Report Bees Can Count and Speak Foreign Languages

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
"Study demonstrates honeybees are capable of counting up to four"

A recent study proved that trained honeybees can count up to four landmarks in order to get to the food they were provided. Adding to that number caused them to lose count and reach different destinations.

It has been long known that bees (Apis Mellifera) are capable of remarkable things, perhaps more than other insects with a complex social life. They show signs of symmetry understanding, and they can use symbolic language (like their waggle dance) in order to "explain" the distance to and location of the pollen sources. The latest tests suggest that they are also able to communicate with other species, as well as to count, although not too far.

------

It could challenge Descartes' idea! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Oh yeh? Well I go pee pee standing up!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh...isn't that normal, the standing up position when a male goes to use the restroom?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was under the impression they could speak English. Damn that man and his movie....

Uh...isn't that normal, the standing up position when a male goes to use the restroom?

Uhh... no. Is that what you do? Why would you stand up when you can sit down? Fucking weirdos....

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wth? Seriously... who stands up to pee?
Wow...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh... no. Is that what you do? Why would you stand up when you can sit down? Fucking weirdos....

No... I just have this habit of picturing whatever people just said... Never mind about me. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.