Battlefield 1942 LAN problems

T

twiddlyjaspe

I recently rebought Battlefield 1942 and I have been experiencing issues with trying to create my own internet or LAN games. I bought the game originally in '03 and when i created lan or internet games my friends could find them easily. However, just yesterday my friend brought his laptop over and hooked up and it didn't work. We've tried just about everything we can. We both have retail versions of the Complete Collection with legitimate CD keys. This problem happened when i made an internet game too doesn't show up for him even if he tries to connect directly to the IP of the server that i know is running 100% from my computer. I noticed our IP addresses are 1 number different for instance 100.100.2.100 and his is 100.100.1.100 and we are 9 blocks away from each other i dont know if that has anything to do with it I'm not good with computers, but any words of wisdom on this would be awesome.

X

XEON

I recently rebought Battlefield 1942 and I have been experiencing issues with trying to create my own internet or LAN games. I bought the game originally in '03 and when i created lan or internet games my friends could find them easily. However, just yesterday my friend brought his laptop over and hooked up and it didn't work. We've tried just about everything we can. We both have retail versions of the Complete Collection with legitimate CD keys. This problem happened when i made an internet game too doesn't show up for him even if he tries to connect directly to the IP of the server that i know is running 100% from my computer. I noticed our IP addresses are 1 number different for instance 100.100.2.100 and his is 100.100.1.100 and we are 9 blocks away from each other i dont know if that has anything to do with it I'm not good with computers, but any words of wisdom on this would be awesome.

Your IP Address and your mates are in two different ranges.
If you specify static IP Addresses, and want them the same they have to be in the same range ie: 100.100.1.100 and 100.100.1.101, having the third "set" as a different number / range means you won't see each other because of how IP tables work. also check that subnet is at 255.255.255.0 for static IP.

Hope this helps :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.