Best way to track hero ability level

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
So I want to track ability levels of heros throughout the game. Would be easy if the hero abilities were constant each game however I am going for a construct your own hero approach.

I made variables for hero ability [ability number[player number]] which are set as the abilities when player selected.

My thoughts were I could run a trigger as follows (WE not installed on this computer)

Event: Unit Learns a skill
Actions:
for loop integer a (1-4)
If/then/else
If: Learned Hero Skill = hero ability[integer a[player number (owner of triggering unit)]]
Then: Set HeroAbilityLevel[integer a[player number (owner of triggering unit)]] = current level of hero ability [integer a[player number (owner of triggering unit)]] + 1

however the hero skill comparison only works for specific abilities and will not take variables as comparisons.

Got some weird random shit going on in this map with swapping abilities between players and stuff (as the map is just a fun map for friends to play on whilst I am in aus) which makes me want a system that is flexible.

Cheers

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think I understand your question.
Why would you want to "track" the level of abilities? You can always just query the level with "Level of Ability for Unit".

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I may have been doing this too long. That didnt even occur to me. Cheers

EDIT: I remember why and it wouldnt work this way but I decided to persue an easier route

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.