Battle Ship Xtrm

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Looks like we can' t use QuickScore because there isn' t any way to align text correctly in rows. We have to use still Multiboard...
For multiboard (Or any core board) I need info what unit types will be counted. I think all ships could be mechanical, lets change from Game Play Constants Tauren classification name to Mechanical so we could detect Player sank ships easily. What classification crew uses ? Captains are heroes. What towers use ?

We could check unit type too but then I need to know unit type raw ids. Basically I need map to work on... Looks like every AoS map needs to use "standard" DotA layout for score display...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
we won't use towers lost, as you cannot really build towers...
Just like in DotA
With the exceptions:
You can build towers in your base
You can repair towers

So towers lost will be most probably 0 or at max 4...
Not worth counting :)

D

DemonOfNight

when sooda say towers, he mean harbour, main harbours and like youy said, the defensives tower of the empire!! Btw, ill make one right now so you can tell me what you think of it (there will be one different for each empire.) Serra, we absolutly have to create towers because if we dont, it will be too much easy to get trought the base, like you can see in the ver we have right now, even the lvl 1 noobinish boats can destroy the main harbour. So, if we dont make tower, t¸he game will be like 1-20 minutes and 30 would be a 5v5 or 6v6!!

Eh... yeah, its sure that every aos map have to be like Dota but i just have to say somthing, dota have been created after the first battle ship (where towers were placed at the same disposition as dota) and many other aos, like Xtrm candy war (created by blizzard) had this layout!! just as info.

I tought too, that in pirates of the carabean, the craken was destroying 1 boat every what day? so i made him have an extroardinary attack that kill boat in one time but it takes 2 mins between each attack. Also added a special ability that shoots tentacles every 10 seconds to the closest ships (2000 range)

I also raised the prices and reduces the starting gold ammount!!!

Greetins, Don!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> and like youy said, the defensives tower of the empire!!

I didn' t knew nothing about player build Towers on map. It is for counting these pre-placed towers between lanes/ islands.
They have to be units othewise both team AI ships get crazy. I read tutorial about createing pathing maps so we could add them to our Tower units who dosn' t have them by default.
By shorting units by classification is slightly faster (Better for older PC) than looping to find is unit type correct one. It' s one function call vs max number of ships. Makes difference.
Multiboard is also meant to be used for that kind of things.

> I tought too, that in pirates of the carabean, the craken was destroying 1 boat every what day?

I hope it is good.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Hey OF COURSE we need towers in our base. Didn't say we needn't.
But I said that ppl most probably won't build any, and don't have any at the beginnning - so "towers lost" is simply useless!
I would use "Towers destroyed".

And I think my tentakle attack is nice, too. :(
The tentakle suddenly rises from under the boat and damages it...
And that special attack I would not use... If it can kill any boat within one shot, ppl won't even try to kill it. Just evade it...
So we would loose 1 lane.
Btw, there allready is an "Battleships - new era", or so says my friend B.62 (one of the creators of Bship xfire).

And btw.... Why did you disable AI ships to atack buildings? I do not think that this is a good idea....
You want them to kill the main harbor, too.
And the smaller harbors.:)

EDIT: No AoS has to be like DoTA. I do not like DoTA....

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> If it can kill any boat within one shot, ppl won't even try to kill it.

If it can kill one AI ship then it' s ok.

> I would use "Towers destroyed".

I don' t mind.

> The tentakle suddenly rises from under the boat and damages it...

Don' t say GUI ?

> Why did you disable AI ships to atack buildings?

Gee, yes I disabled it for every World Editor on world ! Do you read posts sometimes ?

> No AoS has to be like DoTA. I do not like DoTA....

I agree, BattleShips needs to be BattleShips. Only Blizzard has one scoreboard.
I maybe try to work with that QuickScore still a bit.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> If it can kill one AI ship then it' s ok.

In that case yes.

> I don' t mind.
How shall I interprete that?

> Don' t say GUI ?

A simple "instant" - attack with the missile being a tentakle... That's what I used.

>Gee, yes I disabled it for every World Editor on world ! Do you read posts sometimes ?

Hey keep your ironic comments for yourself, not here for flaming. I just wanna know why you do want the ships to flee when they come near to a building!
But it seems as if noone but us two would really read posts. Amazing...

> I maybe try to work with that QuickScore still a bit.
Yeah try it. Keeps you away from flaming with me xD
And if you get it work, you'ld be our hero( again ;) )
Perhaps try it with the
10 - length of the string spaces or something like that?
If it works.

Be back 2mrrw...
And quite happy now ( created a function for the ext euclidian algorithm ;) )

Serra

D

DemonOfNight

>would kill 1 boat a min
1st, like you said, it'll destroy AI ships first (acting like defense when you try to kill it)
2nd, i will not remove your tentacle attack, i just said that i was going to add one!!!:nuts:
3rd, when you will try to kill the kraken, you will have to be high level, with good weps because like i said, he have fast regen (did i said it b4??). so, when you have those, you have high HP and you can resist to the Kraken.
4rth, the kraken will do your tentacle attack every 1 second!!!

>Pathing with unit is not possible
Well, i only have to start it as a building and then, change it as a unit and the pathing thing stay and it works!

>Quickscore board
Yeah, continue to work with it, and, like serra said, youll be our hero one more time!

D

DemonOfNight

While doing things on the map and testing it, i saw tons of things that were bad. First, the north base ships are 20 times more powerfull then the south ones, we have to balance it so every side is equal (things i cant do because im noob with JASS. Second, we have to spawn 3 different ships each side so it looks like more real!!! Only one kind of ship that all have the same model EACH side is like... gay??? so we have to fix that.

For you guys now, serra, when youll have finish the quickscore or the multiboard, i would like from you, to start the things with the kill. When a player die, it display (Player owner of killing unit ''in blue if he is in the team of the ally and in red if in the ennemy team'' as killed player owner of dieing unit ''in red in in the ennmy team and in blue if in the ally team''.) This is what i want to have but in JASS so, when you finish the quickscore or multiboard, start this. If you can 2, i will import the sound for the things like (multikill, megakill, doublekill, ultrakill, ownage) so you will have to make a trigger that if somwon klls 2 ennemy in less then 10 sec, the he score a double kill. If he kill 3 ennemy before dieing, its a multi, 4 = megakill, 5 = ultrakill, 6+ = owning, vice versa. This is what i would like to have from you sooda (if you can!!)

For serra, there is something i would like to fix, you will have to remove (for the merge item) the testing text displaying, like when it does that (stesting -false - false - false - true - false - false), you know, the text it displays?... second, i want you to add a special effect, the one when you get gold coins in wc3 single player game... ill show you asap... And third, the 2 last weapons that were in the shrine and the new i did does not combine... i mean, i set the 2 variables, the basics one and the doubled ones and they doesnt work!!!

Last, i have to say that i have to finish litttle things with the items and i really hope you will like my weapons idea and their description (really laughting). I introduced the upgrading trigger so sooda will have to convert it in JASS and made a tower and i made 3 upgrades for the boats (3 hulls) maybe ill make one sail speed crew... idk!!

Greetins, Don!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I know why it doesn't work :)
You'll have to increase the variable called "maxweapon" or something like that...
set it to 15, will be less eficient but ok for the moment.
And the two shiptypes are only for testing purposes, they'll be changed of course^^

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I try to get pixel lenght of string if I can get requested answers/ things i can work on it.
These Unreal Tournament sounds start to go really lame, isn' there better sounds ?

D

DemonOfNight

maybe ill try to find if there are others but if not, we should add them!!! Atleast to be more real and more funny cause its not because you hate that song that everybody hate it!!!

Thnx serra, its fixed (set it ot 24 for 24 wepons!!!)

Woah, the game is beginning to be nice and it is getting better and better!!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I have atlast found out what font is used to display messages to players. Now I can start to investigate ways to mesure pixel lenght of that font.
Right now I try to find info how to do it exactly so I could start to write JASS script for it.
It' s summer and like always I' m ideling pointlessly so everything takes 2x more time.

D

DemonOfNight

lol, as you can see, its same for me.. And now, im trying to import the wallpaper daramoth did for us but, after 2 weeks of work, i havent found how to do it... Ill continue to work.

If i see greatly how the map is going, i think the map is going to end in the winter jan-feb-march!! Dunno!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
If i see greatly how the map is going, i think the map is going to end in the winter jan-feb-march!! Dunno!

I am sure we will be NEVER done. There will be allways things to add and to fix :)

Well...
"Release early , release often" shpuld be what we should do. If we only add the basic things and all the weapons we should try to test it for the first time on Bnet with some clannies.

Then we can add our more specific and interesting specials like "crew" and such stuff.

Greets Serra!
PS:
I have 3 weeks of school yet. I won't be there allways....

D

DemonOfNight

yeah, this is what i was talking about, like adding the thing after and start to post our BETA version! it would be finish this winter, like i said!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> nice web page

Depends...

Ok, who has map ? Give progress report and what we need to do. I would like to get map or list of things what I could do. I found out that that font thing is really complicated and we should do everything else instead what we can.
Bump and lets get back on track !

D

DemonOfNight

Lol, yeah, this is really true, i was far away from here and couldnt do anything (good news btw, i was able to import the loading screen!!!) Ok, Sooda, tell me when you are ready to have the map and ill send ya the Before my update 2 (with less items and less things but with more space to work with cause the version im working on right now is full of unneeded folders!!

If the fonts thing is too complicate then we will have to make a multiboard!

We are back on track!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.