Best Map in Warcraft III

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I couldn't really make a poll because there are so many map choices, but what is the best Warcraft III Map? (and dont just say DOTA, that game is so overplayed/hosted)

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Risk Revo, the old vampirisms from back in the summer (version 9.6 i think it was) and Genesis of Empires

L

LilSniper

First of all, we shouldn't be comparing because there are so many different genres of maps, but if you insist...

1. Icewind. A naval Aeon of Strife, similar to Battle Ships, but with more customization and balance.
2. Defense of the Ancients. Note: I don't even play DotA but it is clearly one of the most well-made maps out there.
3. Element TD. Personally, I think it's one of the most balanced and fun Tower Defenses ever created (yeah, it's up there with Burbenog balance-wise)

New U.S. said:
Risk Revo
I really enjoy this game, but it is no where near the "best" map in my opinion.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
As far as survival maps go, I'm a huge fan of Dawn of the dead. It kinda got messed up when PreVIO tried to continue it with 5.2, but nonetheless it is still a good survival map.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well since my favourite Genre is RPG I guess I should put the one I consider best...
That would be Isles at War. It's simply amazing, a must if you are a RPG fan.

Corleone

Reaction score
Well, here's my list:

1) DotA : Simply amazing game. Every game's different, it's well balanced ( only a few gimp heroes ). It is overplayed online though.
2) GoFish! : Loved the map. Quite simple, yet fun.
3) Blizzard Tower Defense : It's just cool, and I even learnt a lot from the triggers.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I really like Genesis of Empires II, and talking about survival games NOTD Aftermath best one ever!

A

Atreides

Genesis of Empires I or II and Heroes and Empires...all amazing maps, some of the makers the same I think, but amazingly done and pretty fun nonetheless.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Night of the Dead Aftermath 1.5 FTW
Dawn of the Dead

T]i[T]a[N

Reaction score
wow this is hard... although not many people play it because they dont even give it a chance, I think that The WorldCup of Warcraft is the best wc3 map!
Call me crazy but its fun! :nuts:

Tonks

Reaction score
I don't really understand the criteria. Everyone seems to be responding to a different question.
Are we talking about the best made wc3 map, or the most fun, or the neatest..?

Best made in my opinion is Hero Wars Ultimate.
Most fun is Sheep Tag: (CUSTOM ROC) (swap, rb)
Neatest is Uther Party ^^

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I dont really know how to explain, just the best map..........because of the way it was made, how much fun it is, I dont know its pretty general.....I just like to unearth good maps that are not played much and melee maps can be included. (TFT or RoC Maps)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Any long but fun RPG maps, Freaking Hard Survival maps, and balanced AoS maps.

RPG:

-Most RPGs allow you to save your hero so you don't have to restart and kill creeps over and over, saves time.

-Large Hero selections and Spells are what usually get me playing, if they're good then I'll play for a little longer.

Survival:

-You're mostly placed in a defensive position of the map, defending yourself from hordes of monsters of some sort.

AoS:

-Usually have good and balanced heroes (Unlike DotA Allstars :rolleyes:).

-Have a large variety of Items to purchase and to use at your disposal.

-AoS games usually get A LOT easier if you have a higher level hero, allowing you to push back your waves of foes of any depending on tech level and hero level.

-AoS games usually have 3 sides to defend and have at least 10 players, allowing 5 to be on one side and the other 5 on the other. DotA and DoD (Day of Destiny) have 12 slots.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.