Because i can and it's free! (unprotected DotA v6.42)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Triggers can make it so that it doesn't bug. And there are also custom-effects. Like many of the damage over times are triggered so they have different/changing intervals, instead of just 1 second that's set down.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
1 solution, learn jass.

You make it sound so easy--it's like learning another language, and I honestly have no direct desire to learn JASS, I was just hoping I could learn how they make some of the abilities--bummer for me.

@TheDamien

Thanks a bunch of the indepth answering of my many questions. :)

P.S: As you can see, I have an intimidating 12 posts, and I am new to triggers(esp. JASS), and am only intermediate with the object editor. Mind translating the "code languages". I know JASS is the programming code integrated into everything. I believe GUI is the trigger editor, without using JASS.. What is MUI?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
MUI is multi-unit instanceable

In other words, can many units cast a spell at the same time? If only one unit in the game can cast a spell without it messing up, it's not MUI.

Often, waits make spells non-MUI, or global variables without arrays.

You would do well to make a thread of your own, and post your questions. Some people could potentially be annoyed by thread-hijacking. I dont know if this falls under that category.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
You make it sound so easy--it's like learning another language, and I honestly have no direct desire to learn JASS, I was just hoping I could learn how they make some of the abilities--bummer for me.

ive only been using the WE for a month and been triggering for half that time, and im learning jass. i honestly thought as you did,i thought "jass is so hard to learn i dont understand a thing!" but the basic are actually really simple. you have to make a commitment. if you think about it its as easy as GUI (well not really since i still gotta learn about a shitload of stuff, making things mui/mpi, constants (>.>), difference between privates and so forth. i actully heard the earlier you start the easier it is to learn jass.

and its not like learning a lot of language cuz it mainly uses basic english. GetTriggeringTrigger. its the same as it would have been if you said it in english xcept w/o the spaces. (not true with everything though, like GetEnumUnit would be Picked Unit, but not hard to remember)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
You would do well to make a thread of your own, and post your questions. Some people could potentially be annoyed by thread-hijacking. I dont know if this falls under that category.

Oh, I see.. Thank you for that, I'll be sure to be more careful--sorry to be off subject everybody. :)

Reaction score

The original poster has essentially run some deprotector on an old DotA map and then packaged the entire thing into a zip. Does it really matter if some new user steers a thread like this in a better direction?

It is not difficult to learn a simple scripting language like Jass, but if you have no need for it then you will not be motivated to learn and use it (although you inevitably will learn it if you stay interested in mapping for long enough).

P.S: As you can see, I have an intimidating 12 posts, and I am new to triggers(esp. JASS), and am only intermediate with the object editor. Mind translating the "code languages". I know JASS is the programming code integrated into everything. I believe GUI is the trigger editor, without using JASS.. What is MUI?

The trigger editor GUI is a basic interface (Guided User Interface) for generating simple Jass scripts. MUI stands for multi-unit instanceability, which basically means that multiple units will able to cast a spell/activate some effect/do something/etc without it interfering (undesirably) with other instances of that trigger/spell/action. This isn't a very precise definition, but you'll see what I mean in practice.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
added a link to get this since apparently it is popular on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.