bf crashing probs

B

Bling Bling King

hi,
My bf keeps f**king up when i try to play. It goes into the menu and i can do anything in the menus but when i try to play any type of game it loads about a quarter of the bar and then it crashes and takes me back to my desktop. When it takes me back to my desktop the sound keeps going and a little box comes up in the top left hand corner of my desktop and it says "error..." before it dissapears. I think this has sumthin 2 do with me bieng on XP?? I have tried changing the compatibility modes but that doesnt work either. Also i updated to ver 1.45 but it still has the same problems. HELP!

B

Bling Bling King

oh and here are my specs...
Video Card : AG315E-32
Video Driver : SiSGRV.dll
Driver Version : 6.13.10.3030

Sound Card : Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Sound Driver : ALCXWDM.SYS
Driver Version : 5.10.00.3650

DirectX : DirectX 8.1
Operating System Windows XP 5.1.2600

CPU Type : 2000 MHz GenuineIntel Pentium IV
15 2 7

RAM : 256 MB Total
126 MB Free
Virtual RAM : 618 MB Total
456 MB Free

Operating System : Windows XP 5.1.2600

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Did you download the full 1.45 patch or the incremental? If you downloaded the incremental, I suggest uninstalling the game, deleting your Battlefield folder, and then reinstalling. Also, make sure you have all the latest driver and system updates.

U

Unregistered

I have the exact same problem and you are the first person i have come accross with the exact situation that u are describing. I dont see any similarities in our hardware. Who makes your video card?

U

Unregistered

Same problem here, crashes to desktop during map load.. i cant even play..

My system specs are

Geforce 3 TI 500
XP 2700
1 gig Kingston 333 mhz DRR
Biostar K7NCD Pro mainboard with Nforce2

Also i have tried my Geforce 4 440 MX 8x AGP card and it does the same thing..

Ive changed my refresh rates using videorefreshdefaul1 or whatever that is in order to make sure im running at 60

My monitor is Sony Trinitron Multiscan 200

Windows XP Pro is my OS, and it has SP1 installed.

This issue has been bothering me, on my old machine a Duron 1.2 with 512 of DDR and Geforce 2 MX the game works fine, but its choppy as hell so i dont use that Machine..

Please help, this issue has bugged my long enough..

U

Unregistered

Ive got the EXACT same problem. Im also running Win XP, and the patch 1.45 i downloaded was the full patch, so that aint the prob. What do I do???

R

Rob2302

Same problem as well (see the other thread Crash to Desktop (Occassional Reboot)) - I tried EA Help and got a very cryptic reply about SIS chipsets - have tried the SIS help www.sis.com but nothing obvious.

B

Bokin

My brother had the same prob u all are having. The problem was in his registry...
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942
in there it should say...
GAMEDIR REG_SZ (your game dir)
INSTALLEDVERSION REG_SZ 1.04.501
LANGUAGE REG_SZ ENGLISH
LANGUAGEID REG_DWORD 0x00000009 (9)
REGSTR REG_SZ 00000409
SRCDIR REG_SZ C:\
SRCDISK REG_SZ C:
(C: is the default drive BF1942 is installed to...if you installed to a different drive substitute drive letter for C...ex C:,D:,E:
there will be 1 more line in the registry called UNINSTALL but this is not needed for gameplay.
DO NOT GET INTO THE REGISTRY UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE USING IT>>>YOU CAN CAUSE SEVERE PROBLEMS TO THE SYSTEM BY CHANGING THE REGISTRY...I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYONE MAKING A MISTAKE AND F***ING UP THERE SYSTEM. ONLY USE WITH CAUTION.
If you would like help PM me with yahoo and I'll see what I can do.
tmant3
BTW this is for version 1.45

U

Unregistered

wow, hey i had this problem for a very long time, finally someone solved it!! thanx!!!

U

Unregistered

Just to check:

->REG_SZ are Registry strings? (ie, You don't enter "Gamedir reg_sz" as a key.)

-> Do you mean SCRdir or SRCdir?

Taking those into account, you can make a reg file (right click, new text document, rename New Text Document.txt to [anything].reg,) and enter the following:

--Begin text--
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942]
"GAMEDIR"="[YOUR GAME DIRECTORY]"
"INSTALLEDVERSION"="1.04.501"
"REGSTR"="00000409"
"LANGUAGEID"=dword:00000009
"SCRDIR"="C:\"
"SRCDISK"="C:\"
"LANGUAGE"="ENGLISH"
--End text--

It may be easier for ppl who dont like reg editting.
HTH.

U

Unregistered

Update to my above post:

It IS supposed to be SRCDIR not SCRDIR, and those correspond to the CD drive not the install directory. (Mine is 'Y:\', I spose most ppl will have it as 'D:\')

And even with this information in the registry I still cant get it to work. Same sympoms as everyone else.

B

Bokin

My bad...SRC. I changed my post and TY for the typo correction.
I changed the drive letters on my machine for the two (SRCDIR & SRCDISK) and it worked fine. (Drive letter for my CD rom is H: changed it to G:,U:,Z: and it made no difference on my machine...No im not running nocd) I heard from EA on this topic (They are very hard to reach let alone get help from) and some of this crap should be cleared up in the 1.5 patch. (If you can believe what those money hungry fools have to say :) ) They (EA)need to be more specific on how to fix there damn problems with there games. No instead they make you fend for yourself. I have a friend bringing me his comp with the same problem. I'll see what the fix is and post if anything new comes about.
BTW...post what graphics card you are running because it may help in diagnosing the problem. I have found some of the problems have to do with ATI cards.

B

Bokin

Another thing...If you can play for a few minutes and then it crashes, get yourself a big fan. Take the side off the case and point the fan right into the case. Blow as much air into the case as possable. I've dealt with alot of heat problems lately. Also clean the dust out of the case often. Dust is a gamers worst enemy...causes heat buildup. Dont use a vacuum or compressor. (vacuum can cause static and air compressor blows alot of water)
Buy canned air from the store or just take it outside and blow on it. I recommend holding it upside down so the dust can fall out.
Just something to think about.

U

Unregistered

lmao you guys wont believe me but i had the same problem and i hit my computer and it started working... well good luck to yall!

B

BF1942 on laptop

same errors

Hey guys, I'm having the same issue on a laptop. I have the minimum requirments as far as video card, I'm thinking that is the problem but I'm not sure. I tried the registry change but that didn't work. I'm fully patched so if you guys come across anything please let me know. I bought the game and haven't been able to play yet.

U

Unregistered

Battlefield 1942 Crash

I'm having the same problems with BF. I've updated to 1.5 and I've followed all of the fixes posted at EA and still the same problems. I have a P4 3.2 with 1GB Ram and an ATI All-in-wonder Radeon 9800 with all updates installed. Windows XP.

U

Unregistered

i have a gforce 4 mx 440, i get the exact same thing as every one else, its not dust or heat probles like the last guy said...

it will load sumtimes, i think it might be the type of map.. but defintly a video card problem and or xp.. the help from ea does nothing... if any1 has fixed this... pls post it here!

U

Unregistered

is it just me or should bf work no matter what video card is in there. if it reads the minimum requirements of memory size then that should be that.

i think it should be wrong for a game to cater to specific types of hardware. it's unfair to those who have hardware limitations, like laptop users

i say this because i played sim ciity 4, which has the same card requirements as bf1942 it worked fine, so i went out and bought bf1942, saw the same things written on the box and didn't think much of it.

when it opens a game it crashes the second i take two steps, then it reboots my comp.

i have a feeling it's my card, but there's nothing i can do to upgrade it, since its integrated in my laptop.

i have an integrated 32mb stwister card
1.4ghz processor
512 ram
50 gb hd

is there anything i can do? or do i have to sell the game?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.