Battle Ship Xtrm

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Well this is THE essiantial 13s forum. You find there lots of Bs map creators.

Lol, I didn' t found a way to get further from that main screen >.< DoN you can send me map and add to some log what I need to do too. I think myself I do resurrection triggers and "wind" system. It' s time again to post your opinions about death penalty thing. I will read old post too about that.

D

DemonOfNight

mkay mkay, ill be fast, i just have to fix some things and i give it to ya!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Dudes, when is soon ? I don' t have much time to map anymore. When new autumn comes I have to study twice or triple hard has last year. It means I can' t spend my free time on PC. I would like to make required things as soon as possible for that map.
We need revive system, wind system, spree system. It isn' t so hard to do. It is interesting to know how map looks now.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Dudes, when is soon ? I don' t have much time to map anymore. When new autumn comes I have to study twice or triple hard has last year. It means I can' t spend my free time on PC. I would like to make required things as soon as possible for that map.
We need revive system, wind system, spree system. It isn' t so hard to do. It is interesting to know how map looks now.

Sad to hear.

Anyways, what is "spree system"?

The two other things are easy. I can do both of them with little work (you only need the transformation from karthesian to polar coordinates, so you get the angle you want to go to, then you can use a simple trigger to change heroes movespeed :). Not that difficult. And reviving is easy like hell, 3 seconds of typing! )

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
"Spree System" is that ordinary killing spree notification system what DotA uses. It of course came from stand alone game called Unreal Tournament.
Luckily there is still time. I right now learn how to do multiboard. Because if that is done and set up. We only need to add values to arrays.
I researched by trial and error leaderboard and multiboard natives and bj to see what they can do. I thought it could be useful to measure string length but there aren' t any GetItem natives :S I' m still trying ot find way.
I could do multiboard. How good JASSer Serra you was ?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Depends on what type of problem you give me.

Or do you mean how efficient I code?
I think that I code pretty efficient
Even If for my own maps I usually don't use coordinates but locations (yes I know every location needs it's free again, so needs another function )

But well there are times where it is much easier to use locations, then I prefer them.

Of cuz for the map I can use coordinates...

greets serra

D

DemonOfNight

youch, ill be done the 26Th... or after tomorrow if you want to know better!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> But well there are times where it is much easier to use locations, then I prefer them.

Like when ? Once coded you never need to do it again, I' m personally used to coordinates. My main goal is always performance because I know how it feels when your PC is too bad to play some maps what you would really like to play.
Also lower PC requirements allows more people to enjoy our map.

@ DoN

Good, I will be away from 27th 2 days but it isn' t nothing. I' m exited to see how map looks.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
My main goal is always performance because I know how it feels when your PC is too bad to play some maps what you would really like to play.
Also lower PC requirements allows more people to enjoy our map.

Doodads and Special Effects are the main perfomance-eaters in WC3, thus you should more likely remove some trees and bushes instead of trying to get the best trigger performance.

EDIT: No i did not mean that you shouldn't look on your trigger perfomance, I just think that one or two extra functions are okay.
We should not focus on the script performancce only, the graphical surface of our game might take more performance.

Anachron

Reaction score
Another battleship another creator.

I think Narval Combat will/is own(ing) everything. Still the best battleship. :)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Offtopic

Another battleship another creator.

I think Narval Combat will/is own(ing) everything. Still the best battleship. :)

Naval combat is indeed a great map. Still I think it can get pretty boring if your opponent uses the 512 armor and the 2048 (or at least 1024 ) reparation crew, You don't even damage each other anymore.

Still this map has great opporunities and will be likely to rock the Bnet, if everything get's balanced and fine.

Greets Serra

Anachron

Reaction score
I wish you luck and yes, its imba to have a 1024hp repear crew or still that much armor. In that points you can make your battleship better :).

Hope see a even better bship map from you then xD ;)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> No i did not mean that you shouldn't look on your trigger perfomance

Good, it' s logical that when you want good performance you don' t flood with doodads or other things. Examples start with Blizzard melee maps, do you see there any non-needed doodads, trees ? Everything is balanced.

D

DemonOfNight

/!\ ERROR /!\ -Walt Disney special report- /!\ ERROR /!\

due to many things happening in my life, you will have to wait 1 more week before having the map. My parents suprised me at the airport - We are no0w going to the magic castle of walt disney. When i'll be absent, continue your awaiting projects and we will be back on track one week later. May you have a very nice week.

This was a automatic message made by DemonOfNight while he was playing to wc3 world editor!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score

due to many things happening in my life, you will have to wait 1 more week before having the map. My parents suprised me at the airport - We are no0w going to the magic castle of walt disney. When i'll be absent, continue your awaiting projects and we will be back on track one week later. May you have a very nice week.

This was a automatic message made by DemonOfNight while he was playing to wc3 world editor!

Ohh, thanks....
And I hoped that at least ONCE something would happen that I did not expect :(

EDIT:

yeah, battery would make soo much attack at a time and would lagg the game havnt you think about this? ho, and, yeah, nice team spirit serra, i like you (as a helper for sure) you are really nice:D !!!

Just to come back to that "blabla too much attacks at a time -> lagg": I am currently working on a RTS map with up to 150 pf's per unit.
Today I tried with 50 pf on 3 units + 10 pf on 8 units which is a total of 230 pf and it didn't lagg a bit. (battleships RTS ;S )

EDIT2:
I found A great way to make my doubler much faster...
I only have to code it, afterwards I'll hand the function over to you

EDIT3:

My computer stopped working, thus I'll be unable to do anything for you for the next ~ 2 weeks.
Nevertheless I already made a function for doubling, dunno if it works the way it should.
Oh btw, When you want combinings, You will have to make units for combines ( The thing you buy for combining has to be a unit ). It will allows you to combine even with a full inventory - just like in Bs CF. The combiner will work just the way my doubler does, but will loop multiple times through the inventory checking for each single item...

And I made a combiner for Hull + sail and wood + crew ( works only for a total of 10 different recipes )

Greetings and may we meet in 2 weeks again, Serra

EDIT4: PROBLEM SOLVED. Code will be implemented in map as soon as I get it.

R

ragnarbr

Sounds awesome the development of your map dudes, when will there be an available beta?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
well, as long as sooda and don don't respond ( what they didn't do since july 26 ! ), It seems as if the project died.

And I won't do all myself - but there are some nice systems which I might use for my devilish projects ( like speedmod = ) )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.