Battle Report 2

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally. :D
Romek clicks on the link, and watches the battle report.

Finished. Zerg were awesome at the start. Those missiles seem really cheap.
Though it also seems that units aren't worth as much in Sc2 as they are in Wc3.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
But in Warcraft, it was about stealing creeps and making sure that a single grunt did not die. Here, we send 50 marines to their deaths while reading the morning news. The sheer masses of soldiers made me feel more powerful overall, in Starcraft. The pools of blood and plasma make me feel all warm inside.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
But in Warcraft, it was about stealing creeps and making sure that a single grunt did not die. Here, we send 50 marines to their deaths while reading the morning news. The sheer masses of soldiers made me feel more powerful overall, in Starcraft. The pools of blood and plasma make me feel all warm inside.

Aye! That's what I always liked about Starcraft. When I started Warcraft III, I was getting pwned lots of times because my Starcraft mentality xD.

Great game between the Zerg and Terran anyway, at first I though the Zerg would win.
Btw, did you guys notice that Terran won both of the Battle reports? =O

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Omg ace i love you!!!! Finally zerg yeeeeeeeesssss~~~!!

EDIT: Smith, the new terran units are too imba. + as in the original starcraft, zerg are made for what wloud appear a very small bunch of players. Not evryone is gifted with the ability to controll them. Indeed us, the zerg players are most hated, because of our dominance, but above all I must say, that the weakest race for the starter player is zerg, because they need... special way of unit controll.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
And if I recall correct, Matt Cooper played in the first mach as the protoss. (though not really sure)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> And if I recall correct, Matt Cooper played in the first mach as the protoss. (though not really sure)
Yes, he did.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
IF there were...... 2 lurckers.... the zerg wloud have won..... the lurcers wloud have hitted all of the land units at once, and they do 20 dmg. They need 5 seconds to kill the marines and about 10 to kill all marauders... alone, without any other help... Other then that good game. But I expected a bit more from the zerg player.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
IF there were...... 2 lurckers.... the zerg wloud have won..... the lurcers wloud have hitted all of the land units at once, and they do 20 dmg. They need 5 seconds to kill the marines and about 10 to kill all marauders... alone, without any other help... Other then that good game. But I expected a bit more from the zerg player.
All of that seems to assume that they were playing the original StarCraft, and that there are Lurkers in SCII (are there?). Anyway, no one said the game was balanced; these are just for testing purposes.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Either way, it seems those mines are really cheap because they work like a baneling that never misses and cost nothing. =/ I little crazy in my opinion.
The hunter seeker missile? They move slow and their splash damage affects friendly units too, so you might end up blowing up your own units if your enemy pays attention.

No more block pathing, units can actually walk until the edge of a cliff, sweet. :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> They move slow
"Slow" being about the same speed as any other unit.
Even so, making your units run leaves them vulnerable to enemy units.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Starcraft2 looks really amazing this far. I can't wait for the release:)

Good to finally see some zerg out there:D I still think that zerg are still about massing units in an efficiant way, that is just even more good news for me;)
All hail the swarm:shades:

2-P

Reaction score
> They move slow
"Slow" being about the same speed as any other unit.
Even so, making your units run leaves them vulnerable to enemy units.
*Slow for a missile. It would be silly if they were slower than any unit.
It's not about out-running the missile, it's about trying to get as close as possible to enemy units before the missile hits you.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And if there are no enemy units around? Or they're outnumbered greatly?
Then the missile will pretty much devastate just your forces.
And outrunning it isn't really an option, as it moves about the same speed as units, but ignores pathing. So it'll catch up eventually.

2-P

Reaction score
And if there are no enemy units around? Or they're outnumbered greatly?
Then the missile will pretty much devastate just your forces.
Eh... yes? There are times where an ability has to be actually beneficial for you, no?
It's the same like Psi Storm for example, the outcome differs greatly, depending on when and where you use it. That's why I wouldn't call the ability "cheap".

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't played Starcraft before, so I'm assuming all of this from a Warcraft-ish point of view. A bomb that takes out an army wouldn't be accepted there. Though I have heard units are much cheaper in Starcraft.

The guy seems to be using that missile an awful lot, which means it's obviously not very expensive. And when it's used, it pretty much wipes out an entire army.
I think it's too cheap, or too powerful.
They did say it was only added two weeks ago as well. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
The idea is that it dies out pretty fast, so the nighthawks have to get pretty close before they can be that effective. So, just kill the nighthawks, one seeker isn't worth their cost.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.