Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I figured that would be the best way to dice it up

Dark Chao Self doesn't have that zing to it :p

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>1. MMORPG: many want the rts and custom game on wc3 and sc.

Why do you think they are FINALLY making a StarCraft II?

>2: COSTS MONEY.

Too much in my opinion, but if you are a cheap kid like me you can join a private server, it's 100% free (most of the time)

>3: All threw middle school and highschool you are made fun of if ppl no u play(i no some ppl)

Yes that happens to me, but if you're like me, you would beat the crap out of anyone who makes fun of you because you enjoy something.

>4.Units and such: in WoW u get 1 unit excluding flying and rides and summons. Many like the untis u can make an army and such.

Agreed, nothing is more fun than watching your opponent whimper in fear as you send in a mass army to destroy him then mention that you still have a lot of men left at your base XD

>5. IT COSTS MONEY.

Didn't you already say that? :p Private Servers FTW!

>6. Repetitive- Go to *blank* to get 5 *blank* so i can *black* my *blank* or Kill the *blank* for *blank* reason.

You forgot...
Talk to *blank*
:D

>7. Time consuming. Say" Weather you have 5 min, or an hour-" no. If ur actually gonna get something acomplished, you have to play for at least an hour or so.

Isn't the whole point of a video game to take a long time? And as long as your having fun who cares how long it takes?

>8. Additon to 7-Leveling takes hella long at 12+, you have to waste hour+ to get one level.

Agreed the level is crap, but there are games that are worse :p

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
'Nuff about WoW, some mod might think this will turn into a flame thread.
Crap. I edited something out by accident. Now I forgot what I had there. Oh well, lol.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
That would be so (exuse my lauguage) gay if they didnt. Many do not like WoW for many reasons:
1. MMORPG: many want the rts and custom game on wc3 and sc.
2: COSTS MONEY.
3: All threw middle school and highschool you are made fun of if ppl no u play(i no some ppl)
4.Units and such: in WoW u get 1 unit excluding flying and rides and summons. Many like the untis u can make an army and such.
5. IT COSTS MONEY.
6. Repetitive- Go to *blank* to get 5 *blank* so i can *black* my *blank* or Kill the *blank* for *blank* reason.
7. Time consuming. Say" Weather you have 5 min, or an hour-" no. If ur actually gonna get something acomplished, you have to play for at least an hour or so.
8. Additon to 7-Leveling takes hella long at 12+, you have to waste hour+ to get one level.

WoW isnt worth shizz.

Wc4 ftw. Peace.

Wc4 won't come, you can say WoW is the fourth, since the story continues. And I doubt they go back to making RTS since they made A LOT more money on MMORPG.
And, you forgot about the great things of WoW actually, I bet you could point out tons of bad stuff at wc3 too, if not more.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
'Nuff about WoW, some mod might think this will turn into a flame thread.
Cornface... ... ... ...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be quiet, fool.
Edit your post to read your favourite RTS.

Anyways, other than SWGB my fav RTS is wc3: TFT for sure. Nothing beats it (except SWGB, but it's old and obsolete at this point I guess)

Rad

Reaction score
Command and conquer tiberian sun owns everything :D (not CNC3, it sucks big time.. EA ruined it)

Starcraft was ok but IMO its just too overrated.

What about age of empires 2? Thats great too

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
What about age of empires 2? Thats great too

I think I played it at a friend's house one time... Is that the one where you can be in egypt, have barley fields, have god statues to Ra n stuff? Because it was an AoE map as far as I know, and it was cool :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
AoE2 was fun, I never played it online though...
I've played about, oh, 3 games of WC3 non-custom. ;P

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ages of Empries 2. That game seriously kicked ass. It has 3x the unit max than wc3 with less lag, gg.

Reaction score
age of empires 3 sucks...finished it less than a day...Who wants to buy it? lol seriously

Never tried age of empires 2

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Yes AoE3 is a piece of crap. I was so excited for it's release then completely insulted by how bad it was.

AoE2 is a hell of a lot better though :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I just got Age of Empires 1 + expansion, Age of Empires 2 + expansion, and Empire Earth 2 all for the low price of just £15!

I've already got AoE one, but then, that's why eBay exists.

Trouble is, I never got to the level where I could play against a high-level computer opponant and win. I always played easy or very easy. Then I could turtle in my base and build a huge army thanks to the cheats, before wiping out all my enemies. Trouble was, they put up little resistance and it took ages (say, 2 hours +) to finish them off.

Still, I'm gonna install AoE 2 and EE 2 today an see how they play :)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
age of empires 3 sucks...finished it less than a day...Who wants to buy it? lol seriously

Never tried age of empires 2

Agree, AoE3 was a big disappointment, I hope it would be more AoE2 like, but hell no.

And Wisemen, why don't you try play with let's say a 2v2 game, with the computer harder. :p And, you should try AoE2 instead, I find it much better than AoE1.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Well, I've just played AoE 2 and Empire Earth 2 and the gameplay is startlingly similiar. The biggest difference is that there are 15 epochs (ages) in EE 2 and only 4 in AoE 2. AoE 2 is lagless though so it'll probably get more playtime.

However, I noticed a problem which I encountered in AoE 1 which also occurs in AoE 2. playing against 2 other cpu players in a FFA, it seemed that they concentrated more on attacking me than each other. Plus, they just massed seige weapons and steamrollered over what I saw as being a considerably balanced, well-teched army.
Maybe I just need to adapt. But I still think it can be beaten a little too easily.

So, overall, I think EE 2 is better, thanks to a larger scope and better battle planning. But AoE 2 is still great 'cos there's no lag whatsoever, and the gameplay is still good.

I have also come to realise that WC3 is nothing next to these 2 games :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.