Best RPG map(s) made for Warcraft III (TFT) ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
So I have urge to play best RPG map ever made for Warcraft but I don' t know what its name. Things what makes it good:
Story
Characters
JASS abilities
Custom Data (Models, skins, etc)
It needs to be playable in Single Player too.
That map' s official webpage.

Start posting names or webpages and comments :D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, there aren't any, in my opinion. They all have their pros and cons. But the cons tend to overrule the pros. :(

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
IMO To the Bitter End.

Especially gameplay wise it's a lot better than any other Warcraft RPG I've played so far. It's very action based and becomes damned difficult in the later chapters while always staying fair.

I had a lot more fun playing it than with that monotonous Rexxar Campaign. ^_^

http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/index.htm

Asehujiko

Reaction score
i liked the rexxar campaign(thats why im making my own kel'thuzad campaign)

ttbe has a nice story but it gets quite tedious after a while, and too easy to loose without doing anything wrong in map 3 and 4(havent played 5 yet)(and a bug where you could loose during cinematics in map 2, still not fixed afaik)

iirc darnyak said that he was going to make an rpg for the eota storyline, but that was when he still had a modforge forum, so if he's actuay planning that its a very low priority

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Dark Lineage is best orpg now that they've released a version that has translations IMO.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
One I like is the Imagica RPG. Its large story line with heros that change every 15 levels adds a nice touch.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
One I like is the Imagica RPG. Its large story line with heros that change every 15 levels adds a nice touch.
I even got that map when I try to remember why I didn' t liked it was reason that I got just hero what I clicked on and I waited some time to load map actualy...

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I find Wind and Cloud RPG, i think it's called, quite good.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I got the Imagica RPG. Though it's playable in single player, you don't really stand a chance against many of the creeps on your own.

Other than that, it's pretty decent, with only the odd glitch here and there.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
IMO To the Bitter End.

Especially gameplay wise it's a lot better than any other Warcraft RPG I've played so far. It's very action based and becomes damned difficult in the later chapters while always staying fair.

I had a lot more fun playing it than with that monotonous Rexxar Campaign. ^_^

http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/index.htm

Tried it and didn' t liked it because I have save where I got 32 seconds to get control room or I will lose and in that time I never get there (I even don' t know where it is lol.) So starting from beginning just to speed up isn' t for me and there isn' t much room for moving too (In chapter I). Played Rexxar campaign to feel how good it is and even it is (I think it' s because when you talk to someone in that map they will play spesific music to creat atmosphere and overall it just is too good. I had no mood to start playing it but something like that or even better sounds like real rpg for Warcraft.). Only more action should there be (I mean not hack and slash but thought through battles :D )

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about the Rexxar campaign is that it was never challenging throughout the entire campaign.
It's just going from point A to B while killing everything that moves or doesn't want to move. Oh right the creeps respawn, so you can kill everything again when you go back from B to A.

TtBE may be frustrating sometimes and there's no way you can beat it the first time you play it, but at least you have to play with thought.

Oh well, I can understand that some don't like, it's all a matter of taste after all. ^^

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
DBZ Supreme RPG

It has custom models, most of the sagas, and advanced systems for a great RPG.

D

darklegionxx

Top 3 in my opinion,

1. Master Crafters
2. WarsofAzeroth
3. GlareofVanity

Asehujiko

Reaction score
there are 2 types of dificulty
1. having to use your brain to get past obstacles
2. having a % chance on any given action that you loose

the first is good, the second sucks
the problem with ttbe is that there are alot of things that can go wrong without the player having anything to do against it

soulreavers pathing bugging and him walking right into the barracks=lose
sword teleport to a bad location=lose
guards go for the boss instead of the bandits=lose
sword going crazy and killing the bandit boss during a cinematic=lose
sword going crazy and killing fei during a cinematic=lose
celerity teleport to a bad loaction=lose
any companion suicide running into an ultimate=lose
flamestrike on fei when he's small=lose
ents blocking the way out of the flamestrike=lose
void kid instagibs the troll during a cinematic=lose
sword going crazy and killing the troll=lose
void kid spawning ontop of the troll=lose

i never played map 5 because 1-4 were way too random

F

FatherTime

The Black Road

Without a doubt, handsdown and with no further debate the best RPG ever for WC3 is The Black Road. The only thing you can't do is play solo and that's because it was designed to be a group RPG.

Those other maps are great, but The Black Road has spawned a clan on US East that has 4 seperate clan 'wings' (TBRa, TBR, TBRe, TBRi) just to fit in all the members and has an active clan on every other Blizzard server as well as Bored Aussies. Conserative estimates are 600 members to the clan dedicated to one map.

Get it now and become addicted too...
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/11274/

M

Meat Shield

Dark Lineage!

tbh dark lineage owen is the best made rpg on the whole god damn b.net :shades:

it has a custom model attached to every item, custom buying menu, complete game menu when pressing ESC and the ability to FIND spells instead of choosing them... and lots more... originally made by some chinese fellow but 0.05 and up is translated... (poorly) but understandble :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    And our actual cooks aren't really trained for that. Our line lead will be fine but our tournant is still kind of struggling with some things and he takes mistakes way too hard. I got onto him about scorching pans when making cream sauces and he started fucking everything else up, like dude it's fine just turn your heat down a bit. And then he burned like three batches of couscous in a row and it's like man
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +2

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.