Gaming Blizzard has confirmed that they'll announce a new product

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You're saying just because they have another MMO on their hands, a second one would just hurt their income? Where were you when WoW became the single most profitable game of all time?

IMO, another MMO would just bring in more income. Even if it didn't become profitable, they could cut their losses. It's not like they'd end up in the poor house.

But alas, I'm just playing Devil's advocate. It's probably going to be a sequel to one of their three main franchises, or an entirely new game.

Thats what I'm saying. 90% of MMO players Play WoW, why would Blizzard make a new MMO that would just take players from WoW, and put them into their New MMO? It would be more profitable if they made a different Genre.

M

Mighty_One

I am 100% sure whatever it is it won't be Diablo 3. The story is already done, and ones who had been in the program of making game Diablo have left blizzard. If they have hired some new good programmers to get Diablo 3 out, well that's stupid. As said before, story is done, so a new one would be shit, and whole thing all together pointless. They wouldn't dare make diablo 3 with bad graphics, it would be a waiste of money. No doubt, it would be a worth it game. Now there's Diablo 3, one that is free on internet and WoW is pay per month. That would affect their porgress in WoW. Now, there can be another outcome if D3 ends up being pay per month. I believe most people would be very angry at this, and ones who are willing to pay per month already have WoW, and would have be insane to pay for two per month games.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> story is already done
Wasn't it "done" in D1 already?

Anyhow I would gladly play D3 if they make it similar to TES IV: Oblivion for example, at least graphics wise ;)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I am 100% sure whatever it is it won't be Diablo 3. The story is already done

Sorry, nope.

Ever Hear of Azmodan (Lord of Sin), and Belial (Lord of Lies) They are part of the Diablo story and guess what? They haven't been killed.

They can be used, plus Diablo came back in D2 from D1 so why can't it happen again?

Medivh came back.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I don't think a new MMO would be a problem but my hopes it isn't a WC4 because then everyone would leave WC3 and I would have to spend money... :p but my CD may have just crapped out soon so idk ...

Yay alternate story line :p thats my type of writing D3 could be possible with designers and people like me but I think it would be nice if they made it SC2 because SC was a hit and its out dated I wouldn;t buy it but it would be best for us

For Blizzard its going to be something way different but this is a lack of info

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
It will be Starcraft or Diablo or a new title since they released WoW.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well who really thinks its going to be D3

My guess it would be SC2...

And someone said about them giving back to the people who got them this far

1 of the 1st blizzard game Picture Things have changed

M

Mighty_One

Despite any argument (even though some are pretty good), I don't think that D3 will be coming out. WC4 would be a nice thing, better graphics, story continues, more options on battle.net and such. I don't really think that it will be the new thing, I think that SC2 will be. It was a great hit, as said, the story isn't over, and even though SC1 is very old now, with 2D graphics, it is still quite popular. SOme people say that there are more players on SC than on WC3 itself, I don't know if I believe this, but it still is a very good game. I am sure that Blizzard has all statistics on this, and that's how they'd determine which of two games to make. There are two points (good ones I think) that say that it is more likely that SC2 will be coming out rather than WC4. One is that WoW is out there and is kind of blocking progress in the story line of WC, I think people would like to explore the whole world of it at a specific point in time: shortly after Illidan's defeat (not death, but defeat nontheless). Just add the new Burning Crusade to this problem, a new game that not all WoW players have yet. Another might be that SC, even if not as played(?) as WC3, (because it is so old now) some might have switched to WC3 because of graphics and such, so more people would be awaiting for the new thing. By the way, has anyone thought that there might be a new game coming out? I personally doubt this, I think the strongest that it's SC2 or WC4, but it is a posiblity nontheless.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
My guess:

A completely new game: Chances are not good, as they haven't really had a new series, or game in a long while. There still is a slight chance though.

New Warcraft: Almost 0. If they introduce a new Warcraft, many of the WoW players will want to try it out, and they may quit on WoW, if they find that the new game has much more to offer in the realm of Warcraft. (Storyline, and a bunch of other stuff). Only thing I can really think of new would be something from the newest races in WoW: Draenei and Blood Elves. Besides, they just added the expansion to it, why would they already be coming out with a completely new game.

New Starcraft: Many people have been wanting more of this series for a while, and it hasn't been worked on in a very long time. Probably a relatively high chance.

New Diablo: Chances are ok.Diablos are usually MMORPGs. They just made a very very popular one, and somehow I don't think they want to draw the crowd away from WoW.

My guess: A new Starcraft.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> WoW players will want to try it out
You are aware though that a majority of WoW players still thinks that WoW is the first game in its series?
Who even cares about the story? I wanna get epics to kill more of those evil cow-people-race!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
we should make a pot, each put in rep and who ever guesses the right game gets the rep :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.