Better hurry to get your beta fix

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
You basically said most of what I said xD. Except for the themes, I forgot to mention that one.

Its like comparing Fallout 3 to Oblivion

It's not even about the themes, if you think about the amount of options, Starcraft II would be massing and harassing. While Warcraft III is CC, getting items, and neutral units like the flying goblin thing that can carry units(forgot what it was called).
I'm not referring to massing futuristic units compared to using magic and heroes.
Starcraft is really massing units either in your base, on an expo, or near pylons. What else can you do?

Don't talk about the fact that you're massing medival units not future units. That has very little to do with the actually utilizing your skills, which I believe Warcraft does better.
You are mistaken if you think massing one or two units in your base is more fun than playing Warcraft.

chanta45

Reaction score
Lol@YourFace

Personally I played both games for years and I really do prefer starcraft.

Not being biased at all, I loved both games styles of play but you can't really say all starcraft is "massing and harassing" because really I could say the same as WC3. You either creep or harass, either rush or tech, and decide what you do. The real micro comes in with the heroes, and some casting with your tag along units as well as item composition/usage. You build expos but you don't really dedicate that much into them because they are just their to get your resources. So, warcraft3 is more small scale hero micro centered.

Starcraft I find is more of a true "RTS" so to speak of with a larger scale. With a larger unit cap and smaller "food" prices for units, you can get fairly large armies. When you build an expo, you need to build up defenses and you can decide how you want that base to produce units, like ground, air. etc. I also find I can largely use lower tier units consistantly in starcraft, unlike warcraft 3 where in no circumstances does mass Taurens get owned by mass grunts, whereas mass speedlings can outperform mass ultras in a few occasions. I find there is more macro (which I love, matter of opinion) in starcraft then warcraft.

I dunno, love the two but SC is my fav.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
warcraft is still played because it has a good world editor.
starcraft is still played because it has good gameplay.

I love the fantasy theme of warcraft because anything can happen. I'm probably going to have to wait until some good fantasy models come out before I attempt to do anything in the GE.

punwisp

Reaction score
It's not even about the themes, if you think about the amount of options, Starcraft II would be massing and harassing. While Warcraft III is CC, getting items, and neutral units like the flying goblin thing that can carry units(forgot what it was called).
I'm not referring to massing futuristic units compared to using magic and heroes.
Starcraft is really massing units either in your base, on an expo, or near pylons. What else can you do?

Don't talk about the fact that you're massing medival units not future units. That has very little to do with the actually utilizing your skills, which I believe Warcraft does better.
You are mistaken if you think massing one or two units in your base is more fun than playing Warcraft.

Massing and harassing? You obviously haven't played starcraft for very long, least not very good at it. It requires skill, if it required simple mass and win, starcraft wouldnt be popular. At all

And in normal melee masses you barely mass any units. You get a hero, and a couple tier 1 units in the beginning, and slowly work your way up.

Normally units cost 3x more than they do in Sc, and you use a lot less units, a LOT. Its far more hero centered, with a couple extra units for support, distraction or meat shields, or purely for some extra damage.

YourFace

Reaction score
Massing and harassing? You obviously haven't played starcraft for very long, least not very good at it. It requires skill, if it required simple mass and win, starcraft wouldnt be popular. At all

And in normal melee masses you barely mass any units. You get a hero, and a couple tier 1 units in the beginning, and slowly work your way up.

Normally units cost 3x more than they do in Sc, and you use a lot less units, a LOT. Its far more hero centered, with a couple extra units for support, distraction or meat shields, or purely for some extra damage.

Unfortunately we could play 20 games and you'd lose all of them. And starcraft II isn't popular because people appreciate the gameplay, it simply gets its fame from starcraft I which I admit I never played.

Plus starcraft II isn't hero centered at all, it's more strategy and technique required than warcraft. However, warcraft still has more features and options for a wider range, compared to starcraft II's high necessity of strategy.

I'm actually less bias because I never played or came to appreciate Starcraft I. The wait has been quite long, so any starcraft fan would want it and brag about it in some war. Especially since Blizzard delayed it for 2 years.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Clearly cut, Starcraft 1 and 2 are both more Micro and Macro juggling.

Warcraft 3 is more pure Macro with a few Micro concepts thrown in.

YourFace

Reaction score
Clearly cut, Starcraft 1 and 2 are both more Micro and Macro juggling.

Warcraft 3 is more pure Macro with a few Micro concepts thrown in.

o_O. That is true in dota, but it's the complete opposite in ladder. Not that you need macro in dota, but you don't need micro in it either >:O

punwisp

Reaction score
Unfortunately we could play 20 games and you'd lose all of them. And starcraft II isn't popular because people appreciate the gameplay, it simply gets its fame from starcraft I which I admit I never played.

Plus starcraft II isn't hero centered at all, it's more strategy and technique required than warcraft. However, warcraft still has more features and options for a wider range, compared to starcraft II's high necessity of strategy.

I'm actually less bias because I never played or came to appreciate Starcraft I. The wait has been quite long, so any starcraft fan would want it and brag about it in some war. Especially since Blizzard delayed it for 2 years.

Thats a rather random and stupid statement put together, basing this on what? Because I said its not just mass and harass? That it requires skill?

it simply gets its fame from starcraft I which I admit I never played.
How do you think WoW first became popular? How do you think Wc3 first got popular?

And yea, logically all the starcraft fans would flock to Sc2, after all Starcraft 1 revolutionized RTS gaming, and this is its sequel.

Especially since Blizzard delayed it for 2 years
And this is bad how? The longer they take to make the game, the better it is, every game since the original warcraft was a complete success, and each game/franchise after that was perfection in its own genre, and was a complete success. Starcraft 2 will be no different in full release.

Well... it is you know a Real Time Strategy game. Like most RTS games its focuses on the army rather than a single unit with a couple helpers. And I believe we already made it clear Starcraft wasn't a hero focused game :p

YourFace

Reaction score
Thats a rather random and stupid statement put together, basing this on what? Because I said its not just mass and harass? That it requires skill?

How do you think WoW first became popular? How do you think Wc3 first got popular?

And yea, logically all the starcraft fans would flock to Sc2, after all Starcraft 1 revolutionized RTS gaming, and this is its sequel.

And this is bad how? The longer they take to make the game, the better it is, every game since the original warcraft was a complete success, and each game/franchise after that was perfection in its own genre, and was a complete success. Starcraft 2 will be no different in full release.

Well... it is you know a Real Time Strategy game. Like most RTS games its focuses on the army rather than a single unit with a couple helpers. And I believe we already made it clear Starcraft wasn't a hero focused game :p
I'm basing it on the fact that you're a beginner and I'm in platnium league with over 60 wins. and I'm saying I'm not biased. Where do you see me saying that Blizzard is bad for taking so long.(Then you make a reply to Blizzard is bad taking so long because you didn't read the whole sentence.)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You mean pure micro with minimal macro.

Na, starcraft has always been about the macro guys, getting many bases and throwing everything at you opponent at once:D
I for one is a bit disappointed with SC2 not having more epic sized battles.
And btw, starcraft1 was basically a space remake of warcraft games:eek:

INCINERATE

Reaction score
from my experience

warcraft 3 is alot of micro with a little bit of macro.

and sc2 is alot of macro with a little bit of micro.
the micro in sc2 is almost non existent and almost is entirely made up of only "hit then move tactics" Hit,move,hit,move,hit,move .. thats the only micro u ever see in sc2. if one calls this "incredible micro" then i assume you would also say dota requires" incredible micro", since the only micro aspect of it is "last hitting creeps".

in war3, the only macro u ever see is pretty easy, units take forever to build and due to upkeep limits, units take even longer to come out, therefore its alot easier on the macro side compared to sc2

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Starcraft no matter what Version will always be.

Don't you even argue about it.

Arkless

Reaction score
from my experience

warcraft 3 is alot of micro with a little bit of macro.

and sc2 is alot of macro with a little bit of micro.
the micro in sc2 is almost non existent and almost is entirely made up of only "hit then move tactics" Hit,move,hit,move,hit,move .. thats the only micro u ever see in sc2. if one calls this "incredible micro" then i assume you would also say dota requires" incredible micro", since the only micro aspect of it is "last hitting creeps".

in war3, the only macro u ever see is pretty easy, units take forever to build and due to upkeep limits, units take even longer to come out, therefore its alot easier on the macro side compared to sc2

war3 is micro based, that is for sure, but sc2 is both! A combination of micro and macro. You got enough units wich need a direct cast order.
Abilities are way stronger then the normal attack, if you can (for example) use your mindcontroll as zerg to a far extend, you are sure to beat any big units... how about psi storm from protoss? Or just a bit of tank micro to gain a huge advantage in army size (I consider the siege mode as an ability which you have to micro, just standing around wont do... or changing while in range of your oponents)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.