Best moment?

manofsteel

Reaction score
What's your best moment in wow that you remember? Could be a boss dropp, something with the guild that you thought where fun, anything.

My best moment where when me and two of my mates where playing arena(warrior,hunter and rouge(me)), my friend the warrior got disconnected when me and the hunter entered the arena our enemies was three warriors. My friend the hunter died in 10 seconds and he had damaged one of the warriors for half of it's life, and then in some way I managed to kill all of the warriors on my own. They where n00bs and bad geared but they should have killed me.

So what's your best moment in WoW?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Level 29, WSG.
I'm a priest. Ran right in, shielded, grabbed flag, scored. Wasn't attacked. I was like "WTF HAX LOLOLOL" We lost. :(

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Back in the beginning of TBC, the first time I solo'd the 2v2 arena with my mage. That feeling, well that beats everything else in the game world.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Arathi Basin for me, was on my Paladin in healing offspec gear. For 2-3 straight ABs, there was a group of Alliance stripped of gear and walking to each base then leaving shortly after. Of course, Horde won each of them. Shortly after those, I did once again, another Arathi Basin. This time, we fought against a full group of Alliance AFKers, possibly only after the mark.

The other best moment was when Gruul slapped this priest in the raid across the face for about 32,000 damage (Non-crush or crit) after around 15 Growths.

1badbrotha

Lvl 70 Warrior Spirestone one Shoted an afk lvl 70 mage after Build up and Camp him for 2 more kills

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I started the game.

Undead Warlock level 1, in the Undead starting little town. I found it all so great! I saw a tauren level 19 I think and I thought "Dude this guy is sooo powerful".

Anyhow, was funny. :p And I very, very liked the Undead starting zone. I always found it to be the best of all the 8 starting zones.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Ummm, when I topped the healing meters in my guild's first Naj'entus kill.. as a paladin >.> I was proud of myself.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
There was a raid in process when I first played WoW. It was awesome.

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
My best moment was definitely when i got 2 epic items that sold for around 400g each off two consecutive kills from one battle in Blades Edge, against the nether guys

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Probably this:
(Click on the images for full view)

It happened when I was walking out of Org with my bud, I blinked and suddenly found myself underground. This wasn't on a private server, and no hacks were involved. I simply just blinked and it glitched..

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably this:
(Click on the images for full view)

It happened when I was walking out of Org with my bud, I blinked and suddenly found myself underground. This wasn't on a private server, and no hacks were involved. I simply just blinked and it glitched..

Nice glitch :p I haven't ever seen anything like that happen on WoW. Did it happen to your friend aswell?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
When the following happened...

NoobDruid.jpg

I'm the guy who got Moonfire'd. The druid? She was in Tier 6 gear, I was just toying around in my spell damage gear at Halaa. Got a name change from Arcanuis to Anarchy.

WSG52ChainhealStar.jpg

This Warsong Gultch #52 lasted about 4 hours and a half but didn't open... but we did manage to get a Chain Heal star! Sadly it got closed after a while.

WTFCrit3836.jpg

I felt so proud when I did this... I was buffed with Vengeance (Was still growing to 3), used Bloodlust Brooch, popped Avenging Wrath, got the Berserk buff at the Stables, and got my Greater Might dispelled (Damn Warlocks and their Fel Puppies). She was recieving heals (notice she got bubble'd) and probably fell over her chair when she saw those crits hit her big time... she didn't release for a while. Guess clothies shouldn't under-estimate the power of 'retlol'. This was back in Season 1, and my gear was just terribad (3/5 Crusader's, 1/5 Gladiator's).

Y

yabyab

The best moment I had was when I was traveling with friends. We were all level 22. Hunter, Paladin and Rogue. We see a Skull Dwarf Priest on a level 60 mount(back when level 60 was the maximum). The Dwarf Priest jumps of his mount dotting us all and running in circles VERY confident that we're going to die. Wrong.

We are aggressive by nature and never die without a fight. I instantly started healing my mates(I was the Paladin. The dot was doing CRAZY damage, it was tight). The rogue and Hunter+Pet started to hit him. The Dwarf was still running and jumping as if everything is done and we're dead. He realized that, we were still alive and beating the crap out of him. I can't remember if I was able to dispell his DOTs but he paniced. His mistake was he tried to nuke us instead, wrong move. Kick + Blood Elf Racials(we were all blood elves). Most of our attacks missed but he was definitely stunned once at some point. When he was starting to heal himself is when he changed from "I'm going to kill them" confident to "Shit, I'm going to die.". With Silence(racial ability), Kick, Stun, Pet and Rogue hitting on him? hah... wasn't possible.

He died. We laughed.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
The best moment I had was when I was traveling with friends. We were all level 22. Hunter, Paladin and Rogue. We see a Skull Dwarf Priest on a level 60 mount(back when level 60 was the maximum). The Dwarf Priest jumps of his mount dotting us all and running in circles VERY confident that we're going to die. Wrong.

We are aggressive by nature and never die without a fight. I instantly started healing my mates(I was the Paladin. The dot was doing CRAZY damage, it was tight). The rogue and Hunter+Pet started to hit him. The Dwarf was still running and jumping as if everything is done and we're dead. He realized that, we were still alive and beating the crap out of him. I can't remember if I was able to dispell his DOTs but he paniced. His mistake was he tried to nuke us instead, wrong move. Kick + Blood Elf Racials(we were all blood elves). Most of our attacks missed but he was definitely stunned once at some point. When he was starting to heal himself is when he changed from "I'm going to kill them" confident to "Shit, I'm going to die.". With Silence(racial ability), Kick, Stun, Pet and Rogue hitting on him? hah... wasn't possible.

He died. We laughed.

If this was back in the day when level 60 was the max, how did you get blood elves?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
When I started the game.

Undead Warlock level 1, in the Undead starting little town. I found it all so great! I saw a tauren level 19 I think and I thought "Dude this guy is sooo powerful".

Anyhow, was funny. :p And I very, very liked the Undead starting zone. I always found it to be the best of all the 8 starting zones.

Agreed, a week after I started playing (a week after the game was released :p) I saw level 40 on a mount in ORG and I was simply amazed. :)

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Alright... I have three...

First when I quit WoW for a couple months after being 4/9 in Black Temple, and then when I came back, we were full clear... killed Doomwalker, and I led the DPS by 1.7%, even though I was substantially under-geared compared to everybody else (nobody died, either, it was just skills, I guess.. I am an Affliction Lock, so that's that). Then, Najentus, 1.2%. Gear isn't everything!

When with my lock I charged the Lumber Mill alone and ran into a rogue, a paladin and a warrior... a proper use of fears, dots and reinforcements saw me killing all three, capping and surviving the bout.

Finding a level 70 Shaman in STV AFK. With my level 35 rogue and my friend's level 37 rogue, we beat the Shaman from 100% to death over the course of about 3 minutes... hilarity ensued.

Also, yes, never playing again was the very best WoW moment I've experienced (the world is big and lovely)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.