Defense Black Magick Defense

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Black Magick Defense - Innovative Ideas!

Hi all ,

I'm new around here, so I'll do a quick intro. I'm a studying Graphic Designer but I've always wanted to make games. In the past, I've made a ton of Starcraft maps ... only a few got popular i think such as Cloaked Cannon Defense.
In WC3 I made a map that got popular but I was too bored with it to finish it and now I lost the original unprotected file, it's called Multiple Missile Defense. http://www.epicwar.com/maps/21140/ , which got rated 4.18 in 44 votes so I guess that's pretty good for a beta map.

Right now I am making a innovative defense map. I'm rusty with triggers/programming and might need your help. In fact, if you are a great mapper and you're interested, it would be awesome if you can work on this with me via chatting programs / Battle.net and share the credit.

Here are some innovative ideas I came up with.

BONUSES CONCEPT
- Your towers you summon actually adds bonuses to your hero. For example you could summon a Beauregard lesser demon which adds to your hero's damage. Each bonus is level-able up to level 200.

- In the highest rank of the techtree, your summoned minion will consume 1 wood (you get 4 wood) and add an awesome level-able ability to your hero.

- You can summon Demons or Guardians from the heavens.

Once you have 3 Ultimate Abilities you can call forth a Greater Demon or ArchAngel. This will provide your Witch with huge bonuses and an incredible 4th Ability.

The 4th ability will depend on the faction of your 3 Ultimate abilities. For eg. if you have 3 Demon Ult ability, you will get a pure evil ult ability. If you have 2 Angel 1 demon you will get an ability that's holy with a hint of demon taint in it.

TECHTREE
Each tower will have 4 different upgrades. For example - a Vampire demon named Vore will have the upgrades (which adds bonus to your hero): Piercing Teeth, Gaze of Shivers, Night Cloak and the ultimate which add a level-able Hero ability Bloody Apocalypse.

You'll need all of the lesser upgrades Piercing Teeth, Gaze of Shivers, and Night Cloak to access the ultimate ability.

GAMEPLAY
- Protect your Eternal Shard of Life from being destroyed by the monsters.

- Cooperative survival, if your Shard of Life gets destroyed, only you are out of the game.

- The monsters will attack your towers, and everything that gets in the way of your Shard of Life.

- You can help your allies if they need it.

- In between rounds there is a break time where you can build more, OR set out to the middle, and attack the Demonic Gate. If the Demonic Gate goes down, your team wins the game automatically. Of course, this victory condition will be designed so that it is retroactively difficult according to the level.

^^^^^ note that this is one gameplay way and might not be the finished product. I might make it that the monsters not attack but move a few arcs in the octagon before heading for your crystal.

SCREENSHOTS

Basic terrain is completed but not in detail such as doodads, etc.

339iyc3.jpg

n6cbqp.jpg

Thanks all for viewing

Open to suggestions, comments, criticism.

Teaser released! Check attachments

Attachments

• BMD_OP2T.w3x
    122.1 KB · Views: 219

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hi :).

> How to make Orb effects stack?

Orb effects are made to don't stack. You can't make them stack (though some Orb effects are stackable).

> but it shows an icon on the Hero - which i dont want. Any suggestions?

Those are buff icons. This also cannot be helped. Unless you want to trigger the effect but I think it's not worth it just for the sake of losing the icon.

> This trigger causes a lag

The lag is caused by ability being loaded into the map for the first time. This is only true on first time when the ability is introduced. To remove the lag, you need to preload the ability at Map Init.

Code:
Event
 Map Init
Condition
Actions
 Unit - Create 1 Footman at somewhere facing somewhere
 Unit - Add Hero Damage to (Last created unit)
 Unit - Remove (Last created unit)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanx a bunch mate, i'll try that preloading trick I'm sure it'll work :)

Just to make sure on the stacking orb effects --- is there some kind of hack or JASS code to enable stacking? it would make my life a lot easier .

I donno how to code in JASS so triggering orb effects will be hard for me.

ed: that preloading trick worked really well! the lag's time is now embedded into the map loading time.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Ok I can't continue at this point because the skills from your towers give you too many icons. For example you have the -armor Devotion armor icon and Critical strike icon after you make the Gaze of Shivers and Piercing Teeth.

I need a way to hide these icons.

Here's the map as an attachment so you can see what I'm talking about.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can hide passive abilitys by adding them to a spell book and disabling >only< the spellbook for that player. the passive abilitys will still have effect but cannot be seen anymore.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
posted this in world edit help got the same reply, i researched spell books and tried it, worked!!! thanks a lot

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Ok, Demo / Teaser version done.

Test it out online or singleplayer and please give me your feedback!

I need to know what you think of the concept , and any strong suggestions will be credited if i use them.

Attachments

• BMD_OP2T.w3x
    122.1 KB · Views: 216
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.