Billiard Tourny

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Billiards
this is a simple project only using reflection angles etc

At the moment I havent really started agressively with the project, but i hope to add a few cool modes.

• Current Mode Ideas:
8 ball: basic 8 ball mode
9 ball: basic 9 ball mode
Trick shot mode: calculates a score based on how a shot is made (exponential increases for every bounce before the cue hits the target if it makes it in, huge bonuses for bouncing the ball, etc
Crazy Table: for 4 players ffa or 2v2v2v2 (has solids stripes spotted and squared) (can be done with 2v2v2 or 3 ffa, just closes off 1 side

• Mini Game Ideas:
Dodge Ball: tossing cue balls from side to side of the pool table
Survival: the balls are broken by a cue ball at max velocity and the slowing rate of every ball is set to 0, be the last to live to win
Tron: each player gets a small ball with his player color that leaves a trail of white balls behind it, crashing into another ball results in an explosion killing the ball

Currently this is just the concept, im taking all ideas and would like a little help

• Positions still needed:
Triggerer - Covered (thats me) this may take a bit to get started because i just made the switch from wc3 to sc2, but i will be able to do it no prob after a few of the abilities i created when working on my rpg (a lot of sliding and angles of reflection)
Modeler - need someone to create a simple circular model, 1 with the different types of color regions for stripes, solids, spots and squares
Terrainer/terrain triggerer - I need a good terrainer to make a few cool pool tables (i would prefer to have a few different options, a multiple themes (IE: nature fire ice etc, just for vanity) with 2 options: pool table view (can see the edge of the table and part of the supports) and aerial view (only see the top of the pool table)
Testers - all input from testers is seriously considered

PS: I am taking name recommendations... i want it to sound funny
IE:
Balls of Fury: Smacked with sticks, a billiards tale

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice idea. If you can get the physics working properly I think it could be a nice game.

Sounds like you'll need a firm grasp of trigonometry. Oh I hate how trigonometry just pops up everywhere.

GFreak45

Reaction score
lewl.... i met college bachelors (non credit, only through placement) grad requirements in highschool... i plan on adding english etc

GFreak45

Reaction score
small update, taking all name recommendations, funny stuff prefered though :p

GFreak45

Reaction score
thanks it should be fun :D

just making sure that wasnt a name recommendation was it? : P

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any screenshot or video? It would help showcase the project.

GFreak45

Reaction score
not yet, i have 3 projects im working on, and because of that they are going extremely slow : (

GFreak45

Reaction score
if anyone can find billiard ball models i would + rep you a few times :D

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There are already a few spherical shaped models in the editor. You will just need to re-skin them which shouldn't be too hard for what your are after. There was a tutorial around about how to re-skin SC2 models.

GFreak45

Reaction score
ill look into it, but working on 3 projects at the same time is REALLY taking its toll when i work 50 hrs a week, and this is 3rd on my list, first its my rpg then TA (total annihilation: check the other threads in this forum) and ta will probably be done first because of the easy-ness

i would love any help i can get : /

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.