Behavior Ability Working, command card not.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Ok, so i have a passive ability, on hit attack ability dealing damage per second, and im having issues with buttons, first the button was clickable, and would dissapear completely when clicked. Then i changed it to a passive button attached directly to the behavior... it worked perfectly, but requirements do not appear to work with this to disable the button. So i switched it back to a button attached to an ability, and now it does not appear at all but the ability still works... Can someone help me out with what is going on?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to attach the button to the command card by setting the Command Type to Passive and setting the Requirements field to the requirements of the behaviour. The requirements linked directly to the behaviour will not affect the requirements shown on the button, you have to link the requirements directly with the button in the units command card.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i did link them directly to the requirements in the command card, but the button did not disappear when the behavior was not available, it simply grayed out, and according to sc2 mapster show requirements do not work on command card buttons, only use requirements, so a requirement cant be used to hide/show a button, only disable/enable it.

But now the primary issue with it is that a regular behavior ability wont work, im not meaning a passive button attached to a behavior, that i understand but it cant do what i want... im meaning the ability "Behavior" type wont work with a button

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It's weird that show requirements are not working for your passive buttons. I tried making a custom show requirement and adding it to the Permanently Cloaked (Observer) button that is in the observer's command card. It works fine.

I think the problem you had where the button used to disappear is that you didn't set the ability commands properly. Normally, you just go into the ability's Ability: Commands + field and set it on the execute command. For Behavior abilities, there's two commands. One for turning it on and one for turning it off. You need to give both of them a button. I also think you have to add both buttons on top of each other and you probably also have to make a requirement to hide/show the correct one.

GFreak45

Reaction score
It was actually a passive type button, not linked to an ability but a behavior, that is when show requirements dont work, as confirmed by sc2mapster.com. Show requirements will work on ability buttons, but not actual passives linked directly to a behavior.

Siretu

Reaction score
It was actually a passive type button, not linked to an ability but a behavior, that is when show requirements dont work, as confirmed by sc2mapster.com. Show requirements will work on ability buttons, but not actual passives linked directly to a behavior.

What do you mean with "actual passive linked directly to a behavior"? Because it sounds like the "Permanently Cloaked (Observer)" uses exactly that but it has no behavior linked. And as I said, hiding the passive "Permanently Cloaked (Observer)" button with a show requirement is possible.

Now, the problem with this is that if you specify a behavior field, it doesn't seem to work properly. The requirement still works, but the behavior is never given, even if you don't have a requirement.

So if you want a passive button that you can hide and show for a behavior, I would suggest that you use the command type "Passive" on the command card but without specifying the behavior in that field. Instead you put it in the Behavior: Behaviors + field.

GFreak45

Reaction score
oh then that makes sense, it must just not work when you have an actual behavior attached to it, because that was my issue, I will definately test this out. thanks a bunch siretu

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
So if you want a passive button that you can hide and show for a behavior, I would suggest that you use the command type "Passive" on the command card but without specifying the behavior in that field. Instead you put it in the Behavior: Behaviors + field.
Wait, isn't that the way you are supposed to do it? So you can actually not add the behaviour to the Behaviour: Behaviours +[/i] property but instead just link it via the Behaviour field on the command card? I always wondered what the point of that field was.

Siretu

Reaction score
Same here. I'm not sure if I'm using the behavior field on the command card wrong, or if it's just bugged. Both explanations sounds equally probable.

GFreak45

Reaction score
Well if you have a passive button that has a behavior attached to it, if you have that behavior the button appears as normal and does nothing but hold a place, however, if you do not have that behavior on the unit, the button is grayed out, so that appears to be the disabling factor, but I assume if you have a requirement on that button and no behavior (say, the behavior is available?) then it should show/hide it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.