AoS Battledawn - The Aeon of Legend

PsiComa

Reaction score
This is a project i started on a few months after war3 hit the stores, in which i dragged up from the dust during a small lan party. When the rest of the lan party went to play this map overand over, I realized that this project (which has consumed months after months of work) deserved to be completed fully - and polished.

And now we have begun, me and some friends of mine. It is basically an aeon style map where you basically control a hero, but quite different (what is the word...better?) than others of the genre. I will brief a about the map later as soon as I have the next version ready. (but it's more warcraft essence kept in it, on a gargantuan terrain of complex and natural look, which opens for the need of using normal units and good warcraft strategy as well as just your hero skills.)

For this I could use the help of a few more dedicated, experienced game testers to bring suggestions and comments, and to balance the new items and skills I've included since last "release". And we will have a good time battling, rest assured ;)

So I hope for a positive reply, answer here or just to my email.
Rock on.

PsiComa

Reaction score
I will write an essay about the map when i got time, but that it is of the same genre "aeon" as tides of blood, dota etc should give an idea of the concept.

still, what exactly sound awkward?

thanks for the feedback.

H

hey its X

Hmm... I applaud you. That was the best vague description ever, and thats a compliment :D so upload some screenehs :D

PsiComa

Reaction score
When I wrote the above post I thought I'd upload the map two days later. It took like 2 years...anyway! I'd present it as:

A grand map where two factions clash over an epic piece of winter terrain. Here the AOS-genre meets the good old Warcraft3, with loads of suprises and interesting items. Purchase all thinkable units from your faction (even dragons!) and every concievable strategy to destroy the enemy town and heroicly defend your own. Acquire Control Points for economic and tactical advantage. Here both macro, micro and teamplay are critical skills, as well as knowledge of the map. The depth of strategy in this map separates the boys from the men; This is not about flashy abilities, it's about rock hard strategy and challenge in an epic version of Warcraft3. Who will win? The raw strength of the Horde or the sturdy defenses of the Alliance?

Battledawn sets a foot inside the AOS category (one hero, computer controlled forces), and its goal is simple; destroy the opponents castle. The way there yields endless possibilities, and require skills far beyond just hero micro; here you'll have to brush dust of your old WC3 skills as well. The towns blend logically into the terrain, and you must overcome the opponents positions to advance on the castle (unless you go by air). Raids on enemy farms and stronghold is important to weaken their economy, while you defend your own. The gameplay has a "realistic" feel to it, and the "alternating battle engine" makes you pay attention to the tide of war and REACT rather than going by routine as in other AoS's.

Save your gold for legendary items or vast armies. Explore the land to retrieve gold and treasure, fight in the middle field of strife, tactically drop catapults on mountains, send sappers on the towers, pool money with you allies for the ultimate weapons, send fast knights to seize the control points, send dragon assaults from the sea to avoid defenses, whatever you can think of. The game is fast paced, and battles more bloody than standard war3.

Unlike other AoS's your allied computer controlled units actually helps you rather than being walking money pouches for the enemy. Your Farms and Town Halls produce gold for you, as do the gold mines at the control points. You're not stuck to the unit-spawn killing routine, you're just required to think strategy. If you injoy killing for gold, then there's lots of creeps around the land to go for.

Some heroes excel one on one, while others one AOE, while others is mobile siege. We meet old familiar heroes like the Mountain King and Paladin in addition to some new/altered ones, but all can now level to 15. Custom heroes and skills are intentionally kept at a minimum. This is the best parts of original Warcraft 3 blended together to a final, epic war.

Try out unique artifacts like the Dominie, a device that sacrifices the hero to completely eradicate everything on the screen around him. But carrying this tears on his life, and getting it into the opponent town is an epic quest on its own. Quest for Triumph, the Lich Kings floating fortress that shoots cannonballs to rain down in the general direction of your enemy, while it carries your units safely inside. Needless to say, you're up for some surprises that truly increase it's replayability. Try a new strategy every time or stick to your favorite.

Attachments

• castle and bridge.jpg
    castle and bridge.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 267
  • 1orc fortress and the trench of doom.jpg
    1orc fortress and the trench of doom.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 263
  • Battledawn beta1.2.w3x
    467.1 KB · Views: 274
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.