Battle.net - No Variety

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
DotA will never fall....

Simply will be replaced. It's the natural thing of Battle.net, someday it will lose popularity and people will slowly start to play other games.

We won't easily defeat DotA, but we have a bigger chance of replacing it. It all takes time.

Just never play DotA, never host DotA, spam their forums, and always host other popular games.

That's what I think :)

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Deep down inside, Blizzard hates DotA. However, they are too seduced by WoW to care about us poor TFTers. :(

We ought to someday ask Blizzard personally if they hate DotA. We will either get a completely unexpected "h*ll yeah! DotA is a major piece of-", or the usual generic reply that all game companies do, even the cool ones :rolleyes: "We remain neutral on the matter".

F

fratleyslaye

DotA isn't a bad game, I wish you would stop flaming it. . . It's obviously not bad since that many people play it, but obviously every month, maybe 20 people get bored of it, while 100 start playing it. . . It isn't stoppable as long as people still buy TFT discs and are amazed by it. The easy way to stop it from getting played is to make a better map, and stop complaining on forums that helps nothing. Yeah like Alexander stated, stop talking about "sabotaging" the site, and the map and what-not. . its pretty ridiculous. But I guess that is the life of most teenagers, hate what is better then you.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. When I log onto Northend there are usually at most 3 or 4 DotA games out of 15-20 maps. If you actually look through without jumping at every DotA game you see, you'll probably be pleasantly suprised at the reality of the matter.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading the whole thread but seriously. Everyone should stop working and make a project every single member participates in.
We would have the best terrain, spells, yata yata yata.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
If you had read through the whole thread, you may have noticed this was originally posted over a year ago. Curiously enough, it has been getting revived a large number of times throughout that period.

B

brelinnnn

Sheep Wars.

Enough Said.

That Makes Me Happy.

Now I Cannot Find A Single One.

Psh. :banghead:

U

Unregistered

Retard

Grozzy said:
I'm so tired of DotA !
I want to know who that created DotA , if i see him i would kick his ass !
or .... , did Blizzard make it ?
But , whatever i don't give a shit.¨

But one day !
DotA WILL FALL !

RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
It's official. DotA has lost a lot of fury on bnet Azeroth. It now seems to take up less than one fifth of the game list, and many of my favorite maps are rising in popularity. Still, you wonder when Icefrog is going to make another DotA. Deja vu...

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
check this out! NO DOTAS!

this image has not been edited in any form, other than downgrading the quality (hence the blurry text)

the real pic (bmp form) is 2.25mb and is to big to host

nodotasvi8.jpg

O

OmgWtfBacon

Demonfaze said:
check this out! NO DOTAS!

this image has not been edited in any form, other than downgrading the quality (hence the blurry text)

the real pic (bmp form) is 2.25mb and is to big to host
But I really don't like ANY of those games, I've overplayed almost every single one of them (Not really anime arena, but thats a useless game anyways) haven't played football or swat though.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Where did all the DotA's go? o_O Peace has returned to the earth.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
OmgWtfBacon said:
But I really don't like ANY of those games, I've overplayed almost every single one of them (Not really anime arena, but thats a useless game anyways) haven't played football or swat though.

If you read the whole thread, and how desparately people wanted to rid BNet of Dota, you wouldn't be so picky... :eek:

U

UnholyAngel

How to stop dota

Before i write this,i want you all to know i avidly play dota!
*a crowd gasps*
i also play many other game, as dota is getting boring for me
*another gasp*

Heres 1 theory of mine to get ri of dota(im all for destroying dota as long as it's replaced, cause ill just play its replacement cause it would be better) My theory is that 1 reason dota is popular is its noob friendly ON ITS OWN(if you join/hpst noob only rounds / have good teammates that help)
THe main thing in there is that there on NO custom skins/custom models. They are all easily recognizable, and you know what they are like before you even try them.
From TOB: hero
Pyrovexia(or similar name) :confused: What could it be?(it was a beetle that had spikes, made exploding beetes, had fiery locusts, and fire)

From DotA: hero
Stealth Assasin :)
(can make smokebombs, blink strike, backstab, and has perma invis)

Tell me what a Pyrovexia or whatever it is actually IS.(seriously, i still don't know)
Tell me what a stealth assasin is.......nvm i know that.

What i suggest is keep the heroes simpler, with normal models and skins(plz have different moves with different icons, but have good tooltips) Also don't try to make everything different, it makes it seem foreign(as in totally different than ur used to, in a bad way here) to me, but dota is easy to understand, navigate, and not a big change.

So, to kill dota you need to mass host a new game, with very little custom stuff(besides abilites),or at least make every hero easy to have backround info about. Hope it gets replaced, cause then i get a better game to play WOOOOOOOOO.

btw i can host, but i can't dl from sites.i host any game i like(i almost never host dota cuase i can always find one)

Demonfaze

Reaction score
that is a very good point actually.

for example, footmen frenzy is quite popular because people can already imagine strategies within minutes of their first game, using the melee heroes that everyone knows. (except for silence)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
It is the natural way of life. This get popular, and then it doesn't. Eventually it will fall, just like all the other games of the past.

ACTUALLY, this can relate to DotA itself. DotA can relate to itself :p

You see, the spawns, they war back and forth. Until eventually, one side starts to get the advantage. But, once they hit the towers, their reign of chaos faltars. Then the other team gains the lead, until they hit the towers. This happens back and forth until eventually one team loses, and the other one is the victor.

Then you host a new game and it happens all again :p

So, think of it like DotA. Nothing stays in power forever, eventually, though it may take extremely long, but it will happen. It is the way of life.

Though you cannot stop DotA yourself, one of the best ways is to speed it up is to host other games. There are many maps outr there, support one and host in continuesly.

Also mass hosts work too. Get all of your hosting friends together and mass host games. Some people made the mistake last time to host DotA, I'd suggest you remind them the purpose :p

Those are my opinions, please do not hold any of it against me.

O

OmgWtfBacon

It's true, I hardly ever see DotA on anything else other than USEast. thats where all the raging DotA fans are, I believe. :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.