Big News on NUON Controller Development

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Carl of Songbird Productions is teaming up with Lee Olivares (maker of the Yak Twister boards and holder (hoarder? Haha) of the polyface chips) to see if they can make some headway on a NUON controller option. This could be epic! Screenshot below from AtariAge.

PS Nick Persijn also posted there recently that Lee has the VM Labs schematics for the polyface chip (in addition to having the last confirmed stash of OEM polyface chips).

UPDATE

This has fallen through new controller information further on.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It means they announced something Carl has hinted in the past he was doing something about the NUON controllers. Carl from Songbird is freaking amazing and you know if he is involved something is going to happen.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Like AtariGalore has mentioned you really do not need a polyface chip you just need specs for it. That way you can create a new chip or do something else that does the same thing. The controller stuff is not locked down with encryption or anything it just expects input and give output. Anything can do that including software only solutions like emulators on PC.

atarigalore

Reaction score
my friend said it would take him 10-20 days to fully implement nuon support on him adapter, but that's time he could put into other things he could make sales off implementing....he doesn't think many would be buying his adapter for nuon support.... i am trying to convince him though

so he will probably take quite a bit longer doing it when he feels like it in spare time.

I'm going to try to pay him some for his time to dedicate some time to it.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
there seems to be a significant number of nuon players on the market at any given time, if there were reasonable controller options they would probably sell. If he is working on a controller maybe we can milk a game out of him :)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard Zero it is probably in the works stuck somewhere in the process....

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I'm also curious about @atarigalore's friend's adapter. He said it would only take him 10-20 days to get his adapter working for Nuon controllers and that was back in March. Hmm...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Coming Soon in NUON terms that might be a couple of years :) But definitely will be coming.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily they are not. 2 out of 3 of my goals are working just the Authentication Tools stuff is stalled. I have not given up on that yet either.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Luckily they are not. 2 out of 3 of my goals are working just the Authentication Tools stuff is stalled. I have not given up on that yet either.
What's going on with that guy? 6 year post history at Atari Age and as of a few days ago, seems like he either had a stroke or maybe his account hacked? Everything went from "been working on em, send me money" to this???

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
What's going on with that guy? 6 year post history at Atari Age and as of a few days ago, seems like he either had a stroke or maybe his account hacked? Everything went from "been working on em, send me money" to this???

The Yak Twister guy? I don't know he never responded with a quote now it seems that the problem with the Tools is different so I am going at a different way. The Controller stuff is behind the scenes stuff that is still too early for me to get anyones hopes up by announcing something now. The Yak Twister guy messed me up early as I was looking at those NUON controller chips and I was under the impression he bought them and now they are gone or dont exist whatever.

Did anyone send him any money?

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
BAM!

OK so I saw that someone leaked out the information on this on Facebook already (Carl) so I guess I can talk about it now. I sent my NUON controllers, one Stealth and one Logitech (for the analog) so that Carl from Songbird could clone them. Based on what I have heard we have success. Looks like a mid year release but do not quote me on it just wait for Carl to make the official announcement. And we did not even need the Yak Twister guy either he just slowed us down just saying. Way to go Carl getting that going on glad I could help!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.