Gaming Blizzard releases Warcraft 3 assets to StarCraft 2 modders

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
At long last, Blizzard has released the official assets it used to make Warcraft 3 to the modders of StarCraft 2′s Arcade mode.

If you’re not familiar with Arcade mode, it’s basically a portal for all modders to share their creations with the rest of the StarCraft 2 community. Anyone with a copy of the game can download the many available, high-quality mods, or start making them in the game’s editor.

Some of these mods modify existing game modes, others change the game completely. Building enitre games in the StarCraft 2 engine and much more. For years fans have been waiting to remake Warcraft 3 in the StarCraft 2 engine and it seems their prayers have been finally answered.

Blizzard announced today that it has released all Warcraft 3 assets to all players in the PTR for now, with the public to receive it later.

The assets include new hero models for all primary races, original models, structures, spell effects, ambient sounds, music, and custom user interfaces for each race.

Read more here. (VG24/7)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my god. This is huge.
I cant believe I am saying this, but blizzard just got a little bit of respect from me.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Me and Tooblet are totally going to start digging into making The Exiled 2.0 now. Awesome news!

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, At least a exiting times for "StarCraft 2 lovers"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.