Bethesda baby boom.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why Dovahkiin?

edit - oh. Didn't Acclaim used to have contests like this all the time?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Because "Dovahkiin" means dragon born in some language in their elder scrolls series.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That's not quite the reason, Dovahkiin is one of the characters in their new Skyrim game, but yeah it apparently does mean dragon born.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
"my parents were great," said 10-year-old dovahkiin in 2021. "i didn't meet them in person for the first few months, but after that, they were swell. Now, if you'll excuse me, i have three appointments to be savagely beaten during recess today, because my name is dovahkiin."

lol

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That's not quite the reason, Dovahkiin is one of the characters in their new Skyrim game, but yeah it apparently does mean dragon born.
Jindo, now you force me to be a bitch here^^ Dovahkiin is not the name of the main character, it is what he is. He is the dragon born.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Which makes it the name, as far as the game in concerned. Likewise, in Oblivion no one called me "Doctor Gutternrapperfishesvatchengerlug". Unless they make a voice synthesizer (which I feel is unlikely) or go back to the text based thing like in Morrowind (where your name was also synonymous with Horatator or Nerevarine).

Hopefully they step this one up a bit, I was unimpressed with most of Oblivion, especially in comparison to Morrowind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.