Spell Black Arrow

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
LoL I accidentally saw it.

It will not disturb anything, besides I am using this spell in Pyramidal remember?
I simply recoded it to use PUI as I explained to you.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Well, cohadar, your PUI GUI SHMUI WUI isn't MUI at all. I tested it but when I cast it 2+ times all arrows move to the direction where the last arrow was casted and none of them gets removed.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Of course it is (try the arrow in pyramidal)

It is not my fault that you made error in your coding....

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
> It is not my fault that you made error in your coding....
Never used it in my map. It's not MUI in the map few posts above. :\

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Oh I see, well I just hacked that in few minutes,
it does not matter really, it is GUI anyways and I don't want to bother with that, waste of time...

Try jassing...

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
> Try jassing...

Duuuh... I know, GUI sux. I just wanted to report that. :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Ah, I guess I overlooked that. Still trying to figure out how to get around the error in my VARIABLEDAMAGE and VARIABLEHEAL constant functions (it says 'Expected a name'). It's not an absolute requirement, but it makes the spell more customizable :)

EDIT: Just noticed that I didn't null the timer t in BArrowActions. Do I need to null it, or would that cause problems with the timer?

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Sooo okay tested it!
I really love this spell. It looks so nice when the effects appear on all units into a line. Doesn't lag and you made the code configuration very newbfriendly (using degrees, colors in %). +Rep because it's great.

I got one little "but" though^^
Could you please make it that way, that it doesn't go further the targeted spellpoint? It is quite easy to do that. Just use an struct integer which, e.g., you call ticks. Then when the spell is fired you do s.th. like this.

JASS:
local location l = GetSpellTargetLoc()
local real lx = GetLocationX(l)
local real ly = GetLocationY(l)
local real x = lx - GetUnitX(a.caster)
local real y = ly - GetUnitY(a.caster)
set a.ticks = R2S(SquareRoot( x * x + y * y) / MOVEDIST) // distance between caster and target location / the distance that is traveled every period
    call RemoveLocation(l)
set l = null

In your callback function you always set a.ticks = a.ticks - 1 and you always check whether a.ticks >= 1... if true then you do all your movement thing etc. if not you do the explode-stuff.

Edit: Null the timer, won't cause any problems... and you should also null the timer in the callback function.

Edit2: Ahh and for physicals sake give the arrow a fly height... normally arrows do NOT move ON the ground^^. Will also look much better.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
when i open the updated map in WE then click test map
it brings me to the Warcraft 3 menu screen :confused:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Doesn't lag and you made the code configuration very newbfriendly (using degrees, colors in %)

That's pretty much what I was aiming for. Being a JASS newb myself, it's nice to be able to easily configure a spell without diving right in and looking for everything and not understanding it. And, pretty much every other JASS spell I've seen has a configuration block, so why shouldn't I do it ^^

I guess that was one of the disadvantages of spending so long using GUI (the newb-unfriendly-ness)

EDIT AGAIN
I have a quick question:
For my first decent attempt at a JASS spell, would this be good/bad/average? End result-wise and complexity of code-wise (would you say it's a fairly simple thing to do for a beginner?)

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
Hmm I'll try to give a pros / cons feedback

+ Spell is in vJASS
+ You use unit sliding
+ You use coordinates
+ You successfully use ABC
+ MUI / MPI
+ Result is pretty nice^^
+ Awesome config, very newbfriendly
+ method use
+ quite efficient coding ( probably more then trice as good as your GUI version [though I never threw a look at it])

------------
- code could be neater at some points (not at config ;) )

-->
Conclusion:
In my opinion a very nice remake of one of your own GUI spells. You learned a lot in the past days I guess... and we can see that :D. Great result for a first JASS spell.
And... I'm happy to see someone GUIing for so long to finally took over JASS ;s

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
+ Spell is in vJASS
+ You use unit sliding
+ You use coordinates
+ You successfully use ABC
+ MUI / PUI
+ Result is pretty nice^^
+ Awesome config, very newbfriendly
+ method use
+ quite efficient coding ( probably more then trice as good as your GUI version [though I never threw a look at it])

------------
- code could be neater at some points (not at config )

1) -
2) I was able to do that before with Key Timers (but it used PolarProjectionBJ)
3) Coordinate geometry would be one of my stronger points when it comes to maths ^^
4) Woot!
5) Ahm... PUI? If you are talking about Perfect Unit Indexing, no comment :nuts:
6) Thanks
7) That was the plan when I thought out the configuration
8) Copied it from cr4xzzz's JASS version of Frozen Orb (I still don't understand what methods do, but I know how to use that one ^^)
9) Thanks :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

1) Any suggestions on making it neater (should I space out the functions more? better indentation?)

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
Mean MPI...
Don't say woot to ABC usage... many beginners don't get it work :S.
And at least you used methods... which is good. Though you might not directly understand how they work yet, which is to be honest no shame. It took me ages to understand em^^

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Don't say woot to ABC usage... many beginners don't get it work :S.

I'm saying woot because the last few times I tried to use ABC, it was a pretty epic failure (I got loads of ingame errors, lag and crashes) so I'm just happy that I got it to work successfully :D

EDIT: Updated the first post with a little more information on the GUI/JASS versions and the technical details.

EDIT 2: Updated the first post again, cleaned up some stuff and added the JASS code, JASS implementation instructions and credits to the first post.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.