Battle Ship Xtrm

D

DemonOfNight

Well... i think every battle ships that were made by good editors are always missing something!!! like the one who made crossfire (very good one by yhr way) got nice icons, nice game but the only thing that is low in his map is the upgrades. In Battle ship PRO, all is ok exept items (long cannon, laser, others). In Battle Ship X, the song choices are nice... the trigger are nicely made BUT everything else is nothing compare to the other version. Ice Wind is good but only for the ability!!! Me, i'm good with trigger, and nothing else. So i want 3 partners to make an extrm version of battle ship All the greatest map of bship in one!!! i want 1 partner that is good to import things(icons, models, song, others), i want one who is able to make triggers for COMBINING items, another one that is good to make map, and me, ill make all thoses things and the other interesting trigger, This will, for sure be an hard projects... i need, for the 3 partners, your e-mail adress to mail the map and if people would be nice and help me, because i dont want to make a map that looks like crap sh**...

thnx for all the persons who are going to help me!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Mostly people don' t find "I want" posts/ threads attracting. I see you are one of those players who see mistakes what could be made better IF you would do it but you just don' t know how or don' t want, which one then ?
You wanted to merge three (Or more how many there are.) into one. Do you want these things all in one map ?
List of things what are in good Battle Ships:
DemonOfNight said:
Cossfire-got nice icons, over all nice game.
Battle Ship X-the song choices are nice..., the triggers are nicely made.
Ice Wind-good abilities.
to all that you want to implement these things:
DemonOfNight said:
I More Upgrades
II Balanced Items
III Merge all strenghts of these maps into one !
I even would help doing this map maybe if you can give consept of your map/ gameplay (I know how Battle Ship gameplay is but I would like to see list of ships, weapons, upgrades, merchant(s) available, jobs (Captain, Trader, etc), etc.). Don' t afraid to imagine what would be map if you would do it because I surely can do most of things what you would see there.).
So I would be JASSer,Units creater (In Object Editor), terrainer, idea generator. Most important is theme, try to come up with one (There may be many.).
I can work with this project on weekends (Maybe in late evnings too if I find time.). Waiting your response before furter actions.

D

DemonOfNight

Well.. how to say this... ok i would need only you if you would be the jasser, the unit editor(still let me do some of them) and the hard triggers maker. Then me, i would be the map maker, weapons creator, shop creator and ideas giver... I will start the map this weak, give it to you in a private message(to avoid *** editors of creators maps) so you could make the units(like the ships, you could import models, icons or skin, if your good at importing!!!) improve my triggers, make whatever u want in jass and maybe just take a look at the well done work i did!!!

Isnt this a good idea, i await your response to start the map!

EDIT: there will be 4 weps shops at everyteam base, 2 teams, bottom right and top left on the map, 2 different equipment shops(hull, sail, and others) new boats at main base, 2 different boats shop somwhere in the map, other than in the base! 3 shop at the middle, special weps, special equip and special boats... 3 line of towers to protect the middle way and like 10 towers to protect the main harbour. Many thing that are special, like painting, double kill, triple kill! Stats like (massacer''3 kills without dieing'', rampage''5 kills'', ultra kill''7 kills'' and so on!!! A project of 6 months or 1 year, depending on your forum activity.

Before writing your response, tell me your name on Battle.Net plz!
More informations will come while we are creating the map!

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Can I suggest a neat idea that came from Pheonixashes?

How about, you make players build their own ship using the items they bought. Then, when certain kinds of items are aqquired, they'll be formed into a specified ship. Like for example:

Wooden Hull + Basic Sail + Basic Cannon = Battleship (Or whatever).

It's the same as a recipe, only that the "recipe" is YOUR ship. It's a Build-a-Ship process thing, get what I mean :D?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I agree I will send you my contacts in private mail. I think we can do game "base" in some weeks (I really can work on it on weekends but I' m active forum reader.) Lets take then this thread for your all map info.
I find that recipe style very good. I' m going to PM you some ideas also.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'll also help with item/weapon creation & ship creation, I excel at item creation, sinces it's REALLY easy to think pf some items/weapons for ships. But I'll mainly put myself in the Object Editor's corner, so I usually don't mess around with anything else.

D

DemonOfNight

Very good, now we have 2 helpers, thats all what i needed finally... your idea, tanathos is really good. I really think that players will love that kind of gameplay! I'm starting the map, lets see i'm taking naga terrain, i make three lines (to get to the other side) 1 base in the top right corner and another one in the bottom left corner. the map is approxiamtly 160 by 128 (normal map size!) When i'll have finish the map at like 25% i will send the map to sooda, who will start triggering and after he will send the m ap to thanatos and after to me, and always a rotation like and always send the map in private messages or in e-mail!:D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Oky :D I had idea about weather, it' s like when wind is from south and you sail to north you get bonus move speed or when against wind you get negative move speed. Also maybe so strickt lines aren' t best idea I thought more wider sea (Ocean) where you can sail. Of course it can' t be too big. Sunken Ruins map is good placement of sea and land. So it would be interesting to sail.

D

DemonOfNight

Good idea... i have another one:
Maybe we could do something like if an empire have more kills than the other, then the empire create a bonus of cash or item because your team is good, or it can be exactly the same but for the loosing team cause they needs help... Something else:
We could make Ultimate weapons by combining 2 total destructions weapons (with recipes) and then have like 5 to 10 ultimate wepons... actually, 2 basic weapons combined would give an upgraded weapon, like flame strike + fire arrow could give flaming boulder. After, combining 2 flammingboulder could make us able to buy an Heavy weapon, like double flamming boulder! After, combining double flamming boulder with like double frost arrow, could give an elemental cannon (Total destructions wep). And, at last, for an ultimate, combining Elemental cannon with like nature cannon, would give Ultimate Element Cannon (triple shots ''fire'' ''ice'' ''nature'') and others like this

well look at this if you dont understand:

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Flamme Strike[/COLOR]( basic wep ) + [COLOR="red"]Fire Arrow[/COLOR]( basic wep ) = [COLOR="red"]Flamming Boulder[/COLOR]( upgraded wep ) / [COLOR="red"]Flamming boulder[/COLOR]( upgraded wep ) + [COLOR="red"]Flamming Boulder[/COLOR]( upgraded wep ) = [COLOR="red"]Double Flamming Boulder[/COLOR]( heavy wep ) / [COLOR="red"]Double Flamming Boulder[/COLOR]( heavy wep ) + [COLOR="Cyan"]Double Frost Arrow[/COLOR]( heavy Wep ) = [COLOR="cyan"]Elemental [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Cannon[/COLOR]( total destruction wep ) / [COLOR="Cyan"]Elemental [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Cannon[/COLOR]( total destruction wep ) + [COLOR="Lime"]Nature Cannon[/COLOR]( total destruction wep ) = [COLOR="lime"]Ultimate [/COLOR][COLOR="Cyan"]Elemental [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Cannon.[/COLOR]

Isnt it a good idea?:D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Mayabe you could create list of weapons (basic, advanced, etc.). So we know what compines to what.
Would there be ammo for cannons ? Or you can fire infinite time ? So you could carry in ship many cannons but all also need ammo. So for working weapon you need 2 slots occupied.
Crew, what when ships could carry units (crew) when you have more crew you fire faster (Depends on weapons because some weapons need more crew to operate, some again less ?
All crew units are ambioubus (how to spell it :p like naga units.) so they can swim if ship sunks.
Captains are heroes who have different abilities what can give bonuses to crew/ ships.
Your idea is good what if we try to combine them with my or is it going to micro then ?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
may I help plz?

I could help at everything but importing stuff and JASSing

So if you need me be assured I won't be far away :D

I've about two to four hours a day free for mapping (not during weekend), but some time of it I want to work on my own projects.

If I can help you just reply on pm or write a post;)

D

DemonOfNight

I dont really know... me and soona will make a good team... tanathos help us too (by now, hes just giving ideas but...). We will accept you only if sooda and thanatos accept and if you show us what u can make (send a map ''custom map'' with the things your good with (trigger, making map or units) and make a protected verson and an unprotected version too see if your able to deal with protection!:p)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
>and make a protected verson and an unprotected version too see if your able to deal with protection!
It' s just third party program what can be downloaded and used my anybody.
>If I accept
Yes, I do.
>I could help at everything but importing stuff and JASSing
I don' t get it, do you can create JASS triggers or not ?

DemonOfNight please answer to my idea:
ships will be units who can carry crew (units % heroes).
Captains are heroes, is it ok ?

I have looked your map water coming out of nowhere :eek: And what forces there would be ? Humans vs ? or mercenaries ?

EDIT: Ok nice idea with displaying names of shops with green letters. I' m redoing terrain right now (It should look good then are coming triggers.). Please let me do it. I' m sure it will add more profesionality to it. Then I will start with line triggering.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
@Sooda: I am not familiar with JASS... But I can do non-custom script triggers ;)
@DemonOfNight: hmm let me see but it will take some time, I am currently working on two projects and I'll see if I can send you one of those when it's finished
and I've finished two other map's, one in german(zergvshuman, a map where you have to destroy the enemy base with either your zerg or your human units) and one in english (a hero defense) but they only needed lesser triggers
But if you want I'll send you any of those or I make a new, small map wich is for demonstration only

and to your "protection": Check this out
so well map protection doesn't need a program (just for some kind of "protection" a hex editor, wich you can get as a trial version almost everywhere)

Hehe I think this would be how a trigger would be like that sends you the first map you would like to see
Umm if I use wrong terms that is wether because I don't know how it's spelled in English( because I'm from germany) or because they're only fiction (like a map-array variable ;) )

Event- Map Initialisation
condition-
Action-
set map[0]=Zergvshuman
set map[1]=MarscolonyEpsilon3
set map[2]=kamikazefly
set map[3]=decthedoc
set map[4]=demomap
set numofmaps=4

Event-
Player (demonofnight) sends a chat message containing "his E-mail adress" (as a part string)
condition-
Action- start lookifmaphasfinished as wiederholt timer that will expire in 43200 seconds

Event-
Map is finished
condition-
Action-
for each Integer A from 0 to numofmaps
+loop
condition- if (triggering map) = map[IntegerA]
then- set mapfinished[IntegerA] equal to true
else- do nothing

Event-
lookifmaphasfinished expires
condition-
mapsendet ungleich true
Actions-
for each Integer A from 0 to numofmaps,
+Loop
-If/then/else
condition- mapfinished[IntegerA] equal to true
mapisokfordemonofnight[IntegerA] equal to true
then- send map[IntegerA] to "his E-mail adress"
set mapsendet to true
else- do nothing

Used Variables:
mapisokfordemonofnight: wahrheitswert*array[4](true)
mapfinished: wahrheitswert*-array[4](false)
mapsent: wahrheitswert (false)
map: map-array[4] (0)
lookifmaphasfinished: timer (new timer)

D

DemonOfNight

allright... everything is ok with you!! i like your trigger ''sending maps'' it made me laught. Ho and next time, put your triggers in a code, its easier to read... maybe, you could one of the responsability of sooda, like making units!!! i dont know:p This will be like this: sooda is supposed to send the map to me today(friday ninth) and like in 4 days, ill send you the map with a part of the terrain finished..

Sooda: nice idea... this would make the game harder, to control everyhing at a time!!!
and ok, you can modify the terrain how you want, and tell me, are the wapons shops names ok? I will make some units when you will give the map back!

By the way, forces would be something like...mmhmm... axis vs allies... no its not original... maybe light or dark, human vs orcs or vs undeads... night elves vs orc or undeads... or an alliance like orc and undeads vs night elves and humans!!!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I would create 3 types of weapons: Elemental, siege and neutral
And In the shops you can only get a handful of different basic weapons wich you have to combine to get better ones

and one thing that is really important for maps (well at least I think so) is that there are no things a new player can't know and that give extra abilities to more experienced players (like hidden shop's, weapon upgrades that are hidden in your triggers, areas where the first player entering this area get's special abilities and so on) and that ships shouldn't have special abilities they don't deserve for their gold cost (so at this point battleship psycho is the worst battleship version I ever played)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Link to first pic: beach view 1
and second from anopther angle:
beach view 2
Thing to look is smoothness.
Shops names are ok. Maybe only different models so they would have one theme.
Oh yeas I now get why you hoped to get map today. It' s another way around- I can work on map when it' s weekend so 3 days from today. I try to make all terrain so smooth and basic JASS ships movement. I can work on map tomorrow more because I have to go now (Coming back late evning.).
I hope you don' t get mad. Stay cool and think soem cool things about map or hang out with friends :D

EDIT: The ugly Blizzard cliffs we are going to hide with rock doodads or something wha looks nice.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
hmm th at really reminds me of dotA..
I mean with the three main pathes, perhaps some sublinks were great...

and about the forces - how would be pirates vs the human + elve alliance?
The Pirates spawn lot's of tiny boats that have a high movespeed and attackrate, wheras the human and elve alliance use big, heavy boats with high damage

Sooda said:
I try to make all terrain so smooth and basic JASS ships movement.
I'm sorry but I didn't know that Ship movement could be made manually by JASS.... I only used the object editor's data store

well but you all know how to create the weapons?
If not, make it like this:
For each weapon you need create one copy of phenixfire, then you alter cooldown, damage, modell of projectile, missile speed and reach and the name to sth that you can remember (p.e. for a fire arrow cannon firearr)
Then you just create the Items you need and let them give the ability you before created

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I would help furthur...but the problem is that...where's the map? I need the source to work on it, like how I help other's maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.