Biggest map disappointments?

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
i think that the biggest problem of footies is that arch mage is so darn rigged

A

Atreides

yeah but in recent versions they took away periapts...making hp a bigger issue...high lvl jaoods and blademasters can kill an archmage almost instantly unless its maxed out w/ shields of the gods and such...and ar prevents people from choosing it off the bat, which is nice

Mahucharn

Reaction score
true true if u get a jahood or gm with good enough items or windwalk then u own am

Mahucharn

Reaction score
or.... u could just get a guy with silence (my fav is far seer and dark ranger) and then get a ranged person to just completely own him..... but if u random then am OWNS i never pick archmage

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The biggest map disipointment was.....

It was a nice summer day, the flowers were blooming the sun shining the water calm. An im inside playing warcraft. I look for some game to play when i come across a game called custom hero arena. I like "sounds cool" i play it and it was crap! You pick a hero pick the abilitys, then you just go fight creeps to level, the a fight agiansts some rigged hero because they got bash, cazzy speed and life steal. This was the version of it where there it like a blue area a teal area and a red area for different levels. The new one thats more like an arena if funner and less rigged.

E

Eilhal

I just have to say that most maps are disliked because of personal opinions of the map maker... pepole who host that map... or just the people who play it.... I hate DotA.. but the concept of the map is not bad.... I never played any of the original versions of it... but they were probably closer to being good maps... DotA concentrates WAY too much on knowing what the right Item recipes are... and knowing which hero to pick that is really good at killing other hero's so that the other team just gets all their hero's owned by the guys that can windwalk up to you hit you for X5 damage then stun you and attack you while they have someone else shoot you from a distance (While this is strategy there is just no way to counter it really... any good map has a way to counter any good strategy) Games like Element TD are AMAZING... it's a TD with a twist... you can't just build a bunch of one really good tower... because if you build the best fire tower there is when you get to a water level you only do half damge... so you have to mix and match your towers to make up for weaknesses. I am taking elements fromevery good map that I've seen and putting them into one map... but that's off topic so I'm done now :D

Tonks

Reaction score
Sud said:
[Recent]
I decided to try out one of those "murder mystery" maps, specifically panda mansion. I went in stoked up in the idea that it was going to be something somewhat thought provoking where players would work together to try and piece together clues as to which one of them was the "killer".

What did I get? A bunch of people running around randomly like beheaded fowl trying to evade a permanently invisible foe that they couldn't do anything to defend themselves against, short of hope they couldn't be found. Oh wow. Fun.
I'm assuming Panda Mansion is just a ripoff of my map Murder at the Mansion? If it is, I hope it's completely different, otherwise you're effectively bashing my map :( When I made that it was new, people liked it and it was hosted frequently. Nowadays it's still hosted quite a lot and people find it fun, because I didn't make it just fools running around. There's the interest of mystery, secrets, the chance that you could become the mysterious killer, and it does take skill, unless you're some maphacking noob.
[What I actually do like]
- Anything original that actually shows innovation and hard work placed on it.
Here you contradicted yourself. Like I said, if Panda Mansion is just a ripoff of mine, then no, it isn't original, but mine is, and it was hard work. I think that it was exceptionally good, considering it was my fourth map, and only my second released one.

But on one point I agree with you. Copied maps that change almost nothing aside from unit models and people adding in cheats are completely and utterly pointless. Absolutely no good use for them, except to change the icon on the Trash folder so it has paper in it :rolleyes: .

Btw, the original Footman wars was actually pretty good. (The one by Thad). It was about as balanced as possible, with no rigged heros and no stupid shit, it wasn't just a race to mass tomes, it was a battle of strategy. But then dumbasses came and butchered it and rigged it and put in all kinds of stupid cheat shit and ruined the name so completely that noone will ever play a good footman wars, because noone wants to attempt to create it.

W

WC3_GOD

Hmm come to think of it there really are a lot of dissapointments, but the worst i probly ever seen was a game called water wars. it was like footies but the terrain was all messed up units had like 1k hp and 5 damage the game never ends and nothing made sense :banghead: . PS AVOID "WATER WARS"

M

mon-e

The biggest "hit in the face" "made me scream" map was HvH eternal. I loved Hell Vs Heaven , even though it was rigged like crazy I played like non-stop for 3 weeks. Then someone told me there was an etnernal, and I dled it, and I hit my computer. (Just messing on that last one :) ) Now I NEVER wanna play HvH again (at least a few weeks) and I'm starting to make an arena that won't disappoint me.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Hmm come to think of it there really are a lot of dissapointments, but the worst i probly ever seen was a game called water wars. it was like footies but the terrain was all messed up units had like 1k hp and 5 damage the game never ends and nothing made sense :banghead: . PS AVOID "WATER WARS"

Actually theres also an AoS map called Water War which i actually think is kinda fun... balanced heroes, and it goes quicker then other AoS's cuz the towers are weaker...

rayquaza218

Reaction score
The most disappointing map is....

Well crappy shit done by random people with no skill whatsoever, the game usually starts with all players rushing to pick ONE hero, and its just who can nuke the enemy fastest, who has less delay, and whose comp is better

Dota is godamn racist. Well the hosts are. They are like, AAA EEEK AN ASIAN
and they kick him just for being an asian. Wtf is this? who gave them the right to discriminate, im sure dota didn't want it, but 2nd biggest disappointment would have to be the major corruption of Dota

M

[.Malice.]

I know I'm not supposed to say it, but DoTA...

It was fun at first, but the strategy revolves around getting the best item combinations, which is no fun for me.

It's also very independent, where one decent person can win or lose the map on their own.

I prefer other AoSes, personally, and its really annoying to see that people play DoTA as much as they do. It reminds me of... well, whatever the mainsteam music is now, how people love it regardless of its quality, regardless of any sort of quality. But what do I know?

I also am not the biggest fan of ORPGs, just in general. Running around and levelling for its own sake makes me bored extremely easily. Just the fact that there's no way to win or lose is so boring. It's basically the grinding aspect of an MMORPG without any of the social parts- the worst of both worlds. Although Defiance's is pretty damn good, I must say. Very well put together.

TDs have a tremendous ability to suck as well, and they can be extremely spotty.

Most RPGs are also shit. How many times will people shuffle the same abilities around over and over again before they realize that nobody's interested?

On the other hand, I love me some Genesis of Empires 2. Now that's a game, it just sucks that nobody else in the world ever plays it.

That and Spellcraft are my favorites, and Enfos. I love the actual emphasis on teamwork. I'm a team-based kinda guy, since with college and all that, I don't have as much time as I'd like to memorize the exact sequence of whatevers so that I can kill off enemy heros or whatever. I have a life, dammit.

B

bengy89

The most disappointing map is....

Well crappy shit done by random people with no skill whatsoever, the game usually starts with all players rushing to pick ONE hero, and its just who can nuke the enemy fastest, who has less delay, and whose comp is better

Dota is godamn racist. Well the hosts are. They are like, AAA EEEK AN ASIAN
and they kick him just for being an asian. Wtf is this? who gave them the right to discriminate, im sure dota didn't want it, but 2nd biggest disappointment would have to be the major corruption of Dota

i agree totally dude

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
The biggest dissapointment. Hmm, lets see. Paladin TD.

I saw it hosted often, way too often in fact. I hear from people it's one of the greatest TD's ever made! Turns out, it's just who can build the fastest.

You have to build towers the fastest, and then barracks the fastest. Who ever gets a new player to send to automaticly wins almost. What's the fun in that?

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Games like Element TD are AMAZING... it's a TD with a twist... you can't just build a bunch of one really good tower... because if you build the best fire tower there is when you get to a water level you only do half damge... so you have to mix and match your towers to make up for weaknesses. I am taking elements fromevery good map that I've seen and putting them into one map... but that's off topic so I'm done now :D

<3

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Actually. The biggest map disappointment would be all the unfinished maps I came up with :( I'd have made like 10 different great maps if I could stick to them. But sadly, I'm a project organizer, not a worker ant :D

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
My map dissapointments...:(

I've played lots of custom maps.

:( I like Dota, but im dissapointed that it seems like *ONLY* Dota is being played. I've found it very difficult to wade through all the DOTA 6.38 APEM PRO ONLY ... games that are listed, to find...3 or 4 other types of games </exageration>.

:( The idea of WoW Reborn is kinda cool, but I haven't come across one well executed yet. The ones I've played take too long, are too empty, etc.. - played for 4 hours (just to see how far i could go.) Think I'll never play it again.

:( Actually come to think of it most RPG's dissapoint in some way. I played a particular one; the author had removed any possibilty of sharing with other players. Couldn't give gold, any items that had been picked up or dropped by any player couldn't be picked up or used by any OTHER player. Made the whole game feel like a single-player game.The auther had done this because previously some players had been "cheating" by sharing items and what-not I told the author, in the most constructive way i could, and he said "What do you want?? Want me to come creep with you?" And what?? kill my monsters for me??? no thanks...

IF I WANTED TO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER I'D GO PLAY KOTOR.

:( Most of the AvP maps I've played are not very well planned and / or executed. Buggy gameplay, half tested items, pathing problems. Lots of promise but no Swiss Chocolate.

:( Maps that are created by immature people....it shows.

:) Games I do like and play (as often as Dota allows :rolleyes: )
the occasional Dota Allstars game
Vampirism 2009 (or something....there was a good version in the all vamp slog somewhere.)
Dracula's Curse 5.8 (? i think...not sure of the version number)
Battle tanks (Dota like map with tanks ... which came first?)
Battle ships (Dota like map with ships ... lemme guess)
Island Troll Tribes Innovative!
Jurassic Park Survival Final Beta (still haven't bet it yet)
Risk
Risk Devolution
Werewolf Advanced Final

Actually most of my dissapointments haven't been through the maps themselves...but through immature players. (Immature doesn't mean any age...i know lots of mature 12 year olds and many immature 26+ players.) You know, "U KILt me YOU F**** *** NOOB," RE**, SH***, B***..... please.... <rant deleted>

I guess this is why theres lots of map makers out there.....we get dissapointed with "phr34k15h c00l m4p" or don't find ones that we want to play....so we make it ourselves. Am I right?

-chovy

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Haha, Chovy, a fellow NZer :).

Personally I quit WC3 BNet because it was over-dominated by Dota and other games didnt get filled fast enough. I honestly dont see why people like that map so much, but im bot going to rant about it.

A

Atreides

I play other maps then dota by just having patience when hosting a map...

Tonks

Reaction score
They like it so much because it's not a game of skill; it's a game of who has the right items at the right times.

I kind of quit WC3 too, because there was too little variety. It always pangs me to think of the good ol' days of WC3 when there were nice, fun, and SIMPLE custom games. For example, Golems, Sheeptag, Capture the Flag, and the first mazes. Now everything has to be all detailed and long and fancy and over-complicated and unbalanced for people to play it. Well, enough ranting for now. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.