Beta Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

After reading about the SC 2 map editor, I got really excited about checking it out. Therefor I wonder if there is any way for me to obtain a SC 2 betakey for free, and if not if there is any other way for me to try out the map editor. +rep if you can help me out =)

farold

Reaction score
I think it's possible to download the Beta and use the Editor without Beta key but I heard that you won't be able to test stuff ingame nor pllay scII :/

Not sure throught

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
It's possible to use the editor as well as playing against custom made AI's with various loaders without logging onto battle.net. Your only problem will be to get your hand on a copy of sc2. I'm sure it's out there somewhere if you know where to look though.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You won't be able to patch the game until the battle.net severs are back up and running, hence you won't be able to get the editor until then.

Azrooh

Reaction score
The patching is a p2p system... It's not shut off, it's just slow because so few people are patching.

Dave312

Reaction score
To download the patches yes, but you need to connect to the battle.net severs to determine if there is a new patch to download. I recently upgraded my pc, which mean't I had to reinstall SC2. Unfortunately I was unable to patch beacuse the severs are offline (you can patch manually but I can't seem to be able to get patch 9 applied properly).

Dave312

Reaction score
That is interesting. I can't even get the downloader to run. It just tells me there is no new patches available despite the fact there is.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> nah.. the only 'legal' distributor for sc2 beta would be Blizzard only.
On that note, I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.