Best Floating Text

Best floating text?

• Total voters

TomTTT

Reaction score
Best floating text?
So I made a map I'm really happy about, but the problem is that I made many floating texts,
1. Damage
2. XP gained per kill
3. Combo
4. Special stuff notification (from time to time)
And I noticed that in the kill, which occurs pretty fast, lots and lots of text appear, too much, and in case you also reach a good combo there's also the floating text writing what buff you just got... For me it's too much :D
So I was wondering, What do you think is important? Should I delete something? Should I change them somehow?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
If it was me, I'd leave out the damage and XP gained per kill, unless it's critical. The damage or experience gained isn't really important IMO, since damage can be roughly estimated from hero's attack damage/spell descriptions and experience gained can be monitored from the experience bar. I'd add criticals though, in case the damage is triggered.

TomTTT

Reaction score
If it was me, I'd leave out the damage and XP gained per kill, unless it's critical. The damage or experience gained isn't really important IMO, since damage can be roughly estimated from hero's attack damage/spell descriptions and experience gained can be monitored from the experience bar. I'd add criticals though, in case the damage is triggered.

Yeah I have been thinking about removing the damage thing. Criticals isn't something I put or triggered. Tho the combo isn't something I was really counting on, because I'm not sure my system is really good (By system, I mean the growing floating text).

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Remove all of them apart from Combo. Special notifications show just be done through Game - Display.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Remove XP gained for sure, unless it is bonus XP from a combo or something. A damage display is not necessary, unless it is a critical strike. I prefer damage display, but I know some people don't like it. So for my map I simply made it an option to turn on/off. All it takes is a simple boolean condition check.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
What if you made them each float in a different direction with a different color? Would that make things clearer?

I'd say XP is unnecessary, and damage is nice but less essential than interface-type notifications such as "combo" and other information.

DioD

Reaction score
you see damage on unit command cart any time, you dont need additional display...

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
depending on your map type.

if it's RPG the best FT : using xp FT and damage FT;
if it's Battle arena or Hero Defe the best FT : using combo FT;
etc, etc, etc...

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well thank you all for posting, I've seen not many liked damage display, so I'll remove it, Combo I'll leave as it is, and special notifications I mean like when you reach a combo, it says above you "Extra Damage" or something like that. So notifiaction and combo i'll leave and the rest are out. Sounds good? :p

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Well thank you all for posting, I've seen not many liked damage display, so I'll remove it, Combo I'll leave as it is, and special notifications I mean like when you reach a combo, it says above you "Extra Damage" or something like that. So notifiaction and combo i'll leave and the rest are out. Sounds good? :p

Oh that's what a special notification is. That would do fine. Too many floating texts can get annoying (Trolls & Elves).

ijal razi

Reaction score
i have some

this some floating text with DMG death with special effect and name of ability

Attachments

• ToraxXxCombatTextSystems.w3x
    36.5 KB · Views: 114
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.