So, i really havent worked with the editor now for quite a while but today i just picked it up after i had this (subjectively) great idea and just made the map.
It is small, it is simple, and i think it is alot of fun.
Proudly presenting: Blinkers
Q. What is this game about?
A. It is a minigame deathmatch. Each player controls a single unit in a fairly small arena and tries to stay alive while trying to kill all other players.
Q. What is special about this game?
A. The way you play it. You have no attacks but a couple of useful skills which you will need to use frequently.
Q. What kind of skills?
A. First of all there is blink. This ability will automatically be used whenever you give a move command anywhere. The range is not gigantic but the cooldown is very little.
You also have a shockwave which you can use to kill your opponents directly.
And then you can spawn sentry wards which will attack any blinkers in range.
Q. Why do my own sentry wards keep killing me?
A. They attack every blinker in range, including you.
Q. What else is there in this game?
A. Powerups spawn in set intervalls randomly in the map. They include: Heal, temporary invulnerability and extra lifes.
Q. What is the point of this game?
A. Fast reaction times, alot of crazy blinking action and alot of missles flying through the air like a giant bullet hell!
Q. Is there AI for this game?
A. Yes, a simple one.
Q. Why does the AI suck so much?
A. Because its simple, making it more complex and challenging would tear down the performance.
Q. How long did you work on this map?
A. Probably a few hours, i guess 3... Updated to 5 now with the AI.
So, hope this does it and you can enjoy the map!
25.07.2012 Version 1.1 released:
- Added AI, just put a computer in the lobby.
- Added sound effects
- Added kill messages
- Added text commands to toggle on/off the autocast of blink, the camera lock and the kill messages. Defaults are: Autoblink On, Camera Lock On, Kill Messages Off
- Changed the abilities a little bit
- Changed the terrain a little bit
- If a player leaves the game his Blinker will be controlled by the AI for now.
- Shockwave range has been increased so much that it now goes through the entire map!