{Blackzabbith's Help Section}

B

Blackzabbith

problem #1- i wanna create a custom ability that holds a unit for bla bla
and uses the item soul steal animation.

ive gotten the soul steal animation to show but its also showing the entangle animation .how do i get rid of the entangle animation?

B

Blackzabbith

problem#2- do i have to use channel to make a unit use a custom ability with a trigger?

edit-@ first question-ok thanks + rep for the both of you

B

Blackzabbith

problem#3- is it possible to make hostile nuetral an ally of an player?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
2. No, you can make a custom ability based off of anything, and still have it set off a trigger when used.
yet take note that in 90% cases channel is a better idea (at least that's my oppinion)

B

Blackzabbith

AceHart said:
Player - Set alliance.
Ally a player with them, and them with that player.

:eek: argh i already redid my whole my map and set all the creeps to all player....my map is 75% creeps. :banghead:

B

Blackzabbith

corvusHaunt said:
2. No, you can make a custom ability based off of anything, and still have it set off a trigger when used.

3. Oops! Use "Player - Set Alliance" Thanks AceHart

i guess i didn't make question 2 quite clear. "Can I Make A Hero Cast An Ability Using My Custom Ability That I Made WithOut Using Channel in a trigger?"

note- read the words in quote carefully :D

problem/question#4- Is it possible to make a backpack where it has a whole other inventory?

Zakyath

Reaction score
Don't triplepost...

Anyway, I think so. How about a nice packhorse that will always follow you?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Blackzabbith said:
problem/question#4- Is it possible to make a backpack where it has a whole other inventory?
why do you need this? there are ways to make your inventory bigger if thats what you want...

B

Blackzabbith

SFilip said:
why do you need this? there are ways to make your inventory bigger if thats what you want...

can you tell me what ways there are? But anyway can you still do it?

Thanks in advance

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
The way you do a custom ability in a trigger is you catch the event of said casted ability, use the condition to relate the casted ability to the ability of your choice, and then the actions in said trigger will run whenever you cast the ability. If you made an ability that isn't based off of channel and use it here, well then, you won't use channel in the trigger. Simple as that.

The reason people use channel is because you can use it multiple times under different names and order ids. While you might want a hard-coded shockwave as part of your trigger because it's easier (sometimes my abilities are based off of the effects of others, such as an ability I made called Ascension, which transforms the hero into a bigger monster guy and summons several minions that constantly revive for the duration of the Ascension), you will find that if, for whatever reason, you based off of the same shockwave spell twice, clicking one of the shockwaves might cast the other shockwave and you'll have some spell-casting chaos. I ran into this issue while making a hero of mine (based two abilities off of stormbolt, because I wanted them both to "interrupt" the target by stunning him for .01 seconds), and I ended up having to base an ability off of channel and just doing what the ability did with custom damage and such.

Many people have done custom backpack systems. You should look around on wc3campaigns or wc3sear.ch. I believe Vexorian created a nice one that would use the bottom two slots of your inventory as scrolling buttons and clicking on one would take you to another four slot and another...and another. As much as you set it.

But of course, people have done backpack units too. Under the extent that huge backpacks tend to be overcomplicated, Rao Dao Zao, in his awesome "When Freedom Slips Away" mini-map, made a backpack unit that just sits on top of the hero's back. It's referred to as a hero, so you can access it in the top left. Then, you can drag the items to the icon in the top left to hand them to the backpack. Then, you can select the backpack and do the same to pass items to the hero. Items on the hero would technically be "equipped" as he would feel their ability effects. Abilities from items in the backpack wouldn't effect him because they would be in a different unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.