Beam slide help

brainless

Reaction score
I have made the beam slide with every 0.01 game time creating unit with polar offset, but I've found out that this method does not work well with different terrain height in the map. For example, the unit created for the beam will run out of position and will not line up in straight line when shoot up or down a cliff. Any solution?​

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I didn't understand much, but I think you should turn the collision of that unit off, to enable moving through cliffs.
Maybe turn it off on the beginning of the trigger and then on again when the slide ends.

brainless

Reaction score
I was thinking the same but is there a way to turn off the collision of a unit that has yet to be created?

brainless

Reaction score
You can create it at different location and then move unit.
Just tried it. It didn't work :(. So even turning off the collision won't help it. Maybe if there is a way to check the different in height of the ground at position of created unit and the height of location we move the unit to. Then we can move the unit to that location with different height on different ground for each unit to line up together in line.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
have you tried lowering the collision size of the units in the object editor?

brainless

Reaction score
Flying unit will still be affected by the terrain's height. For example, a sapphiron at higher ground will still be higher than the sapphiron at the lower ground. Their height = flying height + terrain height.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
can you link the map, I am still not sure what you want, from what I gather you want 1 object to move around the map and spawn a line of objects behind it as it moves? However the spawned units are moving around after they are created?

brainless

Reaction score
I got the solution already! By getting the height different in the terrain with GetLocationZ i found it somewhere on the net. Thx guys.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
For those who are still not sure, when he created many dummies in a series of a line, when the line crosses a cliff, half of the dummies look elevated while the other half are not, making the line looks weird. Z value is the key to the problem. But it's kinda tedious, at least to me. Alternatively, you can use lightning effect instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.