Been Here for 5 Years - Ask Me Anything

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Today, it's been 5 years since I first registered here and I thought I'd not only make a thread saying that, but a medium for people to ask me questions - I'm retired and don't post here often, so it's my only way to be more interactive with the community here.

I know leaving/celebration/etc. threads are not allowed and a lot of you don't remember me anyway, so, moderators, feel free to close this thread if it violates the rules somehow. And sorry for the reddit-ish title plus feel free to ignore this thread completely.

Your favourite Pandaren,

Andrewgosu

197152_162662303791467_100001430948774_392998_2431779_n.jpg

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Aha! I've been registered 3 weeks more than you! :p
Well, technically I joined here in February of that year, but there was some sort of database crash and all new members from that year were wiped out. But that's way off point.

Question then: Why are you "retired"?

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Few more months for my 5th TH-birthday. Feeling old, Andrew? :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Why did you retire, do you plan on comming back ?

It has been a while indeed.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
How are you? What you up to?

How are you? (Watched Quite Interesting the other day and learned that the correct answer to "how do you do?" is "how do you do?":))

Well, actually I'm absolutely fine but a little bit more busy as I'm usually because of oncoming exams - first year of medical school is almost over!

Aha! I've been registered 3 weeks more than you!

Question then: Why are you "retired"?

Indeed, and I do remember you.

As for the retired part, I think I stopped regularly posting here over a year ago because I started to graduate from high school, Warcraft 3 was losing its popularity and Starcraft 2 was coming out. I have yet to find momentum to tie myself again with a online community (thehelper.net is actually the only one where I have more than 10 posts on boards).

Few more monthsfor my 5th TH-birthday. Feeling old, Andrew? :)

I guess, yes! I still remember my first posts which were so immature and improperly written and etc. If I remember correctly, the first one to answer to my first post was the AceHart himself.

Do you plan on comming back ?

Technically I'm still here because I haven't left. I guess I'll be back when thehelper.net opens its own medical subforum and I have a M.D. degree. :)

However, I'm secretly waiting for the Zerg and Protoss expansions and for the Starcraft 2 map editor to evolve a bit - maybe I'll get a new computer some day and start mapping in Starcraft 2.

What's the most embarrassing moment you ever had?

Hah, I guess I haven't got a solid answer prepared for you. But I recall a few years back when a friend of mine asked me if I liked a girl... while the same girl was sitting right beside me (we had mutual feelings, but we didn't know it when my friend asked). Let me just say the whole school day was really awkward then. :p

6 years here.

Miss you ole' fella :)

Yeah, I cannot compete with the old fellas here, but I try!

It's nice that a lot of people from "my era" are still active.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me feel young....
The Helper will be here. Stop by anytime. :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We may have to change the rules of no medical questions if you were here ;)

Good to see your still here, man.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Question: What does it feel like to be a veteran of TheHelper? And what community event will it (or they) makes you wanted to come back here again, if in the future something good happens?

I'm just 1 year younger than you.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Tom, way to make it so serious, :3
He said he'd be back for a medical subforum or discussions.

Pandas are awesome, no?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Have you ever murdered someone?
Do you have a drivers license?
Have you ever stolen anything?
Do you have a terminal disease?
What is your mothers name?

What, I though I could ask anything :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This means it was my 5 year anniversary too. :D

It's nice to see you around a bit again though, and that everything's going well. Hopefully you start being active again. :)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. May 2006 Crash crew. :D

Where does your love for pandas come from? kk

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Question: What does it feel like to be a veteran of TheHelper? And what community event will it (or they) makes you wanted to come back here again, if in the future something good happens?

I guess it feels nice, but it's something not that special - I'm still the same person I was five years ago (maybe a little bit more mature, I hope). But sometimes I really miss the times 3-4 years ago, when Warcraft 3 was blooming and new tutorials, snippets etc. were written daily - it was quite the sight (yeah, my Warcraft 3 background kicked in). Plus it felt great helping people.

I'm not sure there has to be an event of some sort for me to return, lets just see what the future brings.:p

Pandas are awesome, no?

Pandaren love!

Glad to see you stop by!

How's it going? ;)

Have you ever murdered someone?
Do you have a drivers license?
Have you ever stolen anything?
Do you have a terminal disease?
What is your mothers name?

No, I haven't murdered anyone.
No, I don't have a drivers licence because I live in a place where everything is within walking distance! (plus owning a car is rather expensive with the gas costs anyway)
Yes, I have stolen stuff but I guess taking empty glasses with me when I'm drunk doesn't really do any harm to anyone.:D
I certainly hope I don't have one.
My mother's name is Terje.

This means it was my 5 year anniversary too. :D

It's nice to see you around a bit again though, and that everything's going well. Hopefully you start being active again. :)

Congratulations! Yeah, it's nice to see you still active! I'll try my best.

Where does your love for pandas come from?

I loved to play Footmen Frenzy (AR 4.2 and 5.4) and every time I got the Pandaren Brewmaster... lets just say some heads rolled.:D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Andrewgosu Ask Me Anything thread! For great Justice and History!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.