is good, but sabotage is better" :D (Just Kidding)

As for making an anti-DotA forum, my forums are messed up because images would only show up on Firefox :( So for now I closed it. It was never active anyways, though at one time long ago it was :p

This has been the Colbert Report.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Suprisingly, there has been a noticable decrease in the number of DotAs on B.net recently. (or there was when I was last on, can't get on ATM) I've seen many hostings of really good games like Element TD, and Mafarazzo TD, Forbidden Elements, Island Defense, (and lots of other ones too, but I play TD's mostly :p ) etc.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
...doesnt that make it an even better time to sabatage dota?

Dunno, if nobody else sets up a forum, if we want one, ill set it up.

nomadian

Reaction score
All thats needed instead of boycotting dota and all that is just host other maps, maybe we should have some contest like who can gain the most people playing a non dota map. :D

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
DotA seems to be losing its fury on East. Dark Deeds 6 seems to be regaining popularity (in late 2005, it was quite popular). Tropical Tag and Island Defense seem to be gaining lots of publicity on East at the moment, as is Maze of Sliding Bunnies and Paladin TD. A week or so ago, I saw only a couple of them, and now they are rising in popularity to a nice extent where I can find a game of Island Defense 75% of the time I bring up the Custom Games List.

...DotA is still too powerful, though. We need to go Chuck Norris AND Leeroy Jenkins on them. Norris is the map half, and, if that fails, we go Jenkins on them (the "run in blindly and sabotage the website" plan).

Grozzy

Reaction score
DotA is so anoying !

I'm so tired of DotA !
I want to know who that created DotA , if i see him i would kick his ass !
or .... , did Blizzard make it ?
But , whatever i don't give a shit.¨

But one day !
DotA WILL FALL !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.