Bitter Rivalry

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I brushed a lot more than i usually do in this one.

Comment and Critique pls

BitterRivalry.png

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
The hazy effect seems a tad low qualityish. Not sure exactly what you've done so...yeah...

The simple border is also much better than your usual faded, outerglowed ones.

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@Batman, i lol'd. :D

Bitter Rivalry:
They are better than the other ones you made, but you still need some depth. It looks pretty flat.
I like the grid in the corners, and the haze is pretty cool too.
The text is nicely placed, and the font is good too.
8/10.

The Dark Knight
Again, some depth. This one looks flat too.
The colors blends nicely. The haze effect in this one is better than in the other one.
The grid doesn't fit into this one (at least i think so).
The text is placed perfectly, but it's almost invisible.
The border doesn't fill out the canvas, it's 1 pixel smaller than the rest of the image (if y'know what i mean).
7/10.

:)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Depends what depth your talking about. The majority of people refer to depth as contrast and making a work "pop out". Some refer to depth as giving more meaning to a work (yes I know were talking about sigs here) such as maybe effects or other things.

I'm guessing he means the first one. You can use blur/sharpen, brightness/contrast, and also b/w gradient maps set on luminosity. There are several more ways on how to give more depth but there for me to know only =]

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Something like this?

Jokersig.png

Just an FYI im using Gimp Not photoshop. There are no gradient maps there.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
1st one:
7/10

2nd one:
6/10

3rd one:
5/10
not feeling the 2nd and third =\ 2nd one it too dark and plain, not much to see, and the border is fuzzy
3rd one had random clashing colours + purple and grey not good, and text looks icky. the render is too bright compared with the low contrast bg, and the random lines throw it off.
the first one is pretty nice imo but the fog-like on the sides doesnt fit seeing as the vibrant colours in the middle looks too vibrant for a foggy feel. still the best out of the three though cuz the render blends in very nicely the border is good and those little boxes add a little more depth

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
odd. I was aiming for this sort of text effect.

dark-knight-joker-serious.jpg

but meh. If you guys say that it sucked. Then it sucked :rolleyes:

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Just an FYI im using Gimp Not photoshop. There are no gradient maps there.

Actually there are.

Do this, Layer > New Layer. Pick your two colors (red and blue. w/e) Then go Edit > Copy Visible, Edit > Paste, Layer > Anchor Layer, Filters > Colors > Map > Gradient Map.

Done. There is your gradient map. Just make sure that the color you want to replace your darker colors is in the top square and the color you want to replace the lighter colors is in the bottom square.

Ask me if you have any questions about gimp. I used to use it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.