something clever
Reaction score
@winterherz that pic is a bad shoop.
kd7fv6.jpg

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Crazy,

I just played a game of SC2 last night with him.
That asshole 6 pooled me.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats bugging me is imagine what would have happened if a terrorist bombed the white house and killed obama, all kinds of extreme islamic or anti-american people would step up to the streets and party hard, hailing the day when obama died.
and now that you killed their leader you are doing the same thing. its not good versus evil but rather red versus blue right now.

i am not against america or the war against the terrorism but i am definitely against the fuzz you make out of the death of one man. as if now everything would be over, you dont even know if he is the leader, you dont even know what he did. everything you know is his name and what people told you about him. the same people who gave his man the weapons and the training to use them back in the cold war.
maybe, just maybe, it wasnt osama bin laden who plotted all those attacks. you folks just dont know the truth. there can always be another man behind the man you are hunting. and you dont even know which of these is the worst guy. maybe the next leader of the terrorists will be alot worse then him and much more active and violent.

Winterherz

Reaction score
Who pulled the trigger?

Navy SEAL Team 6

Officially, the team's name is classified and not available to the public, technically there is no team 6. A Tier-One counter-terrorism force similar to the Army's elusive Delta group, Team 6's mission rarely make it to paper much less the newspaper.

Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops1-e1292819090306.jpg

It shows how important the publicity about Bin Laden's killing is to the U.S. that this morning, Team 6 is front page news.

The members of Team 6 are all "black" operatives. They exist outside military protocol, engage in operations that are at the highest level of classification and often outside the boundaries of international law. To maintain plausible deniability in case they are caught, records of black operations are rarely, if ever, kept.

The development of SEAL Team 6 was in direct response to the 1980 attempt to rescue the American hostages held in Iran. The mission was a terrific failure that fell apart at many points and illustrated the need for a dedicated counter-terrorist team capable of operating with the utmost secrecy.

The Team was labeled 6 at the time to confuse Soviet intelligence about the number of SEAL teams in operation at the time. There were only two others.

Team 6 poached the top operatives from other SEAL units and trained them even more intensely from there. Even among proven SEAL's the attrition rate for Team 6 is reported to be nearly half.

There are no names available for current Team 6 members, but the CIA does recruit heavily from their numbers for their Special Operations Group, so it makes sense that they were chosen to work with the CIA on this mission.

Team 6 is normally devoted to missions with maritime authority: ship rescues, oil rigs, naval bases or land bases accessible by water. There are no waterways near Bin Laden's compound.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
as if now everything would be over
The death of bin Laden doesn't mean the war against terrorism is over. Nobody said it was Over. Really!

you dont even know if he is the leader, you dont even know what he did.
How do you know that for sure? Well, Bin Ladin had an part in this Insane activity. No?

and you dont even know which of these is the worst guy. maybe the next leader of the terrorists will be alot worse then him and much more active and violent.
Eh worst? There's always something worse. Murder? You see "terrorism is another name for Murder" and nothing else.!

Well, maybe they should Just arrested him and tried for his crimes?

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
If history has taught us anything, it is that America will not stand idle.

When you slaughter civilians on a massive scale, you are guilty in the court of public opinion, and America will capture or kill you.

If you are angry that he did not recieve lawyers, and rights, then I guess the only response is deal with it.

Sometimes the barrell of a gun is all the due process you need.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Sometimes the barrell of a gun is all the due process you need.

"This was an American victory, and this is war. Where were you when we went to war? I wonder. I know I resented it because people were killed. I do not mourn the death of Osama because he was the provoker. I mourn the deaths countless others who were killed in the crossfire, yet none of you even recognize these people who have died. I mourn the massacre that took place for 10 years (and that will continue for many years to come). But then I see others scolding America for doing what government does, preventing leaders from gaining enough power to amass an army and slaughtering and conquering others. And this response to Osama's death disgusts me."

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
So you wouldn't have applauded the death of Hitler?

The fact that he was stopped? Yes.
His death? No.

One should never celebrate the death of another human being, no matter how wicked.

While it is good that bin Laden's death sends a message to his violent kin, I do not find it appropriate to dance on his grave.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Osama Bin Laden Dead: How One Phone Call Led U.S. To Bin Laden's Doorstep

WASHINGTON -- When one of Osama bin Laden's most trusted aides picked up the phone last year, he unknowingly led U.S. pursuers to the doorstep of his boss, the world's most wanted terrorist.

That phone call, recounted Monday by a U.S. official, ended a years-long search for bin Laden's personal courier, the key break in a worldwide manhunt. The courier, in turn, led U.S. intelligence to a walled compound in northeast Pakistan, where a team of Navy SEALs shot bin Laden to death.

The violent final minutes were the culmination of years of intelligence work. Inside the CIA team hunting bin Laden, it always was clear that bin Laden's vulnerability was his couriers. He was too smart to let al-Qaida foot soldiers, or even his senior commanders, know his hideout. But if he wanted to get his messages out, somebody had to carry them, someone bin Laden trusted with his life.

In a secret CIA prison in Eastern Europe years ago, al-Qaida's No. 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, gave authorities the nicknames of several of bin Laden's couriers, four former U.S. intelligence officials said. Those names were among thousands of leads the CIA was pursuing.

Read more here.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The fact that he was stopped? Yes.
His death? No.

One should never celebrate the death of another human being, no matter how wicked.

While it is good that bin Laden's death sends a message to his violent kin, I do not find it appropriate to dance on his grave.

Why not? Because it is a life form and doesn't deserve to die?

Cancer is a life form and if I or anyone else I know has cancer I would sure as hell celebrate its death.

If the problem is that he is sentient, well that's the problem with him in the first place.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Why not? Because it is a life form and doesn't deserve to die?

Cancer is a life form and if I or anyone else I know has cancer I would sure as hell celebrate its death.

If the problem is that he is sentient, well that's the problem with him in the first place.

I think what is misunderstood here is human rights. Does cancer have it's own rights from the constitution or a dog, for example? No. We humans are different in a way that our morality conflicts with life and death. I personally do not think anyone's death should be celebrated, because I don't even know the guy, for all I know he could have been set up or completely innocent. (although that's obviously highly unlikely)

However, law and order come in effect as well, which proved to be triumphant in this case.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact the mission was against the law because the pakistanian (<- is that right?) government was not informed on the mission. americas forces just marched into an other country and killed people there and quickly moved out again, the whole mission lasted no longer then about 40 minutes because they were afraid the pakistanian army could attack them.

i personally just have a problem with people who enjoy the death of others. no matter who those "other" people might be or what they have done, being happy because somebody died is not right in my opinion.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>I think what is misunderstood here is human rights. Does cancer have it's own rights from the constitution or a dog, for example? No. We humans are different in a way that our morality conflicts with life and death. I personally do not think anyone's death should be celebrated, because I don't even know the guy, for all I know he could have been set up or completely innocent. (although that's obviously highly unlikely)

Human rights and the bill of rights are absent from many countries... especially in the middle east. This was clearly shown by the attack on the twin towers and their celebration thereafter.

I'd also celebrate the death of someone who was walking down the block shooting random people in the head. Good luck telling anyone that's wrong.

And if he was innocent he shouldn't have made videos stating otherwise. Like his said his sentience is the problem in the first place, his existence is one the world could live without. Also don't try to say human rights in inherent in humans. It's easy to say this in a society like today's where anyone who goes against the rights of others is punished, but for the vast majority of human existence, and from the beginning of, there have been those who had no concept of human rights, simple one's own survival.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Human rights and the bill of rights are absent from many countries... especially in the middle east. This was clearly shown by the attack on the twin towers and their celebration thereafter.

and this permits you to abandom the human rights too huh?

if this man was really responsible for what we believe he did, and i am counting myself in, he got what he deserved.
but still it isnt right to enjoy the death of a man this much as to rally all kinds of people together and start a big party and broadcast it across the world. this behavior is obnoxious to me.

i can understand that many are glad osama bin laden has been killed. but what i have seen is going over the top for me.

Winterherz

Reaction score
>>

why those countries did not have bill of rights in the first place? that's because their beliefs, culture and society we're poked in the roots long before the USA even existed....its not surprising to see democratic late bloomers

let me ask a lot of you here why celebrating isnt the right way?

please don't read this if had a love one involved in 9/11. im making a factual example, pls don't get offended or get soft.
Imagine your wife, your children, girl friend or even best friend we're on those towers. not knowing you'd see them for the last time on a bright shiny day. hearing their goodbyes on your answering machine, feeling hopeless not being able to save them in any way, and see them jump down the tower from a tv and their bodies that look like ground beef. do you know how that feels like? that's the horror and pain those people outside felt that is worth celebrating.

How ironic....america funded the rebels that soon formed al'qaeda.....al'qaeda declared war to america, afghan war, bombings, 9/11, iraq war, 10 years later death of bin laden..partying in the streets.....hmm

...atleast they learned their lesson on libya with only airstrikes and intel

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
So you wouldn't have applauded the death of Hitler?

Hitler was a dictator, not a terrorist. Setting these two men equal is the first mistake. They're both men that did harm to the human race, but their methods are different and most importantly, Bin laden did not eradicate people at whim.
Second, the objectives were completely different; Hitler was a sociopath that sought to "create" a perfect human being and the other was trying to restore conservative values and was also trying to remove the influence of the western culture from the near east by inducing hate into the peoples heart.

Also, no one should applaud one others death, no matter how evil that person was. Revenge is a means to an end, thuss an odd subject that creates vicious circles of hate. The one that considers compromise is in my oppinion the true winner.

sqrage

Reaction score
Hitler was a dictator, not a terrorist. Setting these two men equal is the first mistake. They're both men that did harm to the human race, but their methods are different and most importantly, Bin laden did not eradicate people at whim.
Second, the objectives were completely different; Hitler was a sociopath that sought to "create" a perfect human being and the other was trying to restore conservative values and was also trying to remove the influence of the western culture from the near east by inducing hate into the peoples heart.

So separate them for me. Bin Laden was seen as a leader and head of terrorist groups. Hitler was the leader of the German army. Both carried out mass murders on innocent people. Their mediums, weather planes or gas chambers don't really matter.

What do their objectives matter? Neither succeeded in their objectives so it's pointless to even discuss them when debating their actions. The actions are what matter and they both went about their business in the same fashion. Would you really say Bin Laden isn't a sociopath?

I still don't see why not to applaud. In the greater scheme of things, a person's life is as invaluable as that of an ant's in our eyes.

>>and this permits you to abandom the human rights too huh?

it's the law of the land, they were on Pakistani soil to they obey their laws, which just so happens to not include most if not all of the human rights that are sacred over here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.