Battlefield: Bad Company

Rad

Played the demo awhile. I'd rent it for the single player but the multiplayer was the typical balance issues/bunnyhopping as seen in all previous battlefields.

Aside from multiplayer ranting, it was a cool game. I loved watching people run in a building to hide from your tank and just blow the build to the ground. It was cool, could be better though. You can't completely level a building but its good enough I guess.

I've gotta admit I loved driving the tank and just shooting into the town from far away randomly getting kills and seeing a body fly into the air. The demo map sucked balls though, defense was impossible against the vehicles, artillery, and helicopter. I've never won on defense, and never lost on offense... in the 9-10 games I played.

Also, if you find the kit with that gun that shoots a laser tracker thing (forget what its called, and what class it was for), what it does is when an ally shoots a rocket the rocket will track the laser beacon. At least thats what my friend said. I played it for a couple hours before getting tired of everyone using the shotgun which was overpowered during the demo. I was able to kill people 10ft away in one shot if I was lucky, usually that distance took two but still thats incredible because it shoots really fast.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
I played over 20+ games and after I got the hang of it, I could win on both teams. Artillery is not used pased the first gold crates. There are also less tank spawns after first gold crate. Tanks are easily destroied with a well placed mortar strike from the support class or a nicely aimed rocket. There are also plenty of base defense to anti-tank / vehicle. :)

Cheesy

some fucker
Battlefield Bad Company = Great game.

Sadly I haven't played it yet because my older brother won't get off the X-Box.. (He got it for his B-Day a couple of days ago.) He's already beaten it twice though. The 2 best things about bad company though, is the fully destructible battlefield, and the hilarious lines they have. I crap up all the time when he's playing it.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
I got the demo and so far it seems nice enough. Not tried the multiplayer yet though.
I haven't played any of the Battlefield games before this one, so of course, for me I'll end up comparing it to Call of Duty 4 :rolleyes:

The destructable scenery is a nice touch, but after a while it doesn't seem so snazzy due to the restricted style it has.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    We did!
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The old shoutbox wasn't supported anymore. We updated xenForo, so it had to be replaced.
  • jonas jonas:
    let's see if everyone finds it... the nice thing about the shoutbox was I could check on it even while logged out, but the existence of this one is hidden when you're not logged in
  • Ghan Ghan:
    We can fix that.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Chat should show on the sidebar when not logged in now.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (You'll still need to log in to post messages)
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop