BF1942 Rebooting computer at end of singleplayer maps

U

Unregistered

Ive updated Battlefield to version 1.6 with the full patch, and now when i play the game the computer reboots itself at the end of the mission. I did not have this problem before i installed this patch, and all my ingame settings are the same as when i installed the game out of the box.

Here are my computer specs:

Windows XP Home Edition (Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600)

AMD Athlon XP3000+ running at 2.17Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 All-In-Wonder 128Mb (driver version 6.14.10.6404)
80Gb HD

Ive looked at the ATI site to see about updating my driver but they only have a 4.2 patch...and mine is up there in 6.14 so i dont know what to do. Anyone else have the same problem/ideas to resolve the problem im having??

U

Unregistered

i also have this problem

my game also reboots my computer after i complete a single player map...or when i try to join a multiplayer game

M

Mr. Cser

You may have downloaded a corrupted/damaged update. Try downloading from another source and reinstalling.

U

Unregistered

Well, ive tried to redownload and reinstall the patch but to no avail...as expected the game crashed again at the end of the mission. What should i do??

M

Mr. Cser

Have you tried downloading from another site? If not you may want to do that and if that does not work I am out of ideas.

U

Unregistered

Things have taken a worse turn than expected. Yep, i downladed from another site, installed again and still no hope.

I also tried to completely unisnatll everything to do with BF and reinstall it afresh. When i tried to run it from the out of the box version (which was 1.45) the game STILL crashed at the end of the mission, despite it working when i origionally installed it. However i have installed such hrrible proghrams like Oracle and the JAVA 2 platform, and when i end the processes associated with them in the task manager some of them respawn themselves. Could this be having any affect on my game?

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
even the greenhouse effect , effects this game .
i suggest however to try the new drivers from ati ..
i am not 100% sure but i think your using rather old drivers .. version 6 is now 7 something even tho it says catalyst 4.1

U

Unregistered

Well another twist in the tale of woe is that i can play online and do single player instant battles with the 1.6 BF patch, but its singleplayer campaigns that cause the computer to reboot at the end of the mission. Strange but true...

...Ahh well thankyou very much, i was gonna try the 4.2 catalyst drivers but was a bit confused as to if they were new or not. Thanx for the help guys!

U

Unregistered

I have the same problem... I fixed it once a while back when I first put this machine together, but I forgot how!!! I will find it and be back:)

U

Unregistered

i was having the exact same problem and tried everything and it wont even start up just makes a noise and goes back to the desk top please help!

thanks,
bobby

AMD 1.6 gig
512megram
128 ati 9200se
40 gig maxtor hd

just built a week ago and this is pissing me off

K

KultarVazaelle

I have the exact same problem with my system rebooting when I try to log into a multiplayer game but I can play offline all day long just fine!!!

U

Unregistered

well i found this in the event log after my computer rebooted.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x00300016, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xbfdd975e). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini030804-01.dmp.

any suggestions?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The update to your video card is different than the update of BF 1942. You need to verify that your video card drivers are the version that you think they are and not confuse that with the BF 1942 update which does not include video card updates.

As for the other posters in this thread, best thing to do is start a new thread for your problem and not try to lump your problem with another user who might have the same symptoms but not the same problem. Start a new thread with your system specs, what is happening, and what you have done to try and correct it and let us treat it like a seperate case.

Help us to help you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.