Final-3.jpg

ScreenShots:
blah-1.jpg
aaa-2.jpg
BY: Sephiroth_VII
aka Daniel Manion
aka Newbwc3​

Animations:
Stand, Walk, Attack-1, Attack-2, Attack-3, Spell Channel, Spell, Spell Slam, Death, Decay flesh, Decay Bones, Portrait, Portrait Talk.

Attachment Points:
head, overhead, origin, chest, left hand, right hand, left foot, right foot.

Suggested Object Editor Info:
Unit Base Tauren
Cast Point 0.850
Run Speed 310
Death Time 3
Scaling 1.5
Selection Scale 3.30
Attack One Damage Point 0.600
Movement Speed Base 300
Turn Rate 0.10
Collision Size 120
Unit Sound Set Tuskarr

Animations, attachment points, particles, the model itself, everythings completely from scratch. Uses in-game textures.

:rolleyes:Do NOT modify or redistribute this model in any way:rolleyes:
Give Credit to Sephiroth_VII​

Its a nice boss type model to use in any map! I will fine tune the animations for v1.2 later.

Comments, Criticism, Suggestions?
enjoy:thup:

Attachments

• BEAST v1.1.zip
    38 KB · Views: 669
  • Beast Model V1.1.w3x
    93.7 KB · Views: 495

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Why is his back on fire? And his 2 front legs have bad skin wrap... :(

Otherwise, Great model!

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You guys, he had to work with ingame textures :rolleyes:

And pretty cool, but what happened to the chain and ball? :(

And the anims look really weird, he pauses after movement and stuff. But all in all it is a pretty sweet model. :)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
He has fire on his back and eyes cause supposidly hes a demon. The chain and ball, I didn't really know if you guys liked it so I didn't add it in. I guess I will now.

The reason he pauses in anims, I dunno. Might be because I set alot of the anims on nonlooping. I'll look into it.

And the wrap, heh, got lazy with it. I thought it looked ok with the UV all messed up like that on the fur. give it some texture lol. Whats wrong with the head? The top part of it I know is screw'd. But I try and try and I cant get the top part of the head to look right.. Maybe a custom texture is in order? Its only 88kb, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have one. If you could find a good texture for me that'd be nice. I'm not a texture expert, as you can tell.

What about the pariticles? They look very different in game than in magos..Can't see the black flakes in magos. Are they good?

If you want I could make black and red demon flames without flakes.. I just liked the flakes..

This is why I put it up here before the hive, so I can perfect it. :)

Daskunk

Reaction score
He has fire on his back and eyes cause supposidly hes a demon.
I think it would look better with the fire bigger (not small rapid particles) and spread more evenly not just a big clump on the back there and come from lower, not be on top of him... This is going by the pic though. :)

And the wrap, heh, got lazy with it.
Well I hope to see it done better later. :)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Important Object Editor Info:
Unit Base Tauren
Cast Point 0.850
Run Speed 310
Death Time 3
Scaling 1.5
Selection Scale 3.30
Attack One Damage Point 0.600
Movement Speed Base 300
Turn Rate 0.10
Collision Size 120
Unit Sound Set Tuskarr
Why did you put this stuff? We can set the object editor to anything that fits into our map... These specifications mean absolutely nothing.

It's a great model when used, IMO.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Them info's like anim cast point, attack 1 damage point and death time, would be the same on anymap. The animation of my death is exactly 3 secs long. So you would need to know that.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Ok for those ones, but things like...
  • Scaling 1.5
  • Run Speed 310
  • Unit Sound Set Tuskarr
  • Movement Speed Base 300
  • Unit Base Tauren
Could be adjusted for every map this is used in.

Especially Unit Base Tauren... It makes exactly no difference what unit it's based on, why did you specify this?

Daskunk

Reaction score
Why did you put this stuff? We can set the object editor to anything that fits into our map... These specifications mean absolutely nothing.
Thats not true, for some models things like that is very helpfull, in order to make it look right.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
V1.1 Update

Well, Tinki I was never really done with this its still a WIP. I just updated it I added the Ball and chain wich he only uses in his rare 3 attack. I also modified the crap out of the particles. They only have a life span of one second now with below 50 gravity, model space unchecked. So they leave a trail behind him when you move him around.. I think it cool.

I will post more screenies soon. I'm going into Warcraft right now to get some.
Anyway I'll probably update it once or twice more. Tell me what you think of it in its current state, and what needs to be changed, that would help alot. Thx.:)

Also note that particles look very diffrent in magos then they actually do In-game, so I suggest that you just test it in-game. I wish particles looked exactly the same in magos and Warcraft, but they do not.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Looks sweet. I viewed it in Magos and everything looks nice. The only weird thing is that the legs are kind of immobile in attack 3 but great job overall!

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
screenies up. Looks best at night, where all the crappy texture isn't so noticible:D and the red look better with the darkness. See what I mean by particles looking diffrent in-game than magos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.