Best Projectile system

Discussion in 'JASS Zone' started by dudeim, Jun 10, 2011.

1. dudeim

dudeim New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I'm currently in need of a projectile system and as there are a few around what is the best? (as in efficiency and user friendlyness)

Thanks!

2. kingkingyyk3

kingkingyyk3 Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You can use Kenny's 1. Try to find it around Tutorial and Resources section.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bribe

Bribe vJass errors are legion

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Anitarf's xemissile is probably the best setup for you in terms of being the best mix of efficient/user-friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. luorax

luorax Invasion in Duskwood

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'd say Kenny's one as well. I used it all the time. It's pretty easy to use it, especially because the test map contains tons of example spells.

5. dudeim

dudeim New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys I'm trying kenny's currently and so far it's I like it.

6. Sevion

Sevion The DIY Ninja

Ratings:
    +423 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I would make my own so I can both accommodate for anything I need as well as know its inner-workings down to a T so management is easy.

7. emjlr3

emjlr3 Change can be a good thing Staff Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    agreed - its really hard to easily take all situations into account - I realize this in retrospect, having wrote a portion of my own - I almost want to rewrite the entire thing to account for limitations inherent in the initial concept

to be honest - I think the best approach would be generic move from here to there at this speed (or homing), and let the user do any other fancy things he wants

8. Sevion

Sevion The DIY Ninja

Ratings:
    +423 / 0 / -0
    I think the best approach would be a generic projectile system with modules to do things with that. Then the user can implement any modules he wishes.

9. dudeim

dudeim New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well I could write my own but it takes up way to much time so i'll stick with kenny's for now.

10. Sevion

Sevion The DIY Ninja

Ratings:
    +423 / 0 / -0
    Too long? :-/ About an hour of tinkering for the base, to be honest.